Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

20 minutes ago, twa said:

There also weren't any debates in the summer of 1975.

Nobody is saying they can't run, and if they are willing, I'll bet they can find other ways to get their message out (tv news interview shows, podcasts, etc.).

8 minutes ago, Llevron said:

What wasnt so simple about it? (not being a jerk this time, I just feel like you know something I dont) 

The Dem's who killed public option were almost all center-right conservative Democrats. Joe Manchin is probably the only one left that belongs to this group.

It's unlikely that someone like Tim Kaine or Kyrsten Sinema will tank public option the way Lieberman and Max Baucus did.

1 hour ago, Fergasun said:

I say this after listening to zero of the debates.

It should be Warren and Mayor Pete on the ticket. Warren has political outsider credibility and has been talking about her issues for years. I wonder if she had any idea where her star was going when she got appointed TARP COP after the bailout.

I wonder if it was at that job she realized that most politicians are idiots and pay no attention to their jobs nor the average American. She needs to play that up bigtime.

I like Liz!!

She been doing political hearings for years, tbf.

Saying that, before the creation of the CFPB she was talking to the public about that and it did seem she had a disdain of politicians. That was when I first noticed her.

I dont think she ever thought she would be in politics.

Thought Warren and Sanders both said their plans get rid of private ins.

Trump was the ultimate winner last night. He will beat the old and feeble Biden. The progressive positions of Warren/Sanders/Harriss will scare away enough voters; that Trump gets his electoral college win again.

I don't buy Sanders notion that millions of the young voters will rise up and give them their win.

12 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Thought Warren and Sanders both said their plans get rid of private ins.

Sanders is banning private insurance and Warren seems to have signed onto his idea in totality.

(including dental because dental is going to be covered in Sanders' plan)

The next time a candidate says "people will lose their private health insurance" why doesn't someone just respond by saying people prefer healthcare over health insurance.  With readily available healthcare there will be zero need for health "insurance"  in fact health insurance is the problem in the first place. 

4 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

The next time a candidate says "people will lose their private health insurance" why doesn't someone just respond by saying people prefer healthcare over health insurance.  With readily available healthcare there will be zero need for health "insurance"  in fact health insurance is the problem in the first place. 

Switzerland has one of the best health care systems in the world, and they only have private health insurance.

It is hard to reconcile that with the idea that health insurance is the problem.

And I don't know of any country that has completely eliminated private insurance outside of the likes of Cuba.

Maybe there is a reason for that?  Maybe there is some benefit to having private insurance?

Accidentally logged onto twitter today looking for some baseball stuff, found out that was a terrible idea.  

Straight up, is everyone gonna be like "OMG RUSSIA!!!" whenever they see something trending they don't like about a Democrat candidate?  The minute something bad gets said about any democrat are we going to get cries of "IT'S ALL RUSSIA!!!"?

3 hours ago, Springfield said:

Biden turned the **** UP!  My mans is out here putting in work with “the fact is” and “here’s the deal” type ****.  Straight FACTS.  Can’t argue with that.

😙

Take it easy on em, kid. 

Jeez, what a little ****storm that set off, too.  People out there are OFFENDED!!!!!1111

4 minutes ago, PeterMP said:

Sanders is banning private insurance and Warren seems to have signed onto his idea in totality.

(including dental because dental is going to be covered in Sanders' plan)

Do people actually like their private insurance?  Mine is pretty expensive and I'm not sure if I'll be able to keep using it forever.  

I like being able to go to what doctors I want, but if that isn't a problem with medicare anymore....

Also dental coverage would be pretty nice.

(that said this might not be the thread to discuss this in depth)

2 minutes ago, PeterMP said:

Switzerland has one of the best health care systems in the world, and they only have private health insurance.

It is hard to reconcile that with the idea that health insurance is the problem.

And I don't know of any country that has completely eliminated private insurance outside of the likes of Cuba.

Maybe there is a reason for that?  Maybe there is some benefit to having private insurance?

I am not even advocating for the elimination of private insurance. I think the private health insurance industry can be viable.  There are many things they can offer to people.  I was a little vague and quick with my answer.  I was mainly referring to primary care.  

4 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Accidentally logged onto twitter today looking for some baseball stuff, found out that was a terrible idea.  

Straight up, is everyone gonna be like "OMG RUSSIA!!!" whenever they see something trending they don't like about a Democrat candidate?  The minute something bad gets said about any democrat are we going to get cries of "IT'S ALL RUSSIA!!!"?

Are you talking about how Russian bots, Russia Today, and Fox have been promoting Tulsi?

