Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

16 minutes ago, Larry said:

Is the dislike of Biden his age?  

His moderation?  

Could the right Veep change your opinion of Biden?  If so, who's the right Veep for Biden?  

Part of me thinks Mayor Pete is certainly younger and more modern than Biden.  But does his youth actually help Biden with any groups that he's weak on?  Can he actually deliver any such groups?  

with me Biden's age isn't the issue, its that he clearly isn't as sharp as he used to be. Bernie & Warren aren't exactly young, but they have a command of their arguments in a far better sense than Biden does

I think Klobuchar would be good choice as his VP

On the subject of Veeps, . . . . 

It occurs to me that Trump has the option here of picking pretty much whoever he wants, this time around.  (Or he might think he can.)  

I'm wondering if Trump might veel the urge to dump Pence, and go with somebody else.  

Knowing Trump, it's a safe bet that his sole criteria would be loyalty to Trump.  Hell, he'd probably demand a promise that, if needed, he can pull a Nixon, resign, and get a Pardon.  

I wonder if he's asked Pence for such a promise.  

I wonder if Pence would have made such a promise.  I don't think he has any loyalty to Trump at all.  But I could see him making the promise, while thinking "You stupid fat ****.  Yeah, resign.  I'll throw you and your whole reality TV family under the bus faster than that guy in Speed."  

53 minutes ago, Larry said:

Is the dislike of Biden his age?  

His moderation?  

I don't really have a dislike for Biden.  It is more that he represents the same ol' status quo.  The usual generic Democratic candidate that "we must support because...."  It is another reminder that in America right-wing candidates can be pretty out there but still not lose their base, yet anytime a Dem candidate is anything other than a sliver the left of center they are deemed a radical.   FDR new deal principles are now "too left" for the mainstream of America.  Somewhere in the last 30? 50? year the narrative and political center has shifted so far to the right that simply restoring some of the economic principles to pre-Reagan standards is seen as radical.   

I will gleefully cast a vote for Biden to do my part to get rid of Trump.  I just don't know what I actually expect from a Biden Presidency to be honest.  If anything I hope he gets to work undoing most of Trump's executive signings that messed with a lot of the progress Obama made. 

2 hours ago, Larry said:

It occurs to me that Trump has the option here of picking pretty much whoever he wants, this time around.  (Or he might think he can.)  

I'm wondering if Trump might veel the urge to dump Pence, and go with somebody else.  

Knowing Trump, it's a safe bet that his sole criteria would be loyalty to Trump.  Hell, he'd probably demand a promise that, if needed, he can pull a Nixon, resign, and get a Pardon.  

I wonder if Pence would have made such a promise.  I don't think he has any loyalty to Trump at all.  But I could see him making the promise, while thinking "You stupid fat ****.  Yeah, resign.  I'll throw you and your whole reality TV family under the bus faster than that guy in Speed."  

Brings up the question: If somebody would agree to that, do they remember what happened to Ford after he pardoned Nixon?

11 minutes ago, GhostofSparta said:

Brings up the question: If somebody would agree to that, do they remember what happened to Ford after he pardoned Nixon?

1)  Gerald Ford for President was the first person I ever voted for. 

2)  Joke from High School:  What did Gerald Ford tell his campaign manager?

"If I'm gonna win this, I'm gonna need more votes than I got last time."  

3)  You don't think he could find somebody willing to do it?  No Trump-Kushner?  Trump-Rudy?  

2 hours ago, Larry said:

The only way Trump dumps Pence is if he feels, a new veep- meaning female; would help him.

8 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

The only way Trump dumps Pence is if he feels, a new veep- meaning female; would help him.

Right. Just because Pence is loyal to Trump doesn't mean that Trump is loyal to Pence.  Trump will make this decision based on what he gets out of it. I'm thinking he chooses Nikki Hailey.

Pence is done either way. Mother will never let him run for president.

16 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

People say things like this, but why would you not wait until after the election to pardon him?

Well they would have to. But like Ford, you'll get to be President for what's left of the main guy's term, but you won't get re-elected yourself. Not impossible to find somebody like that, I'm just wondering how many would be smart enough up front to know what's happening.

21 minutes ago, Larry said:

1)  Gerald Ford for President was the first person I ever voted for. 

2)  Joke from High School:  What did Gerald Ford tell his campaign manager?

"If I'm gonna win this, I'm gonna need more votes than I got last time."  

3)  You don't think he could find somebody willing to do it?  No Trump-Kushner?  Trump-Rudy?  

Not saying he couldn't do it. It would just have to be somebody who understands that by agreeing to pardon Trump, they're acknowledging that they're giving up a realistic shot at re-election. So you could do it with somebody older like Pence or Rudy who is fine with being a 1-term (or partial term, anyway) President.

1 minute ago, GhostofSparta said:

Well they would have to. But like Ford, you'll get to be President for what's left of the main guy's term, but you won't get re-elected yourself. Not impossible to find somebody like that, I'm just wondering how many would be smart enough up front to know what's happening.

Not saying he couldn't do it. It would just have to be somebody who understands that by agreeing to pardon Trump, they're acknowledging that they're giving up a realistic shot at re-election. So you could do it with somebody older like Pence or Rudy who is fine with being a 1-term (or partial term, anyway) President.

I'm saying you wait until after your last election to pardon him. There's no reason they'd need to do it before then. 

1 hour ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Right. Just because Pence is loyal to Trump doesn't mean that Trump is loyal to Pence.  Trump will make this decision based on what he gets out of it. I'm thinking he chooses Nikki Hailey.

Pence is done either way. Mother will never let him run for president.

I think Trump will stick with Pence and, regardless of whether Trump wins or not in 2020, Pence runs for the GOP nomination in 2024. But I don't think he's a lock by any means to get the 2024 nomination even if he is the sitting VP at the time. 

1 hour ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Saw that last night. The lines about lobbyists trying to stop universal care because people will like it "In Footloose they banned dancing, not broccoli" and the one about no one asking Biden how to pay for his plans because "remember Obama" doesn't cost anything were both pretty dead-on, as well as funny.

45 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Um, in that scenario, Pence would be in charge of the Justice Department for those 4 years. 

I guess that makes sense but if we are talking about Pence’s re-election being hurt over a Trump pardon, I don’t think delaying or avoiding his trial etc would go over well either. 

Not like it matters anyway. He's not going anywhere 

The only way Mike Pence becomes president is if Trump dies in office or resigns.

If Trump wins reelection,  Don. Jr will be running and the GOP base is stupid enough to give the nomination to Don Jr.  Especially, if in 2023/2024 the economy is doing well.  If not, then it's open season and I don't see Pence winning the nomination.

Trump wins in 2020, I think the Dem will be the heavy favorite in 2024.

Archived