Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

3 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I would totally support him, probably would get more active than ever for him or that Evan McMullen (or whatever his name is) guy.  Without having done a ton of research, they both seem to me to be conservatives that aren't crazy and don't mind calling out the current GOP.  That and I will once again be taking a good look at the Libertarian candidates.  Some of them I have liked, though I wasn't thrilled with their recent POTUS ticket.  The guy they had as VP candidate seemed better suited to head the ticket.

The GOP is Trump's party.  Only Trump sycophants are welcome.  The GOP voters will not go against Trump.

I'm not even sure an indictment by Mueller would stop support for Trump.  Trump will say it's a political witch hunt; designed to overturn your choice and his voters will believe it.

The Trump cult is impenetrable. Those cult members are with him until the bitter end.

To beat him, you have to mobilize all the non-Cult and the GOP always voters; around one person.   That will be tough task.  If 2020 ends up being a race with several viable candidates; Trump probably wins reelection easily.

Trump  40%

Kasich 15%

Dem Candiddate  41%

Others 4%

Trump will not win the popular vote in 2020 and will probably lose that by a bigger margin; but he could win the electoral college again.  

9 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

The Trump cult is impenetrable. Those cult members are with him until the bitter end.

Even if he says again he wants more gun control?  I could see that breaking his base apart.

9 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Trump  40%

Kasich 15%

Dem Candiddate  41%

Others 4%

So you have 55% of the electorate going GOP/conservative/?

5 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Even if he says again he wants more gun control?  I could see that breaking his base apart.

I was just picking numbers.  You can switch it around.

Here's some possibilities:

1.  Trump vs Conservative vs Democrats vs minor parties like Libertarian/Green

2.  Trump vs Centrist vs Democrats vs minor parties like Libertarian/Green

3.  Trump running as an Independent vs GOP vs Democrats vs minor parties like Libertarian/Green

4.  Trump vs Establishment Dem vs Progressive vs minor parties like Libertarian/Green

I'm sure there are more combos.  WE won't know how the 2020 race will shape up, until after the primaries.  By then, we will know if it's the usual GOP vs Dem race or if there's a multi-candidate race.   So many things can happen, it's just way too early to predict that race now.

The only thing I can realistically predict; someone will have announced by the end of the year.  You're running in 2020; you better have made your decision by Election Day this year. 

On 3/2/2018 at 9:59 AM, TheGreatBuzz said:

Well the next time one of 2000s predictions come true will be the first time but statistically 55% probably are center right to conservative (Conservatives do make up the plurality in the country).

Jeff Flake blasts Trump, stokes presidential-campaign speculation with New Hampshire speech

Run Jeff Run.  Run John Run.  No, noone running in the 2020 GOP primary will beat Trump.  They may though, damage him enough that it hurts his reelection chances in the fall.   That's if past history repeats itself. Incumbents Presidents with a primary challenge; ultimately loose reelection.  Of course with Trump, the opposite may occur and a primary challenge ensures his reelection.

On 3/17/2018 at 12:25 AM, Rdskns2000 said:

Jeff Flake blasts Trump, stokes presidential-campaign speculation with New Hampshire speech

Run Jeff Run.  Run John Run.  No, noone running in the 2020 GOP primary will beat Trump.  They may though, damage him enough that it hurts his reelection chances in the fall.   That's if past history repeats itself. Incumbents Presidents with a primary challenge; ultimately loose reelection.  Of course with Trump, the opposite may occur and a primary challenge ensures his reelection.

I’m not entirely sure I agree.  Trump got approximately 35% of primary votes in most states, and Kasich, Rubio, the dip**** from Texas and a few others split the remaining 65% 4 or 5 ways, govignTrump the win.  In a winner take all situation, he got the nomination.

If there was ONE suitable, respectable Republican who primaried Trump, a sitting president is still favored to win, however I think it would be MUCH tighter than expected.  I think “establishment” republicans might come out of the woodwork to beat him in a primary.  

Its all unknown, though.  We’ve never seen anything like Trump. His voters are extremely loyal and vocal.  

4 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Its all unknown, though.  We’ve never seen anything like Trump. His voters are extremely loyal and vocal.  

We've seen it before.

In Germany, around 1932.  

I wish I was joking but I only partially am.

Archived