Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

2 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Well he was a USA Today All high School football team member. Went to Stanford and played football. Stayed there for his Master's Degree. Then was a Rhodes Scholar at Oxford and then went to Yale Law. After a year out of law school, he ran for and won a position on the Municipal Council of Newark, then 4 years later ran for but lost the election for Mayor of Newark. He ran again 4 years after that and won. He won reelection in 2010. He won a special election for the US Senate seat in 2013 and won reelection in 2014.

I'd say he's a little bit more than an average politician.

I’m not saying he doesn’t have an impressive resume, I just don’t feel like he’s particularly charismatic. He comes across as a little too filtered and politician-y. 

20 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

I’m not saying he doesn’t have an impressive resume, I just don’t feel like he’s particularly charismatic. He comes across as a little too filtered and politician-y. 

Yea, give me an unfiltered and unprepared blowhard rather than someone who thinks about what they are going to say.  That's working out great.  :)

6 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Yea, give me an unfiltered and unprepared blowhard rather than someone who thinks about what they are going to say.  That's working out great.  :)

Authenticity is key actually. Obama had it, Beto has it. Biden to a lesser degree. Haven’t heard a whiff of it from Booker. Hillary was the most filtered politician in history and that’s why voters didn’t trust her (and made all the right wing nonsense about her that much more effective). 

Booker’s public persona is closer to Hillary than Obama on the BS to Authentic spectrum, and that’s a problem. 

24 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

Authenticity is key actually. Obama had it, Beto has it. Biden to a lesser degree. Haven’t heard a whiff of it from Booker. Hillary was the most filtered politician in history and that’s why voters didn’t trust her (and made all the right wing nonsense about her that much more effective). 

Booker’s public persona is closer to Hillary than Obama on the BS to Authentic spectrum, and that’s a problem. 

Booker literally lived in public housing, by choice, IN NEWARK, for like 15 years.  

And it's not like he's in-authentically "acting" like a smart person.  He's a freaking Rhodes scholar with a law degree from Yale (the #1 law school in the US).  

He also once ran into a burning building and saved a lady.  https://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/13/nyregion/newark-mayor-cory-booker-saves-woman-from-house-fire.html

Edit:  I'm not saying I love Cory Booker, but inauthentic seems to be a weird criticism.  

2 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Booker literally lived in public housing, by choice, IN NEWARK, for like 15 years.  

And it's not like he's in-authentically "acting" like a smart person.  He's a freaking Rhodes scholar with a law degree from Yale (the #1 law school in the US).  

Again I'm not saying he’s not a great highly qualified individual, I’ve just never felt like he was particularly charismatic. Maybe that’s just me though. 

Just now, skinsfan_1215 said:

Again I'm not saying he’s not a great highly qualified individual, I’ve just never felt like he was particularly charismatic. Maybe that’s just me though. 

I edited my post.  Not charismatic, I don't necessarily disagree with you.  Inauthentic, I definitely disagree with you. 

Cory Booker would be an ok choice. He seems like a typical centrist Democrat with typical corporate and wall street backing tho. Probably wouldn't be in my top 5 candidates but as of now seems like a sensible democratic candidate. 

Warren was one of those candidates in my top 5. She quickly going the way of Dukakis after his tank ride. Muskie after appearing to cry over Nixons forged letter. The Dr Dean Scream. And so on....

I think with Hillary she was also ended up the nominee 8 years (if not more) too late, the party of Clinton era politics was over, she was one of the few remaining relics.  I think in the 90's and maybe even early 00's she might have been considered a progressive and authentic in her brand at the time, but by 2016 she felt that she had to appeal to a younger and more progressive demographic.   

Contrast that with Obama where if he had lost to Hillary in 2008 primary, and she went on to be President as a Centrist, I think Obama had a much better chance to carry the torch for her into a "new era" for Democrats in 2016, as opposed to the opposite.  Going from Obama to Hillary felt like a step backwards as far as the direction of the party. 

Trump for all his faults, probably at least felt like "something new" 

This is also why I don't necessarily buy into all this Joe Biden love right now.  It sounds like a good pick on paper, but to me, he is the candidate most like Hillary policy-wise that the Dems could put up there.  Now if the Dems unite after the primary and decide they are going to vote for whoever just to get Trump out, all this could be moot. 

2 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

This is also why I don't necessarily buy into all this Joe Biden love right now. 

I will say if I am going to vote for a Dem, I want someone with major experience.  You're going to need a lot of world-stage experience to fix the **** we have gotten ourselves into.  THAT is why I am pulling for Biden at the moment.  Totally fine with him being a 1-term guy and handing it off to someone else.  But I worry a first term Senator from wherever will have to learn to walk before they can run.  And we won't have time for that.

44 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I will say if I am going to vote for a Dem, I want someone with major experience.  You're going to need a lot of world-stage experience to fix the **** we have gotten ourselves into.  THAT is why I am pulling for Biden at the moment.  Totally fine with him being a 1-term guy and handing it off to someone else.  But I worry a first term Senator from wherever will have to learn to walk before they can run.  And we won't have time for that.

I am all good voting Biden over Trump.  I more meant I don't necessarily buy all the love the polls are showing for him.

8 hours ago, hail2skins said:

If she does announce she's running this weekend, Amy K will be one to watch...........

she's one of my faves no matter what---hope to see her figure prominently

still a lot to learn/see with most of them

i'm into a ride the wave and see how it shakes out mode---you just don't know what's gonna happen, esp. in these times

35 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

she's one of my faves no matter what---hope to see her figure prominently

still a lot to learn/see with most of them

i'm into a ride the wave and see how it shakes out mode---you just don't know what's gonna happen, esp. in these times

She has skeletons though. Alleged  staff mistreatment.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/amy-klobuchar-abuse-staff-2020_us_5c5a1cb1e4b0871047588649

So, Warren is having an official campaign launch now. Sorry, Lizzy but your handling of the Native American thing is a major blunder.

You seem dishonest, even if that's  not the case. That perception has already doomed your campaign.

Enjoy your failed run. My guess you are done by Labor Day; long before actual voting begins. 

1 hour ago, Rdskns2000 said:

So, Warren is having an official campaign launch now. Sorry, Lizzy but your handling of the Native American thing is a major blunder.

You seem dishonest, even if that's  not the case. That perception has already doomed your campaign.

Enjoy your failed run. My guess you are done by Labor Day; long before actual voting begins. 

Agreed.  Mushroom Donny is probably licking his chops to run against her.  Warren is unlikable to a lot of people and would be Hillary 2.0 in that she'd drive conservatives to the booth in droves in 2020.

Liz screwed herself with this NA crap, she needs to go sit down. 

Archived