Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

That statement is far more than we’ve gotten from Trump this whole time and is a pretty strong denouncement. While he shouldnt have said it at this point, I can see where it makes sense for Russia to both boost his campaign (he’s polarizing) and also try to amplify and spread an idea that his supporters are assholes and that it’s far more widespread. 

what russia ends up with is a polarizing candidates that his effectively pissed off a lot of Dem voters creating chaos as the candidate they want to lose to Trump. 

14 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

I mean Putin is routinely having people killed. Thug is pretty non controversial in this instance. Putin could be an African dictator and no one would bat an eyelash.

Oh yeah definitely

but if you use it against someone who’s not white it becomes a thing. And I often see criticism thts essentially: no one calls white people thugs

which was my point. Add it to the list. Cause the conversation will come up again. 

8 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

what russia ends up with is a polarizing candidates that his effectively pissed off a lot of Dem voters creating chaos as the candidate they want to lose to Trump. 

Worse. 

the end state is a general population that trusts nothing except what confirms their bias. Institutions lose trust, leaders, and even a baseline trust of “we’re both Americans” 

it’s obviously already started and there was an element of it before this whole Russian interference started. 

but this goes beyond political preferences. It breeds hatred and distrust of each other. 

we only value being right, and we don’t value the crucial legwork of being informed first. 

and not only are you wrong for not thinking what I think, but now you’re also my enemy

its scary watching people you know get sucked in that far. 

14 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

That statement is far more than we’ve gotten from Trump this whole time and is a pretty strong denouncement. While he shouldnt have said it at this point, I can see where it makes sense for Russia to both boost his campaign (he’s polarizing) and also try to amplify and spread an idea that his supporters are assholes and that it’s far more widespread. 

Don't forget to spread "the world is out to get Bernie, and if he doesn't win, you should not vote", comrade.  

Russia has some value in promoting both the left and the right to cause division and chaos, but there is another benefit to helping Bernie if in doing so they also lift up left wing folks around him who promote conspiracy theories and engage in a lot of anti NATO and anti-US intervention talk and Russian propaganda.  This is similar to supporting the anti-immigrant and nationalist groups on the right in that it causes international division and makes Russia's rivals and enemies weaker and keeps them from interfering in Putin's plans.  

Lots of very angry people about this:

39 minutes ago, Larry said:

Pete says a lot of really rational things.  

If only he had experience, and was electable.  

I mean he has a little experience running things and in politics, and advisers and cabinet help.

If he doesn't get the nomination or vp spot, I wonder if he would take a press secretary spot or get some experience in an embassy or the state department. 

47 minutes ago, Larry said:

I really want to like Pete and will support him if he's the nominee.  But the two whopper of a screwjob in rolling out minority initiatives in SC and his track record regarding South Bend police force really give me pause.

The most recent blowup is especially troubling.  Apparently the campaign went back to the restaurant owners to try to get them to match the campaign's story.  The initial mistake was bad enough without doubling down on it.  It worries me and makes me wonder if he's just a really smart guy who can say a lot of smart sounding things, but is not capable being a lead executive.

15 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Wow. Do yourself a favor and find the clip of Anderson Cooper’s interview with Rod Blagojevich. it just aired so I’m not sure its online yet, but Anderson tore him apart. 

Saw that live.  Amazing.  Don’t think I’ve ever seen Anderson Cooper get that fired up.

1 hour ago, Larry said:

When he focuses on small things he comes across as a self-righteous prick. He seems to miss the forest for the trees occasionally. 

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

I think he’s plenty electable.  You got me on the experience thing though.  Couldn’t be any worse than what we currently have.

re Buttigeig... I mean true. But this is a primary, so gotta go with the folks with better odds of defeating trump imo. 

Pete is incredibly intelligent and articulate. Extremely skilled politician. I think he’s got a good shot at the presidential nomination... in 2028. Need him to win a senate seat or governorship to pump up the resume. At least a congressional seat. 

Archived