Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

The fact that the democrats didn’t see this coming, and have been looking this eventually in the face for weeks and have not come together to make any changes as a party to help a candidate they want win says something. Someone should have told Biden and Amy to drop out by now. It’s obvious they are the reason the moderate vote is so segmented. Pete could have had this in the bag by now without them. 

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

The fact that the democrats didn’t see this coming, and have been looking this eventually in the face for weeks and have not come together to make any changes as a party to help a candidate they want win says something. Someone should have told Biden and Amy to drop out by now. It’s obvious they are the reason the moderate vote is so segmented. Pete could have had this in the bag by now without them. 

So, if Trump wins, it'll be because the Dems didn't conspire against Bernie enough?  

3 minutes ago, Larry said:

So, if Trump wins, it'll be because the Dems didn't conspire against Bernie enough?  

Because the party leadership going out of their way to screw over the party's base in order to nominate a comically young and inexperienced Mayor who has no real policy beliefs is the only path to victory.

What part of that are you having trouble understanding?

1 minute ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Because the party leadership going out of their way to screw over the party's base in order to nominate a comically young and inexperienced Mayor who has no real policy beliefs is the only path to victory.

The part where you imply that the Dem leadership conspired against Bernie, because they wanted to run a gay man instead?  

Or am I reading you wrong?  

33 minutes ago, Larry said:

the theme I’m getting here is that if Dems are going to win they need a moderate to do it. Or atleast not so liberal. And the amount of candidates that REALLY only want to save us from ourselves is a big reason Burnie is leading. So by that logic the people like Amy and Bloomberg atleast should do what’s best for the country and bow out. I’m not sure how else they do that if it doesn’t come from some kind of democratic leadership making the call. 

Yea technically conspiring against him, but if the vote being segmented is the problem there is only one way to fix that.

It's a repeat of 2016, only the Dem version.  Enough fragmentation among the moderates, so the candidate with the immovable 30% gets a wind of inevitability.  Then by the time the field narrows, there's the 30% + those who just want to be on the winning team.  

1 minute ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

49% of independents in a crowded field of moderates. Hmm

Independent doesn't always mean moderate.  It could be to the right or left of the Democratic party.  It just means people who don't consider themselves as part of the Democratic party.

28 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Buttigieg is not really the point I was trying to make. I’m just saying that Dem leadership could have seen the sanders problem coming and helped resolve it before it got this far by not having so many choices that the base is so fractured. 

12 minutes ago, bearrock said:
13 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Independent doesn't always mean moderate.  It could be to the right or left of the Democratic party.  It just means people who don't consider themselves as part of the Democratic party.

Point being we will need those voters In a general election and he mopped them up in a crowded field with lots of options. 

1 minute ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

I think Bernie has a broader appeal than people give him credit for. Of course, we will be yelling “he can’t win” at each other for the next six months until we all believe it.

I think he can win.  In fact, I might even put his strength at the top of the current candidates due to his strength with blue collar workers in the midwest (and due to others' weaknesses).  But I think it spells a disaster for down ballot and I'm terrified of the kind of president he'll be and where that puts the progressive movement for the next generation.

3 minutes ago, visionary said:
The interesting thing is that Bernie actually did well with moderates, especially Latinx moderates. 

Because, despite what a thousand. pundits spew daily, what consultants get rich off and a myriad of arm chair experts believe, voters aren't that specifically ideological. People like Sanders because he's obviously genuine in his beliefs, he has high name recognition, he's winning and people like to vote for winning candidates, and they think he's electable (largely because he's a white man, frankly), so they vote for him. There aren't many voters who make their choices based on whether one or the other is 10% too liberal or not liberal enough. It's just not how most people vote. 

Archived