Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

Debate prep should be started now. Have Biden rehearsing the line "When our country faces a pandemic threat to the lives of our citizens, I, as President, will listen to the National Institutes of Health, the Centers for Disease Control, scientists, experts and the doctors on the front-line. Donald Trump listens to the host of the Love Connection".

Practice that line. If we don't hear it in one of the debates, Joe, you don't get your oatmeal. 

I'd have to look for evidence supporting this, but it seems that, generally, when a prominent 3rd party candidacy is announced, or becomes official, they tend to show more support than they will hold onto. Mainly because, one would assume, it becomes obvious how futile that bid is the closer the election comes. 

RTF, my understanding is that the dude deleted the tweet, but not before he had made an additional comment related to Hunter's drug issue.

I know politics is a rough game but the tweet is something that was cruel and had absolutely no point. I hate to keep on belaboring this, but there are just too many ****heads like this out there that give me any hope of decency prevailing. Although I think I did see a GOP congressman from Texas denounce it.

4 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

RTF, my understanding is that the dude deleted the tweet, but not before he had made an additional comment related to Hunter's drug issue.

I know politics is a rough game but the tweet is something that was cruel and had absolutely no point. I hate to keep on belaboring this, but there are just too many ****heads like this out there that give me any hope of decency prevailing. Although I think I did see a GOP congressman from Texas denounce it.

Well, let's hope you are wrong. I firmly believe that if everyone who wants to vote this year, is able to; Donald will lose.  The extent of that loss is unknown.  Could be Biden just barely wins, ala Bush-Gore.  Maybe the current polls end up being right and Biden has a big win.

Can Trump win, of course he can.  Remember, Papa Bush was down 17 points and ended up beating Dukakis by 8 points.

Sadly, it's a ****in' eternity until the election.

12 hours ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Are you seeing ads from Project Lincoln or the Republicans Against Donald Trump (whatever the other group is called)?

Online, yes.

When watching live TV or streaming one my shows thru the CW,NBC,ABC app; no.  It really sucks when streaming a show thru the app, because you get the same commercial several times and sadly; I see Trump's adds over and over.

I don't expect any add to get GOPers to change their mind and vote Biden but maybe if they see them; they decide not to vote for Trump.  We know the GOP is doing everything to suppress the vote; the Dems need to do everything they can to get the GOP vote to be less.

8 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Well, let's hope you are wrong. I firmly believe that if everyone who wants to vote this year, is able to; Donald will lose.  The extent of that loss is unknown.  Could be Biden just barely wins, ala Bush-Gore.  Maybe the current polls end up being right and Biden has a big win.

Of course the electoral college is everything and I used to think there was a slight chance that DT could win the popular vote (probably before the Dem nomination was settled and well before the virus), but at this point I see no scenario where Biden doesn't win the popular vote. Which is going to be embarrassing for DT if he does win. Even Bush, in his fairly narrow EC win in 2004, won the popular vote.

I dont know If Joe Biden is perfect for this moment or if im just desperate for any man with character and a ability to lead to step up at this point. nt matter though. Got damn am I rooting for this guy to make it into office. I legitimately dont know what will happen if he doesn't. I may not even be able to flee the country at that point if I had to. 

3 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I don't know If Joe Biden is perfect for this moment or if im just desperate for any man with character and a ability to lead to step up at this point. nt matter though. Got damn am I rooting for this guy to make it into office. I legitimately dont know what will happen if he doesn't. I may not even be able to flee the country at that point if I had to. 

In many ways he IS perfect for this moment, in that he is, by all accounts, a genuinely kind and decent human being... something that is really the opposite of Donald Trump, and something that seems to be sorely lacking in much  political discourse these days.

Good time as any to re-post this, from Trump supporter Lindsey Graham:

10 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I legitimately dont know what will happen if he doesn't. I may not even be able to flee the country at that point if I had to. 

I’m honestly more worried what will happen if Biden wins.

Nov 4th 2020 - Jan 21st 2021 will be probably the most dangerous period. You got a vengeful, psychotic man still in office cornered like a rat, and his supporters will most likely be worked into a rabid frenzy.

If we can make it past those 2 and half months, we will be ok.

6 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

In many ways he IS perfect for this moment, in that he is, by all accounts, a genuinely kind and decent human being... something that is really the opposite of Donald Trump, and something that seems to be sorely lacking in much  political discourse these days.

Yea I think you are right. People need to feel something other than anger and hate for a few years. 

6 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Good time as any to re-post this, from Trump supporter Lindsey Graham:

Honestly the Lindsey Graham stuff just makes me sad because I cant even tell if he was being sincere in that moment or if that was just more politics for him. Riding the wave of Joe's anguish to help himself look more compassionate than he really is. I hate that we have given so much power to such terrible people as him. 

1 minute ago, Rogue Jedi said:

Nov 4th 2020 - Jan 21st 2021 will be probably the most dangerous period. You got a vengeful, psychotic man still in office cornered like a rat, and his supporters will most likely be worked into a rabid frenzy.

Its why im arming myself and my household 

12 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Yea I think you are right. People need to feel something other than anger and hate for a few years. 

The same people filled with anger and hate aren't going to just stop being angry and hateful.  Their master isn't going to stop tweeting lies, anger and hatred.  

At this point, I think the Trump faithful can't even fathom him not winning a 2nd term.  They are very confident that he will be re-elected.  I expect the anger and hatred to amp up to a higher level if Biden wins the election.

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

The same people filled with anger and hate aren't going to just stop being angry and hateful.  Their master isn't going to stop tweeting lies, anger and hatred.  

At this point, I think the Trump faithful can't even fathom him not winning a 2nd term.  They are very confident that he will be re-elected.  I expect the anger and hatred to amp up to a higher level if Biden wins the election.

Could not agree with this more. The level of anger from his supporters will go up. The question is how does it manifest itself. My fear is it comes out in open violence. They have been emboldened by their leader to feel entitled to their privilege. This will be seen - rightfully so - a large blow to that privilege. Hopefully the beginning of the end of it. 

At the very least expect exponentially more senate driven investigations unless the dems win the senate. If not, the gov itself could be it's own little civil war where the Senate just blocks everything. 

A Biden victory, even coupled with a Dem Senate and House is not the end, it is merely the very beginning of the healing process. And that never starts smoothly. 

43 minutes ago, Rogue Jedi said:

It depends on the size if victory. If Biden wins big; Trump will probably resign and let Pence finish the term. Trump will pardon a bunch of people on his way out, including himself. If he won’t pardon himself, he will get Pence to.

If the election is close; then expect Trump will fight the results. Civil War could break out.

5 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

It depends on the size if victory. If Biden wins big; Trump will probably resign and let Pence finish the term. Trump will pardon a bunch of people on his way out, including himself. If he won’t pardon himself, he will get Pence to.

If the election is close; then expect Trump will fight the results. Civil War could break out.

I know the polls show a significant lead For Biden, but I’m sure come Election Day it’s still gonna be close.

And we know the GOP will do all they can to prohibit free and fair elections. They’ll pull the usual slimy tactics. It’s gonna be close. Brace yourselves.

Archived