Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

Don’t worry I’m sure the gop will find a way to circle back up once trumps gone and pick the ideological war with you back up

until then stay focused on the task at hand and enjoy long time gop thinktankers and messaging chiefs actively trying to guide their followers into voting for your guy this time 

(and everyone knows down ballot effects so it’s not like they don’t understand what they’re trying to do and the potential ramifications)

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Biden is trying to give traditionally GOP voters who don't like Trump and Obama/Trump voters a permission structure to vote for him.  It is similar to what The Lincoln Project and Republicans Against Trump are doing (when they aren't just trolling Trump).  I seriously doubt Kasich is going to show up and advocate for GOP policies, he's going to say that Trump is a disaster, bad for America, and that reasonable republicans should vote for Biden. I would certainly hope the progressive base isn't offended because one anti-Trump republican showed up.  

Edit:  I would also invite some member of the academic conservative establishment, like Bill Kristol or George Will or someone like that. 

:wtf:The man pushing for Sara Palin. The neocon pushing for the Iraq war and would love for us to invade Iran?

Joe did that, he would see his convention turned off and those progressives; he needs will not be so motivated to come out.

There's a reason why Joe has progressives on his various policy teams and why he's moving more towards their direction.

1 hour ago, clietas said:

I'd rather hear Marianne give a firey speech about the healing qualities of moon crystals than George Will or Bill Kristol pining for the good old days of compassionate conservatism or beacons on hills. 😈

Everyone's speech better get vetted before they go live.

Folks like George Will could make the case for voting GOP after Trump is gone at a Democratic Convention in way that's too smart for a lot of folks to get at first.

I don't want to sound insulting, just it will sound beautiful in the moment, then four years later used in a campaign ad for the next GOP presidential candidate without even editing it, he's that good.

19 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

:wtf:The man pushing for Sara Palin. The neocon pushing for the Iraq war and would love for us to invade Iran?

Joe did that, he would see his convention turned off and those progressives; he needs will not be so motivated to come out.

There's a reason why Joe has progressives on his various policy teams and why he's moving more towards their direction.

You're right, Biden should roll out a consistent lineup of Bernie and the Squad and play right into the ****ty desperate narrative Trump is pushing rather than letting republicans make the case to gettable republicans (who are a disproportionate part of the electorate in PA, WI, MI and AZ). 

LOL at the reference to the Iraq war.  It was nearly 20 years ago and Biden voted for it.  Does anyone care anymore?

Also, I feel obligated to post this.

1 hour ago, clietas said:

I'd rather hear Marianne give a firey speech about the healing qualities of moon crystals than George Will or Bill Kristol pining for the good old days of compassionate conservatism or beacons on hills. 😈

Marianne Williamson Love GIF by MSNBC - Find & Share on GIPHY

Spinal Tap Animated Gif GIF by Vevo - Find & Share on GIPHY

Bring it!

New Trump ads in NC are plenty disgusting. All about how unsafe we’ll be in Biden’s America. 

One ad flashes “innocent children will be shot”. Another shows an old lady trying to call the police (but they aren’t there because Biden defunded them) and being assaulted by an intruder. Ends with the phone falling to the floor. Solid effort from GOP.

27 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

New Trump ads in NC are plenty disgusting. All about how unsafe we’ll be in Biden’s America. 

One ad flashes “innocent children will be shot”. Another shows an old lady trying to call the police (but they aren’t there because Biden defunded them) and being assaulted by an intruder. Ends with the phone falling to the floor. Solid effort from GOP.

Trump will flood the key states with those ads.   And it will bring him his wavering base back into the fold.

I still have really seen any Biden ads.

The First Votes in the 2020 Election Will Be Cast in Six Weeks 

>>

(Bloomberg) -- Voters in the crucial battleground states of Michigan, Pennsylvania and North Carolina will begin casting ballots in September, giving President Donald Trump and Joe Biden just weeks to make their cases to voters. The first absentee ballots will be sent out in North Carolina starting on Sept. 4. Voters in Pennsylvania will be able to request, fill out and turn in absentee ballots in person starting on Sept. 14, followed by voters in Michigan on Sept. 19.<<

Read more at: https://www.bloombergquint.com/politics/first-votes-in-the-2020-election-will-be-cast-in-six-weeks
Copyright © BloombergQuint

21 hours ago, tshile said:

I usually try to think a out political party moves along the lines of strategy instead of morality or even ideology (cause it seems to me that’s how it operates at the top anyways) and so I often put myself in the shoes of being in charge of the GOP and asking what should they do. And the only answer I can come up with is wait until the Dems screw up and make platform changes to take advantage (whatever that might mean)

It's going to be white grievance politics and conspiracy theories for quite a few years. There isn't any pathway out of a white nationalist platform that doesn't involve pissing off the most rabid part of your voter base that is more interested in inflicting pain onto its enemies than proper governance.

1 hour ago, Cooked Crack said:

Lol. 

Just wondering when saying "I toldya" is appropriate. I don't want to be a bore or anything but this guy keeps doing exactly what i predict almost as if i am one of his advisors.

But, we all know this election will happen normally and Trump will continue our tradition of peaceful transfers of power after fair elections, right?
Sure he will.

~Bang

1 hour ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

While this time it's far louder and incredibly upfront in its racism, it's really not completely different than what the GOP has been running on for a long time: fear. In the time of Dubya it was "If you vote for a Democrat, terrorists will kill you and your family."

Now it's "If you vote for a Democrat, dark skinned people will come to rape and kill you and your family."

6i80itql1og01.jpg

Archived