Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

7 hours ago, China said:

Of course they were "very surprised."  With all the crazy crap that comes out of his mouth they were probably certain that he is mentally deranged.  They really should do some testing for bvFTD though. 

Doctor 1:  It doesn't appear to be dementia.

Doctor 2:  THEN WTF CAN IT BE?

lupus House M.D.

7 hours ago, China said:

Oh, and he really did need to specify "in front of doctors"  because most people would assume he was tested by monkeys and that was the only reason he passed the test.

Or that he'd pay someone to take if for him.

14 hours ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

And you're not endlessly tweeting about what an unparalleled genius you are?

My friends know how brilliant!am, even with a mild stroke! :evil:

I think Trump had a mild stroke like I did, he slurs his words sometimes, to me it's apparent that he has aphasia, he probably rests most of the day, and he's probably good on his feet for only a couple of hours at a time. Except for playing golf.  We'll probably find out after he's dead, like with Reagan and Alzheimer's in the last years of his second term.

I mean, all that really needs to be said is that he claims he took a test, the purpose of which would be to determine if ht's met the minimum threshold for mental competence. He says he passed it (quite possibly a lie) and that the doctors were shocked that he did. Now he's bragging about that fact- which, again, is that doctors were so surprised he isn't technically non compos mentis. 

The President of the United States is a pathological liar, a grifter and con man, misogynistic, a racist, probably a rapist, is not at all interested in doing his job, is a traitor and has the maturity of a 2nd grader.

But we must also remember that he is a profoundly stupid individual. 

And, right on cue:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/07/10/biden-just-ate-trumps-populist-lunch/

On Thursday, former vice president Joe Biden snatched the populist mantle back from Trump. The Post reports: “Joe Biden unveiled a proposal Thursday to spend $700 billion on American products and research, challenging President Trump’s ‘America First’ agenda with a competing brand of economic nationalism and setting the stage for an election-year showdown over the country’s financial future.”

Biden’s plan is aimed squarely at workers based on a message of “fairness.” As he explained on Thursday during a speech in Dunmore, Pa., the presumptive Democratic nominee seeks “an economy where every American enjoys a fair return for their work — and an equal chance to get ahead. An economy that is more powerful precisely because everyone is cut in on the deal. An economy that says investing in the American people and working families is more important than the nearly $2 trillion dollar tax break Trump predominantly handed out to the richest Americans.”

Calling it the “Build Back Better” plan, Biden proposed investing in manufacturing, something Trump promised but failed to deliver. The Biden plan includes “$400 billion to purchase products and materials our country needs to modernize our infrastructure, to replenish our critical stockpiles, and to enhance our national security.” The plan also promises to fight unfair trading practices; fund green energy jobs; invest $300 billion in research in new technologies (thereby “creating millions of good-paying union jobs”); support a caregiving and education workforce (e.g., paid sick leave, child care); add more money for education; and secure the Affordable Care Act (e.g., lowering the cost of prescription drugs, stopping surprise medical bills and providing a public option to cover the millions of Americans without care). Finally, he vowed to present a complete agenda for rectifying racial inequality.

More at link. 

But, on Thursday afternoon, [Cohen] was arrested at a probation office in downtown Manhattan after declining to sign a home confinement contract that required him to promise he wouldn’t speak to any journalists, use social media or publish a tell-all book about Trump for the duration of his sentence.

He arrived at the probation meeting expecting to have an electronic surveillance bracelet fitted to his ankle so he could return to home confinement, Levine said.

Levine, who was with Cohen when he got arrested, said his client at first balked at the de facto gag order when his probation officer presented it because he believed it violated his First Amendment rights.

https://news.yahoo.com/michael-cohen-rushed-back-upstate-173100661.html

Is this real?  How can a probation officer insist Cohen agree not to publish a book on Trump as a means of staying out of prison?  

What a whiny little ****...

Trump the victim: President complains in private about the pandemic hurting him

Callers on President Trump in recent weeks have come to expect what several allies and advisers describe as a “woe-is-me” preamble.

The president rants about the deadly coronavirus destroying “the greatest economy,” one he claims to have personally built. He laments the unfair “fake news” media, which he vents never gives him any credit. And he bemoans the “sick, twisted” police officers in Minneapolis, whose killing of an unarmed black man in their custody provoked the nationwide racial justice protests that have confounded the president.

Gone, say these advisers and confidants, many speaking on the condition of anonymity to detail private conversations, are the usual pleasantries and greetings.

Instead, Trump often launches into a monologue placing himself at the center of the nation’s turmoil. The president has cast himself in the starring role of the blameless victim — of a deadly pandemic, of a stalled economy, of deep-seated racial unrest, all of which happened to him rather than the country.

Trump put his self-victimization on public display Thursday in response to a Supreme Court ruling rejecting his claim of absolute immunity and permitting a New York prosecutor to see the president’s private and business financial records.

Click on the link for the full article

On 7/9/2020 at 10:42 PM, mistertim said:

lol. Abolish the suburbs? The **** does that even mean?

Many environmental groups would absolutely try to abolish sprawl and reliance on cars as personal transportation.  Both of which essentially describe the suburbs and suburban style of living (which I happen to love).  This doesn’t accurately describe the Democratic Party however and saying that Biden wants to end suburbs is absurd.  

Even if he did, it would be worth the risk to get a leader that doesn’t actively harm the country.  

Latinos will keep cooking...without Goya

CNN)Like most of my friends and family I have Goya products in my cupboard. Adobo, Sazón with Coriander and Anatto, Sofrito (Tomato, though sometimes I'll get the Recaito Cilantro, and black and pink beans.)

Along with strong café con leche, 1970s salsa records, and a dark brown fedora someone gave me for my birthday 15 years ago, I signal my ethnic identity with Caribbean cooking. I had never really liked how Goya monopolized the shelves of my grocery store, crowding out other brands that I had imagined were just as authentic and perhaps even cheaper. But Goya was there, it was edible, and it allowed me to continue in the tradition of eating rice and beans, which is an enduring part of how I make sense of the world.

Then came yesterday. Goya Chief Executive Robert Unanue stood the world on its head when he commented on the White House lawn that "we are all truly blessed ... to have a leader like President Trump." Unanue was making his remarks at a press event that announced something called the "White House Hispanic Prosperity Initiative," in front of a gathering of a dwindling number of Hispanic Trump supporters.

¡Esto es traiciòn!

Never thought my canned beans would betray me, but it’s 2020 and everything is terrible. 

25 minutes ago, China said:

Nice to see Trump's campaign staff not wearing masks.  They can infect themselves and cause disarray in the campaign from a high staff turnover rate as people leave after catching coronavirus.

Counterpoint: Masks are for nerds though.

13 hours ago, Destino said:

Is this real?  How can a probation officer insist Cohen agree not to publish a book on Trump as a means of staying out of prison?  

This came directly from Bill Barr. Cohen is a Federal prisoner/probationer. You can bet we wouldn't see this particular clause/requirement in a Democratic administration.

58 minutes ago, Larry said:

It's research.  Where do you think he gets his material?

The first blurb I heard on it yesterday was something like "A writer on Tucker Carlson's staff has been fired. He was discovered to have been writing racist and misogynistic posts under an alias". My first thought was "Yeah, but what did he get fired for, though?"

58 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

The first blurb I heard on it yesterday was something like "A writer on Tucker Carlson's staff has been fired. He was discovered to have been writing racist and misogynistic posts under an alias". My first thought was "Yeah, but what did he get fired for, though?"

Getting caught.

Archived