Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

55 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

However I also find it perfectly legitimate to question whether an 80 year old man, who just suffered a heart attack belongs in this kind of position

I agree. My issue is I think a lot of people, on this forum off and elsewhere, are using this as a moment to party on Bernie. To the point that it’s personal.

I love Bernie’s positions and I like him personally but as a candidate he’s very one note and I don’t think he is the best champion of these policies.

He’s a cranky screaming old man. That’s his shtick. He’s not the one to articulate why these policies work for the American people. That person is Warren. 

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I love Bernie’s positions and I like him personally but as a candidate he’s very one note and I don’t think he is the best champion of these policies.

He’s a cranky screaming old man. That’s his shtick. He’s not the one to articulate why these policies work for the American people. That person is Warren. 

I really believe him being one note is a media narrative (the same as Elizabeth Warren being nerdy and lacking passion). He talks about going after Wall Street, major corporations, giving money back to small farmers, fair taxation, education, along with healthcare.

And honestly a lot of us should be angrier with how this country is at the moment (not including Trump). Americans are very docile despite so much stuff crumbling around us and a few people collecting off it. 

9 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

And honestly a lot of us should be angrier with how this country is at the moment (not including Trump). Americans are very docile despite so much stuff crumbling around us and a few people collecting off it. 

A lot of the anger that's out there is misdirected at black people and Latinos.  This country is ****ed because the labor class has been conquered and divided by race and the government and political culture has been fully organized to keep them apart and entrench the political power of the economic elites.

Also people get a little bit of property and think they can hole up on it and be alright as the country and the world burn down around them.

13 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

I really believe him being one note is a media narrative (the same as Elizabeth Warren being nerdy and lacking passion). He talks about going after Wall Street, major corporations, giving money back to small farmers, fair taxation, education, along with healthcare.

I don't think he's one note in terms of policy I meant he's one note in the only thing he does is angry screaming and pointing. It's just too much and you need to be able to articulate these things better especially against Trump. You can't come across as an angry screaming old man. 

4 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

A lot of the anger that's out there is misdirected at black people and Latinos.  This country is ****ed because the labor class has been conquered and divided by race and the government and political culture has been fully organized to keep them apart and entrench the political power of the economic elites.

Also people get a little bit of property and think they can hole up on it and be alright as the country and the world burn down around them.

Yes. This.  There was analysis on this topic done some after the 2016 election when people were trying to make sense of Trump's win.  The term "economic anxiety" was thrown around a lot, and while that was part of it, that analysis left out what the "anxiety" part was actually about. The GOP/right-wing media has successfully bamboozled a lot of the white working class voting base into thinking their job situations are due to black & brown folks (poor or otherwise).  

The biggest reason we haven't had a major (there have been minor victories here and there) change in economic policy that benefits the middle/lower class in the last 30 years is because the right-wing has successfully divided the middle class, pitting them against the lower class, while the upper class laughs all the way to the bank. 

8 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Plus the Republicans have done everything they can do to get rid of unions, the engine that made things better for every working person except for business owners.

I've been watching the Plutocracy series on FSTV. It's really interesting how much the Anarchist movement had to do with the forming of unions. 

(Where's our IWW guy been? I can't remember his screen name for the life of me...it started with a b).

3 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

The biggest reason we haven't had a major (there have been minor victories here and there) change in economic policy that benefits the middle/lower class in the last 30 years is because the right-wing has successfully divided the middle class, pitting them against the lower class, while the upper class laughs all the way to the bank. 

A CEO, a Tea Partier, and a union guy are n a conference room.  On the table is a plate with 12 cookies.  

The CEO takes 11 of the cookies, heads for the exit, and speaks to the Tea Partier:  

"Watch that union guy.  He wants half of your cookie."

17 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

. My issue is I think a lot of people, on this forum off and elsewhere, are using this as a moment to party on Bernie. To the point that it’s personal.

not that this particular post is really incendiary, but you keep making posts that include defining and denigrating comments on forum members (not as individuals in the cases i'm talking about this time) and you have been warned about this in threads and in pm by me more than once and yet you have a number of them made afterwards hanging out there...

here's another fresh example re: responding to lame trolls

A lot of posters here like punching down. It’s easier for them.

see?

other past examples are more provoking

and this is aside the rule 5 issues (1  ban and 2 warnings in threads) re: you going at a specific individual improperly

you've also had one warning and one ban for trolling, and these matters have involved more than one moderator

now there's all kinds of castigating that can be done here to groups and individuals (though it's trickier when it's your fellow members) that will be ok, even if edgy, but not everything flies...that's why some of the relevant rules are written in such detail and also instruct you to play it safe if you're unsure,

even so, we routinely give breaks/warnings on rule violations and at times pm to give even more guidance per the case, but in the end  it's up to the member to get it----and we've had pm exchanges that included support for you as a poster as well as instruction on what to avoid

you are here on this site, joining right after trump won, mainly to argue politics, which i think you do well enough minus these issues and not taking a side on your positions,  and then to do very little else per ES  besides a few non-redskins sports posts in the tailgate on infrequent occasion and the rare post in some misc topic---so moving forward, no more warnings or pms, and you'll need to edit all those type of comments out if you wish to be able to keep posting here

(no one should comment on this post in this thread)

the only problem i ever had with bernie is that his plans sound great until you realize he can't implement them himself.

then what? are we going to have a gridlocked government where the president only wants to do what he campaigned on and the congress will refuse to allow it? or is he going to do a bunch of stuff he's never campaigned on? What are we supposed to expect that to be?

I've always admired his, what appears to be, level of care for 'regular' people. I like it. Seems genuine, I certainly am in no position to claim it's not.

At this point he's just gotten old. Literally and figuratively. And I feel like Warren is the better candidate, pushing the same things in a better way, so he should just bow, accept the applause, and go enjoy the rest of his life with his grandkids before he has another serious health issue.

(Warren has the same issue though... and she's getting old too... literally and figuratively)

20 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

Was always under the impression that RCP was trash. Only thing worth checking is the polls.

Ditto. I almost hide the articles section of the screen with my hand while I find the poll data.

Their articles seem to have a facade of both sides-ism, but it seems like something like a 60-40 split. Worse, the "balance" often comes from centrist, or analysis pieces on one side and screeds from places like the Washington Times or the Federalist on the other. 

Again, their polling database is great, though. 

2 hours ago, tshile said:

the only problem i ever had with bernie is that his plans sound great until you realize he can't implement them himself.

then what? are we going to have a gridlocked government where the president only wants to do what he campaigned on and the congress will refuse to allow it? or is he going to do a bunch of stuff he's never campaigned on? What are we supposed to expect that to be?

I've always admired his, what appears to be, level of care for 'regular' people. I like it. Seems genuine, I certainly am in no position to claim it's not.

At this point he's just gotten old. Literally and figuratively. And I feel like Warren is the better candidate, pushing the same things in a better way, so he should just bow, accept the applause, and go enjoy the rest of his life with his grandkids before he has another serious health issue.

(Warren has the same issue though... and she's getting old too... literally and figuratively)

Warren’s getting up there, but at the end of her second term she’d be the same age Bernie will be on Election Day. 

Bernie would be 87! at the end of his second term. Let’s nominate someone who can serve two terms, please. 

Archived