Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

Beto would get crushed by Corynn, especially after his national campaign.

Texas has elected a lot of Dems(and I've voted for many)......before they forgot why they were elected.

11 minutes ago, twa said:

Beto would get crushed by Corynn, especially after his national campaign.

Beto was polling only 2 points behind Corynn back in Feb 2019.  If Biden is leading Trump in Texas now, what do you think that Beto-Corynn might actually look like today?

Texas has elected a lot of Dems(and I've voted for many)......before they forgot why they were elected.

Texas hasnt had a democratic senator since the early 90s, that's what I'm talking about.

19 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Beto was polling only 2 points behind Corynn back in Feb 2019.  If Biden is leading Trump in Texas now, what do you think that Beto-Corynn might actually look like today?

Nah, things are perfectly fine in Texas for the GOP, as evidenced by a historical ass kicking in the suburbs and a spate of retirements for current incumbents.

One can hope they keep status quo and don't make any changes. 😎

11 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Texas hasnt had a democratic senator since the early 90s, that's what I'm talking about.

Polling in February  :ols:

Cornyn would defeat him by 6 points, probably closer to 12.

I remember that Senator fondly.....he knew how to bring home the bacon.(not talking Krueger )

34 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Nah, things are perfectly fine in Texas for the GOP, as evidenced by a historical ass kicking in the suburbs and a spate of retirements for current incumbents.

One can hope they keep status quo and don't make any changes. 😎

Of course they're going to make changes.  

There's a redistricting coming up.  And they need to adjust the rules for voting, some.  

2 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

There is no need for Beto to run for senate. There is already a good candidate running and he has a good place in the presidential field. 

Hes is a unifying, inspirational gotv with progressive policies that don’t have the same sticker shock as the Warren sanders crowd. He’s the in between of progressives and moderates. For example, Medicare for America which is essentially Medicare for all while keeping the option of private insurance which polls say is the more favorable option. 

He brings a heck of a lot more to the table than Pete too since he polls better with minorities and youth. He increased youth turnout in Texas by 230%. They didn’t just suddenly decide to hate ted Cruz and get to the polls. They came out for Beto. He has the best chance to flip Texas too. 

Debates aren’t his format so he hasn’t stood out and he hasn’t picked fights with other candidates. He’s fine though and surely doesn’t need to quit and run for senate

42 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

There is no need for Beto to run for senate. There is already a good candidate running and he has a good place in the presidential field. 

Hes is a unifying, inspirational gotv with progressive policies that don’t have the same sticker shock as the Warren sanders crowd. He’s the in between of progressives and moderates. For example, Medicare for America which is essentially Medicare for all while keeping the option of private insurance which polls say is the more favorable option. 

He brings a heck of a lot more to the table than Pete too since he polls better with minorities and youth. He increased youth turnout in Texas by 230%. They didn’t just suddenly decide to hate ted Cruz and get to the polls. They came out for Beto. He has the best chance to flip Texas too. 

Debates aren’t his format so he hasn’t stood out and he hasn’t picked fights with other candidates. He’s fine though and surely doesn’t need to quit and run for senate

I'm not saying he should drop out, I think he'll fall out naturally and not qualify for one of the debates at some point.  Do you believe he's going to get the nomination for President?

If the debate field is cut in half, as we think it will; that will be the last chance for those outside the Top 5 of Joe, Bernie, Lizzie, Kamala and Pete. 

Besides those 5; Amy K. Beto & Cory have qualified.  I think Andrew Yang is close to qualifying.  I don't know how many more will make it. The deadline for the Sept. debates is Aug. 28th.    Those candidates who don't qualify, their campaigns are effectively over.   The money will dry up.  They will be forced to drop out.

Those outside the Top 5, who qualify for the debates; this is it.  If they can't make a move; they won't make it to the actual voting in 2020.

11 hours ago, Hersh said:

Biden/Harris. Might as well end it all now. Gotta get Harris to be better on the issues going forward and stop trying to be everything to all people. 

I think Harris torpedoed her shot at a Biden VP slot when she tried to cast him as a racist. 

12 hours ago, Hersh said:

Biden/Harris. Might as well end it all now. Gotta get Harris to be better on the issues going forward and stop trying to be everything to all people. 

I doubt the progressive wing would be happy.

but who cares....right?

12 hours ago, Hersh said:

Too much bad blood.

I wouldn't give it to Biden just yet.  Frankly, I wouldn't give it to him at all but you can't deny the support he currently has with the over 40 voter; especially African Americans.

I fully expect Biden to showcase more instances of where he's just not mentally capable to compete.   We really haven't had a Warren/Sanders vs Biden dust up yet.  That's going to happen and I suspect Biden isn't going to come out pretty.   I hope the next debate is where Biden gets pounded from Sanders/Warren on one side and Booker/Harris on the other.  He won't be able to handle it and that will show his supporters that there's no way, Biden can handle Trump.

On 8/3/2019 at 10:42 AM, StillUnknown said:

I question why, given the makeup of the democratic party, the first primary/caucus is still held in Iowa.

45 would probably like a chance to mock another disabled person on stage

Jimmy Carter??

I think that's where he burst onto the scene and Iowa became important ever since.  I don't know about New Hampshire, when they became important.

I don't think you can ever get rid of those 2 going first.  The last time they tried that, you ended up having the caucus/primaries right after New Years.

I do think you can limit their influence by having bigger states early on.

Right now for the Dem primary/caucus that first month:

M:2/3- Iowa Caucus

Tu:2/11- New Hampshire Primary

Sa:2/22- Nevada Caucus

Sa:2/29- South Carolina Primary

Tu: 3/3- Super Tuesday

Knowing those 2 first states, will keep their spots; to dilute their influence; here's how I would adjust the schedule:

M:2/3- Iowa Caucus

Tu:2/11- New Hampshire Primary

Tu: 2/18-  A real Midwestern Rust Belt State:  I'll pick - Michigan

Sa: 2/22- Nevada Caucus

Sa: 2/29- South Carolina Primary

W: 3/4- New York Primary

Tu: 3/10- Super Tuesdays

Those snowflakes in Iowa and New Hampshire keep their spots but I change the early schedule before Super Tuesday.  I add Michigan- covering the rust belt and I add New York- covering the NorthEast to the mix.   South Carolina covers already covers the south and Nevada, the west/southwest.  That gives you a diverse early voting base. 

36 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Hes probably the only one that wont pick her as even AG, that's how ugly that looked.

I'm not so sure she takes the AG job. I think the last senator to make that move before Sessions was during the Nixon admin. She's still youngish and in a safe seat. Would she really give it up? 

1 minute ago, DoneMessedUp said:

I'm not so sure she takes the AG job. I think the last senator to make that move before Sessions was during the Nixon admin. She's still youngish and in a safe seat. Would she really give it up? 

Good point.

Depends on what she wants.  Any elected official will tell you the difference between a legislature and executive, why former governors like being called governor until called president, they joke about this a lot. 

She's trying to get laws passed in a section if government notorious for getting nothing done right now, she can absolutely hit the ground running as AG and pick up where Holder left off having DOJ sue entire police departments like Ferguson and Baltimore.

Archived