5 minutes ago, visionary said:

Do people actually like their private insurance?  Mine is pretty expensive and I'm not sure if I'll be able to keep using it forever.  

I like being able to go to what doctors I want, but if that isn't a problem with medicare anymore....

Right. This entire idea of "people love their insurance" is such a misnomer because right off the bat, most people who say they love it, it is because they haven't really had to use it beyond maybe an annual Dr visit where they pay a co-pay.  Once they actually get a major injury or sickness that requires actual medical care or perhaps a procedure? That is when their opinion on health insurance flips. 

I think when it comes to health insurance one of the main reason people claim to love it is because it is the only system they have ever known, so having it makes them feel safe and protected even if the insurance itself is exposed as garbage once they actually have to use it. 

I also think Bernie needs to be careful with his language.  I am not sure if he wants to make health insurance illegal, or if he means strictly for primary care.  

7 minutes ago, visionary said:

Obama didn't promise that people could keep their insurance for no reason.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/245195/americans-rate-healthcare-quite-positively.aspx

"As the incoming Congress prepares to debate further changes to the U.S. healthcare system, solid majorities of Americans rate the coverage (69%) and quality (80%) of the healthcare they personally receive as "excellent" or "good.""

3 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Right. This entire idea of "people love their insurance" is such a misnomer because right off the bat, most people who say they love it, it is because they haven't really had to use it beyond maybe an annual Dr visit where they pay a co-pay.  Once they actually get a major injury or sickness that requires actual medical care or perhaps a procedure? That is when their opinion on health insurance flips. 

I think when it comes to health insurance one of the main reason people claim to love it is because it is the only system they have ever known, so having it makes them feel safe and protected even if the insurance itself is exposed as garbage once they actually have to use it. 

It's tough when you have constant health issues and various doctor visits for years, like my brother and I have had the last 3-5 now.  Also annoying that most of what I take is not prescription these days.

It does seem that the debates have really been pushing health care and immigration (until I fell asleep) and I’d love if we could cover other subjects a bit.  Seems like CNN and NBC (?) were really trying to make health care and immigration the story.  I don’t like that.

I don't really like this Tulsi-conspiracy stuff.  I don't dismiss the troll-russian bot stuff going on with trying to prop her up, but it is also unfair to her, when the fact is she called out Kamala Harris on some legitimate issues regarding her record as a prosecutor.   

If there is any proof and/or evidence of why this russian bot stuff is a lot more dangerous than what some people are willing to admit, this is it.   It is trying to throw chaos and bad information into the process. 

1 minute ago, NoCalMike said:

I don't really like this Tulsi-conspiracy stuff.  I don't dismiss the troll-russian bot stuff going on with trying to prop her up, but it is also unfair to her, when the fact is she called out Kamala Harris on some legitimate issues regarding her record as a prosecutor.   

If there is any proof and/or evidence of why this russian bot stuff is a lot more dangerous than what some people are willing to admit, this is it.   It is trying to throw chaos and bad information into the process. 

Taibbi is a bit of a whiner sometimes but this is a good read:  https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/taibbi-tulsi-gabbard-bernie-sanders-trump-2020-838156/

12 minutes ago, Springfield said:

It does seem that the debates have really been pushing health care and immigration (until I fell asleep) and I’d love if we could cover other subjects a bit.  Seems like CNN and NBC (?) were really trying to make health care and immigration the story.  I don’t like that.

Honestly I don't mind the issues being given a lot of time, I am just tired of the moderators asking the same questions over and over.  

2 minutes ago, visionary said:

Jesus Christ, you all are smarter than this.  This shouldn't even be up for discussion.   You can talk about Harris' record without propping up someone like Gabbard.

Nothing to do with propping Gabbard up.  All I am saying is that she is....ya know....a human being, with opinions, and not a product of russian bots and troll farms.  Just seems that coverage of her is going the typical way it does for anyone outspoken on not being a foreign policy interventionist.  Because she doesn't want to drop bombs on Russia and invade Venezuela to "preserve freedom" she has to be some kind of foreign agent.  

5 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Nothing to do with propping Gabbard up.  All I am saying is that she is....ya know....a human being, with opinions, and not a product of russian bots and troll farms.  Just seems that coverage of her is going the typical way it does for anyone outspoken on not being a foreign policy interventionist.  Because she doesn't want to drop bombs on Russia and invade Venezuela to "preserve freedom" she has to be some kind of foreign agent.  

This is pretty silly and insulting to people who are actually anti war or anti-intervention and not pro-Russian mass murder.  There's a difference.

Archived