Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

1 hour ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

People vote third party because they want to protest the candidate they are expected to vote for and/or because they think that candidate will win anyway.

Trump isn't winning or losing based on third party candidates. It's not worth worrying about.

I voted third party where I could in 2004, 2008, 2012 and 2016. I don't believe either party serves the interests of the majority of Americans.  Voted Dem in 2018 and will in 2020 but will return to my third party ways in 2022. If firmly believe we need a third and maybe even 4th party or just have independents instead.

8 hours ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

People vote third party because they want to protest the candidate they are expected to vote for and/or because they think that candidate will win anyway.

Trump isn't winning or losing based on third party candidates. It's not worth worrying about.

2016 says hi. 

As August winds down, we are getting close to the Presidential race getting serious.  After Labor Day, more voters will actually start paying attention. Especially, in the early primary states.  We are only 5 months away from those early primary/caucus states.  The serious campaigns will be hiring more people and have their people fanning out to those early states.

Time for a new look at the race, with the remaining candidates:

The real contenders- These candidates are most likely to be on the primary/caucus ballots

Joe Biden, Elizabeth Warren , Bernie Sanders, Pete Buttigieg &  Kamala Harris

The also rans- These candidates could be on the ballot next year but they need do do better this fall:

Cory Booker, Amy Klobuchar, Beto O’Rourke & Julian Castro   -  If they don't show movement after the Sept. & Oct. debates; their candidacies are probably over before Thanksgiving.

On Life Support:

Kirsten Gillibrand - it's possible she could drop out soon.  She isn't going to qualify for the September debate but she probably try to make the October debate.  If she doesn't qualify for the October debate, I expect her to drop out then.

The delusional

John Delaney - he has little support & is out of step with today's Democratic party. He's independent wealthy, so he can stay in as long as he wants to waste his money.  He really just needs to drop out.

Andrew Yang - Interesting idea.  He's not going anywhere.  He's in the Sept. & Oct. debates. He's got money. So, he'll probably run as long as he wants to. 

Tulsi Gabbard - stop winning about debate criteria. You're a loon & a Syrian/Russian puppet.  If she doesn't qualify for the October debate, she's probably done then.

Marianne Williamnson - She provides some interesting quotes but she isn't qualifying for the September debate. If she doesn't qualify for the October debate, she's probably done. 

Tim Ryan - he needs to follow the lead of the others who dropped out & just drop out. He won't be making anymore debates.

Joe Sestak - He's barely running. He just needs to drop out.

Bill de Blasio - They are real progressives in this race. Why is he still running.  My guess, he's done in October; when he fails to make that debate.

Steve Bullock- he should be running for Senate instead.  My guess, he's gone in October; when he doesn't qualify for that debate.

Tom Steyer- He may qualify for September's debate. He only needs one more poll.  This is an ego trip. He'll probably run until he gets tired of burning his money.

I still think Elizabeth Warren will be the nominee. I think Joe Biden will implode.  There's still way to many Dems running but I don't think the field will drastically shrink until after the October debate deadline.

The GOP 

Bill Weld - he's not going to beat Trump. I read an article where their were rumblings that Mark Sanford, Jeff Flake and John Kasich are thinking about it; depending on what happens between now and the end of the year.  They are all delusional.  Noone will beat Trump.  Could they do what Buchanan did in 92 against Papa Bush & do well enough in New Hampshire where they weaken Trump? Will those who don't like Trump be willing to register a protest vote, in large enough numbers?  Stay tuned.   I don't see this happening because any candidate that runs and weakens Trump; will be forever blamed if Trump loses in 2020. Their GOP career would be over.

On 8/22/2019 at 9:42 PM, Rufus T Firefly said:

He would if it was Kasich.

But I agree with you. Based on what is actually going to happen in the real world, it’s not worth worrying about. Ain’t gonna happen.

Archived