Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

want to note--because it many cases it does matter, though not this one :)---that don  (i presume* under advisement) actually referred to denmark's pm's comment as nasty, not that she was nasty

*presumably some aides wanting to avoid the obvious backlash of calling another woman nasty since don wouldn't make such discernment or even have such concerns on his own....i imagine they had to sell him on the 'softening", probably by telling him his base would still get the use of the key word, but it would give him an out that covers his ass and makes for a "huh-uh, no i didn't call her that, libtards"  that he and his familiars can use

assuming we have a future history (heinlein ref intended), history will really have fun with this time period

3 hours ago, Jumbo said:

and the Gross Orange Pig, supreme leader of the party/cult of racism, gun fetiishism, religious nutters, homophobia, science-deniers, and alternative facts, has now added the pm of denmark to his "nasty" woman list (he called her nasty) :) because he has never grown past the lowbrow wit and stunted personality of his underachieving insecure frustrated boyhood, mentored by a father and others who represent the worst in people

look at your malevolent twisted little boy republicans, and look at all your brothers and sisters still wearing that r proudly....what a historical testimonial to your thinking overall and the dominating absence of current positive value

Sometimes I think about how profoundly humiliated I would be right now if I had been dumb enough to vote for the guy in the first place. I would feel embarrassed to even talk about politics knowing how spectacularly wrong I had been. To see the utter, preposterous level of stupidity I would be partially responsible for putting into power.

And then I go to work and am surrounded by people who are actually proud of themselves for doing so and can't wait for a chance to vote for it again in 2020. It's astounding.

At some point, a large segment of our country became proud of their own ignorance. 

11 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

And then I go to work and am surrounded by people who are actually proud of themselves for doing so and can't wait for a chance to vote for it again in 2020. It's astounding.

At some point, a large segment of our country became proud of their own ignorance. 

"Another costal elite acting like he doesn't like the smell of his own farts"

21 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

want to note--because it many cases it does matter, though not this one :)---that don  (i presume* under advisement) actually referred to denmark's pm's comment as nasty, not that she was nasty

*presumably some aides wanting to avoid the obvious backlash of calling another woman nasty since don wouldn't make such discernment or even have such concerns on his own....i imagine they had to sell him on the 'softening", probably by telling him his base would still get the use of the key word, but it would give him an out that covers his ass and makes for a "huh-uh, no i didn't call her that, libtards"  that he and his familiars can use

assuming we have a future history (heinlein ref intended), history will really have fun with this time period

Given where he has set that particular bar, her comments were objectively not nasty.  

4 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

We should have around 6. Anyone that doesn't qualify for the debate is DOA so they should bounce pretty quickly.

Bennett, Ryan, De Blasio, Williamson should be coming soon  

They should but remember, they could still qualify for October's debate.  Whoever qualifies for September automatically gets in October.  So, those who don't make it; still have a shot at October.  My guess Gabbard, Williamson, De Blasio at least and maybe Gillibrand will hang around until at least the October debate deadline.  If they can't get into the October debate, then they are done.

A 21st century labor contract from Beto

Workers in communities across the country have to work a second or third job to support themselves and their families — a result of a lack of good jobs that pay a living wage with benefits. Real wages have barely grown over the last forty years and almost a quarter of workers don’t earn enough to keep a family out of poverty. And while President Trump brags about how low the headline unemployment rate is, he fails to mention that the Black unemployment rate is nearly twice as high as the white unemployment rate and the share of prime-age Americans with a job is still below its peak in the 2000s.

The decline of labor unions is a major reason why American workers are struggling. Unions raise the bar for all workers — but today, only about 10 percent of workers are union members, which has led to a reduction in the wages of all American workers. One study found that wages for non-union men working in the private sector would have been 5 percent higher if the share of workers in a union hadn’t declined.

The decline of unions is both a symptom and cause of our rigged political system. Unions have always been among the best political advocates for working people — union and non-union alike — and provide a check against corporate interests capturing and corrupting our democracy.

As President, Beto will fight for a new contract between workers, employers, and the federal government. He will champion a 21st Century Labor Contract, so that all workers:

• Will be able to join a union if that’s what they want;
  • Will get paid a living wage regardless of industry;
  • Will need just one job to take care of their family and have time for a fulfilling life outside of work without sacrificing economic security;
  • Will be hired and paid based on what they do — not who they are;
  • Will have access to the training they need in a changing labor market; and
  • Will have access to a fair labor market.

All workers will be able to form a union with their coworkers if that’s what they want.

When unions are strong, our middle class is strong. That’s why, when union membership was at its highest levels, so too was income equality. And it’s why, today, with union membership lower than it’s been at any time since the 1920s, income inequality is at historically high levels.

https://link.medium.com/y7bPCR5fmZ

4 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Good, it will siphon votes from Trump. 

I know more people who voted libertarian to protest Hillary than I know that voted libertarian to protest Trump.  Pending any democrat nominee, I wouldn’t guarantee that a 3rd party would automatically hurt Trump.

Archived