Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

16 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

If Biden refuses to debate, he will come off as a coward.  You want to be President but you are too scared to debate the current president?

If they are any debates, it will probably only be one.

Plus, the moronathon over at Trump HQ decided to hype up the debates just like they hyped up the Tulsa rally. If they set expectations sky-high for Trump (talking about how it's going to be a "bloodbath", etc) he's inevitably going to come in lower than those expectations and look like even more of a idiot than he already does. 

32 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Trump isn't debating anyone. So just quit it.

Then Biden should show up to the debates by himself.

All he has to do is point to the empty podium next to him as part of some of his answers and at some point Trump will get he can't offer rebuttals to a debate that long via jus Tweets.

Just goat him into coming to the next one and see what he does, Trump basically abdicating his right to attack Biden on live TV in realtime. Far more people watch TV then use twitter.

41 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Trump isn't debating anyone. So just quit it.

Could not disagree more. He wants to debate Biden. He is certain he can make Biden look like a fool. He wants to debate him so bad he can taste it.

If I were Biden I would not debate him. He has nothing to gain by debating trump but everything to lose. And it will make trump furious if he can't get Biden to debate him. Biden could use those times to hold televised town halls. Answer questions from the audience without the clown there trying to make into a mud slinging contest. That's what trump wants, a mud slinging contest. And he wins that contest. 

Just tell people - look we know he will do the intimidation thing and lie. So instead of wasting your time with his lies and childish insults, I will hold a town hall and you can ask any questions you want. And then make sure the audience is split evenly between Dems, Reps, and Ind. 

it would crush trump's soul. Anytime he does not get what he wants he throws a temper tantrum. If Biden just stays away from the childish insults and stays on policy, trump looks like even more of an idiot than he does now. 

Not sure the Dems have the guts to do it though. They will let ego get in the way and want to show they can out trump trump. 

Watched trumps 

2 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

I'm going to shout now. 

BIDEN ALREADY ACCEPTED THE STANDARD THREE DEBATE FORMAT.

Trump wanted four debates. Biden wisely decided to stick with the standard. I don't want to see any audiences during the debates. 

I know he did but I would not have done it. They could still back out - cite personal attacks and too many lies. You might lose a few voters but you would gain many more - at least I believe so.

If Hillary had stopped after the first debate she may just have won. He kept goading her into the mud slinging game and he wins those. She was brilliant the first debate but went down from there. 

So we will see. Bullies like trump thrive on fighting and goading people into fighting with them. Hope i am wrong. Hope Biden tears him a new one. 

5 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Hillary largely lost after Comey said that the FBI was looking at her emails again. All the air went out of the balloon at that point. So I wasn't really surprised when I woke the next morning and she conceded. 

I am not saying it was the only reason and not trying to rehash the many ways Hillary managed to lose - I had 4 specific things she did that any one of them could have been enough to swing the less than 100,000 votes in 3 states that cost her the election. And i think would have overcome Comey as damaging as that was.  

Her performances in the debates is definitely one of those 4. And she got worse and worse playing his game and putting herself on his level in many peoples eyes - especially those not closely aligned with one party of the other. 

Biden has to win this election. I am concerned that he will also fall for the bait and go off message during the debates. If he does, he will lose the middle. Looks like we will find out. 

Again, my hope is he destroys trump. We will see. 

32 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Hillary largely lost after Comey said that the FBI was looking at her emails again. All the air went out of the balloon at that point. So I wasn't really surprised when I woke the next morning and she conceded. 

Hillary took certain votes for granted that in retrospect proved to be a major error.  If she had a do over I bet she abandons free trade sooner and spend a lot more money and time in the rust belt.  Had she done that I think she wins.  You're right though the emails thing certainly hurt.  So did the presses love for the ratings Trump's scandals brought them. 

Trump for all his errors has changed the narrative on trade deals in the US for a long time.  US workers are not at all interested in hearing "free trade" anymore.  All it's meant for the US is a greater percentage of income funneled to the top.  Biden needs to stay the hell away from free trade and promise the American people that all trade deals will be negotiated with the best interests US workers, not US executives or share holders, in mind.  By doing so and hammering Trump on his failures in trade (like the stuff Bolton revealed) he can steal this issue. 

Yeah, Biden has had a couple of long convos (well, maybe just one of them was long, but at least two conversations) with my mother about being a parent and burying a child. He really can be a warm and comforting person.

That's why, though I never cared much for him as a candidate, I never had anything bad to say about him as a person (though some of the stuff with young women was at least poorly handled).

It's definitely unpredictable. But an incumbent POTUS battling for re-election while simultaneously ignoring the worst national crisis we've had in 100 years doesn't sound like a winning strategy to me.

It still absolutely appalls me that this guy has around 40% approval. If these new mass infections end up in a new wave of mass deaths I don't see how it's going to do anything other than hurt Trump even more. And this could be in two states that are in play: Florida and Texas. In Florida, Trump is already down and in Texas, several polls have shown Biden basically tied with him. 

I doubt people in Texas and Florida will be more inclined than now to support Trump after a new wave of thousands of deaths with zero federal guidance or national testing and containment strategy. 

Archived