Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

This is what I have been asking.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/nancy-pelosi-joe-biden-coronavirus-response_n_5e74fc86c5b63c3b648fdda1 

One of the reasons I hated the idea of Biden as the nominee was the guy has never shown he knows how to fight. The fact that Trump's approval rating seems to be going up as he bungles the crisis at every turn while Biden seems to have self quarantined is the kind of thing a lot of us feared.

1 hour ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

This is what I have been asking.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/nancy-pelosi-joe-biden-coronavirus-response_n_5e74fc86c5b63c3b648fdda1 

One of the reasons I hated the idea of Biden as the nominee was the guy has never shown he knows how to fight. The fact that Trump's approval rating seems to be going up as he bungles the crisis at every turn while Biden seems to have self quarantined is the kind of thing a lot of us feared.

Good Lord have mercy, what a terrible take. First, Biden is a candidate. He can only give speeches and make policy proposals. He has no ability to effect policy as a candidate. No candidate who isn't in office ever does. Second, Trump, as POTUS, has the bully pulpit which is an enormous advantage. Any good POTUS would have a approval rating on 75% by now at least. Lastly, Pelosi did act first and the Dems will continue to act. 

I don't feel empathy for those Bloomberg suckers.   He played them like a fiddle and used them.  There's was no way he was really going to keep them employed.  His run was more of a vanity run.  When he saw Biden was floundering, he thought he could be the guy.  That ended quickly. So, why spend the money.

He'll probably do something in the fall, but he probably won't need that many people.  Just run adds against Trump.  This fall election could end up being a virtual one, with very little actual traditional campaigning.

2 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

I don't feel empathy for those Bloomberg suckers.   He played them like a fiddle and used them.  There's was no way he was really going to keep them employed.  His run was more of a vanity run.  When he saw Biden was floundering, he thought he could be the guy.  That ended quickly. So, why spend the money.

He'll probably do something in the fall, but he probably won't need that many people.  Just run adds against Trump.  This fall election could end up being a virtual one, with very little actual traditional campaigning.

Bloomberg still scares me quite a bit. When I said I wanted money out of politics, I mean all money. Granted, any weapon that can be used to take out Trump should be used, but will Bloomy want something in return? Does this give him leverage over Biden or anyone else?

22 hours ago, Hersh said:

Good Lord have mercy, what a terrible take. First, Biden is a candidate. He can only give speeches and make policy proposals. He has no ability to effect policy as a candidate. No candidate who isn't in office ever does. Second, Trump, as POTUS, has the bully pulpit which is an enormous advantage. Any good POTUS would have a approval rating on 75% by now at least. Lastly, Pelosi did act first and the Dems will continue to act. 

LOL. What he should do, as the presumptive nominee of a major party and someone who wants to become leader of the free world, is lead. His opponent is increasing his favorably rating by lying his way through press conference after press conference, and no one I talk to is aware Biden has done literally anything to counter him all week. He's going to start doing "shadow press conferences" next week? Great, at least a week too late, but glad he's going to try something. You think it's OK that Trump is helping himself and the Dem candidate can't figure out how to get himself on the news? We'll agree to disagree then.

Imagine if he had been doing press events and was like 25% as effective as Rachel Maddow. 

I hope that Biden has been busy assembling some facts, something in very short supply except for Fauci. Trump's daily press conferences are rushes to try to inform We the People, but all he and his minions do is provide lies and misinformation. 

Biden has sounded like a president since the virus, and I look forward to hearing some reality.

2 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Trump is killing himself by going on TV every day. He has to know it goes poorly every time, he just can’t stop. 

I believe there's some truth this is his attempt to make up for not being able to do rallies.  

**** we need Biden so bad right now.  I want the Coronavirus to pass so we can get along with our lives and have a responsible adult who can put the economy back together they way it’s supposed to be.

There is no ****ing way Trump wins an election after all this.

1 minute ago, Hersh said:

A blue wave is coming. 

Love the enthusiasm. 

Right now, it would not surprise me if Trump suffered the single worst beating in Presidential election history. It would also not surprise me if he eked out another electoral college win. 

We live in strange times and a lot of weird **** can happen. I plan on being very involved in making a blue wave happen (assuming I can leave my house). 

Archived