Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

15 hours ago, justice98 said:

Is it just me, or do people really not care as much about Dreamers as the media would have you believe?

I mean, I sympathize, but it's not in the top 25 issues I would vote on.

I agree with this, the left often flip this as me being racist or a bigot however I'm a child of legal immigrants that had to wait their time to come here so i dont sympathize, the reality is politics has become a money printing machine rather than a lets get a grip on things and build for our future all this being said its going to be hard for me to pull the trigger and vote for either side in the upcoming election i align certain ways conservatively and certain ways liberally but with this system there never will be a candidate that i can feel good about voting for again

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Oh jezz, are they going to split it because there's still too many people to put on stage at one time?

10 each day. 

The first debate will be a clown show of catchphrases and bad puns. Hopefully at least 75% of them drop out afterwards. 

1 minute ago, No Excuses said:

10 each day. 

The first debate will be a clown show of catchphrases and bad puns. Hopefully at least 75% of them drop out afterwards. 

Agreed, there's far too many of them hovering around 1% and 2% so sooner many of them accept reality the better.  Absolute GD shame how many of them could've run for other seats, so many of them ran for president there's no way to get the senate back next year. Stupid DNC.

31 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

10 each day. 

This.  Each one will get roughly 9 minutes to talk.  If you are at 1% or less in the polls, you need to make those 9 minutes stand out, which means it will be a race to say the craziest ****. 

42 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Oh jezz, are they going to split it because there's still too many people to put on stage at one time?

They announced weeks ago it would be two nights. 

I believe they said they’re trying to balance the stage both nights. So all the top polling people aren’t on one night. That way it doesn’t appear as a “main” and “secondary” debate

it sucks. I don’t know how you fix it though. You’d have to arbitrarily pick a polling position and cut everyone else out and I don’t think anyone thinks that’s a good idea. 

Just now, tshile said:

I believe they said they’re trying to balance the stage both nights. So all the top polling people aren’t on one night. That way it doesn’t appear as a “main” and “secondary” debate

it sucks. I don’t know how you fix it though. You’d have to arbitrarily pick a polling position and cut everyone else out and I don’t think anyone thinks that’s a good idea. 

I think cutting people out is fine.  If you've been campaigning for six months and don't have 2% support in the polls, then kindly GTFO. 

38 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Agreed, there's far too many of them hovering around 1% and 2% so sooner many of them accept reality the better.  Absolute GD shame how many of them could've run for other seats, so many of them ran for president there's no way to get the senate back next year. Stupid DNC.

And if those seats are won by republicans, and trump wins, it’s doubly bad. 

1 minute ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I think cutting people out is fine.  If you've been campaigning for six months and don't have 2% support in the polls, then kindly GTFO. 

Now? At this point? I don’t know. It feels like a good portion of polling right now is just name recognition. Biden was leading before he even declared. 

If I were in charge I’d be concerned cutting people now would mean cutting qualified, good candidates for someone with name recognition. I’m not a fan of that. 

Of course, this alternative isn’t exactly good either. 

13 minutes ago, tshile said:

Has anyone come from being that far down, like 1% to 2%, to get the nomination?  Think DNC should have a cut off in number of applicants based on order applying and reviewed if they really stand a chance of winning a general election not jus the nomination.  It shouldn't be a popularity contest, the field should be limited to serious contenders, imo, and reason i say that is not everyone can be president but there are other offices we need blue candidates in.  We should never have 23 people running for president and scrounging for people to run at lower levels.

After the culling of candidates,  I wonder is someone else jumps into the Dem race this fall?

We've seen in the past candidates jumping in the fall. 

12 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Has anyone come from being that far down, like 1% to 2%, to get the nomination?  Think DNC should have a cut off in number of applicants based on order applying and reviewed if they really stand a chance of winning a general election not jus the nomination.  It shouldn't be a popularity contest, the field should be limited to serious contenders, imo, and reason i say that is not everyone can be president but there are other offices we need blue candidates in.  We should never have 23 people running for president and scrounging for people to run at lower levels.

Where was McCain in 2007? Besides having no money, wasn't he low in the polls also?

18 minutes ago, tshile said:

Now? At this point? I don’t know. It feels like a good portion of polling right now is just name recognition. Biden was leading before he even declared. 

If I were in charge I’d be concerned cutting people now would mean cutting qualified, good candidates for someone with name recognition. I’m not a fan of that. 

Of course, this alternative isn’t exactly good either. 

Most of them have been campaigning for six months.  Pete Buttigieg had zero % name recognition at the jump and is now at like 10% in the polls.  That's because he's made a case for himself.  Just because someone held a press conference and said they are running for President doesn't mandate that anyone has to listen to them.  If a tree falls in the forest, does anyone give a **** what Eric Swalwell has to say about any topic?  

6 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

We've seen in the past candidates jumping in the fall. 

Where was McCain in 2007? Besides having no money, wasn't he low in the polls also?

I dont know about single digits, but I imagine not because of the name recognition even in 2007.

9 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

McCain finished third and first in Iowa and New Hampshire, respectively.  So I think he was pretty strong throughout the primary. 

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Most of them have been campaigning for six months.  Pete Buttigieg had zero % name recognition at the jump and is now at like 10% in the polls.  That's because he's made a case for himself.  Just because someone held a press conference and said they are running for President doesn't mandate that anyone has to listen to them.  If a tree falls in the forest, does anyone give a **** what Eric Swalwell has to say about any topic?  

Or is it largely because he is the new media darling?

Beto is probably crying himself to sleep at night. 

Archived