Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

7 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

If the Dem voters wanted that change, Biden wouldn’t be the nominee.

Biden is just a stopgap to #47.

Biden is going to have hard time passing any big change and that’s just among the Dems.

Dem voters across the country have pushed for and enacted change from Medicaid expansion to marijuana legalization. The last Dem president oversaw massive changes to the healthcare system and a broad expansion of civil rights for many Americans. 

It’s kind of silly to suggest that the next potential Democratic President won’t be enacting broad social and economic change when he will be inheriting a broken economy and social order.

Just now, Rdskns2000 said:

Whoever wins, I predict they will not serve their term.

Typically, the opposite of all your predictions come true so I expect Biden to govern till 2028.

18 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

I don't know if I've ever seen a more pathetic human being than Sessions. To be humiliated publicly for 4 years, yet continue to lick the boots of that tangerine tinted buffoon is astounding to me. Not that I feel bad for him in any way; Sessions is a POS who deserves to be humiliated. Still, you have to admire how somebody can debase and shame themselves repeatedly and still go out in public.

It's insane. Sessions and Cruz both. Trump repeatedly humiliated Cruz, made fun of his wife's looks, and insinuated that his father was part of the Kennedy assassination. Then once Trump won the nomination, Cruz immediately bent over. Sessions was even worse as Trump continued to humiliate him repeatedly after Sessions had been one of his earliest endorsers and was a member of his cabinet. Maybe Sessions is a big time sub in his private life? Not to kink shame or anything...

Cruz is just a completely hollow husk of a human.

57f6bf9b9bd9786f018b5609?width=1200&format=jpeg

11 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Democrats have to get busy right away, pass as much change as possible because they might only have two years.

This assumes we win +3 Senate seats in 2020, which is probably a 50/50 proposition right now.

The 2022 Senate map is very friendly to Dems.

2022 US Senate map.svg

Pickup opportunities for Dems in Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, NC, Georgia (maybe), and Florida. No obvious pickup opportunities for the GOP.  

28 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Democrats have to get busy right away, pass as much change as possible because they might only have two years.

I'm curious...if the Dems get a Senate majority will they go whole hog and try to use the nuclear option on legislative filibusters? That would be interesting, but the last time they did it with judicial nominations it ended up being a double edge sword. 

Jones is pretty certain going to lose, unless it comes to the fore that Tuberville did something egregious even by Alabama standards.  Like, someone is going to have to bait him into ****talking Nick Saban AND Bear Bryant. 

If Biden wins, that means the Dems need 4 seats.  Colorado and AZ are near-locks.  So they need to add 2 from NC, Maine, or Montana, all of which they have a very narrow lead in.  The Iowa seat is also pretty much a dead heat right now.  

21 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Jones is pretty certain going to lose, unless it comes to the fore that Tuberville did something egregious even by Alabama standards.  Like, someone is going to have to bait him into ****talking Nick Saban AND Bear Bryant. 

If Biden wins, that means the Dems need 4 seats.  Colorado and AZ are near-locks.  So they need to add 2 from NC, Maine, or Montana, all of which they have a very narrow lead in.  The Iowa seat is also pretty much a dead heat right now.  

Kansas is another potential pickup, especially if Kobach gets the GOP nomination. Their primary is August 4th so we'll know more then

The other key nugget in the Q poll:

TRUMP'S HANDLING OF THE ECONOMY 

President Trump's approval rating on the economy is underwater as voters approve 44 - 53 percent, compared to his 52 - 45 percent approval rating on the economy in June. Today's numbers are his worst net score on the economy since August of 2017. 

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

Please stop with this nonsense. 

I think if Joe wins he'll at least serve one term before deciding not to run in 2024. Trump is the one I can see bailing sometime in his second term if he wins reelection. At this point all he wants to do as show he can get reelected. He has absolutely no interest in governing.

As far as the VP stakes, yes, Biden's VP nominee would be the front runner on the Dem side in 2024 if Joe wins. On the GOP side?  Pence would have the leg up for the 2024 nomination, but I don't see Mike is having it locked down, as he'll face competition from Haley, Cotton, and others. But again, if Trump wins and bails before 2024, you'd have President Pence who would not be challenged for the 2024 nomination. 

Archived