Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

On 9/27/2017 at 7:25 AM, Elessar78 said:

Good Stuff Rdskns2000. We didn't learn our lesson about Hillary in 2008. We didn't want her then. What was different 8 years later?

She gained a lot more experience governing as Sec of State. 

I don't think anyone can argue that she would be a great president. Decades of fake news and endless specious investigations by Republicans tainted her.

Since Biden didn't run, she was the best qualified candidate. Too bad Sanders sabotaged the primaries.

I vote platforms. 

I already know about the Republican candidates, right wingers all, plus they are either overt or covert Trumpsters. That's enough for me to know. They hold not one of the issue positions that I support.

So yes, I already did my research, even when it looked like I wouldn't be around for the election.

25 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Actually going to bother to research any candidates or just vote letter?  The latter makes you no better than the GOP sheep.

Just got my sample ballot in the mail. So yes to school bonds, and I like all the Democrats on the ballot. And in my district, only one candidate, a Democrat, and I have voted for him before.  Very timely.

I just have this sinking feeling that 2020 is going to play out like 2004 all over again. A weak incumbent who is ripe to be beaten, but the Dems at large have not been able to find a candidate to inspire voters so it comes down to another "eh....point to a list of names and pick one" situation and they end up narrowly losing the election.   I hope I am wrong, there is time to get things on track, but I just don't see much movement in that direction from the party yet.

1 minute ago, LadySkinsFan said:

I fear that the Bernie wing will be of greater influence than they should be. We need centrist candidates who those skewing right can feel comfortable voting for over the Trump/Bannon ultra right wing nuts.

Bernie! Bernie!

Thing is the base feels Bernie's positions are where the party should be and they aren't supporting candidates that don't support the Bernie/Warren positions.

2020 really depends on how the midterms go.  I think 2020 will see a viable third candidate in the mix.  That could tip the election yo Trump; if his opposition is divided or maybe that third candidate wins the whole thing, if the Dem candidate is too far to the left.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This thread started 8/25/17 and the Election 2018 was started 12/14/17.  Kind of sad this thread was started probably 1 year to soon. Such is the disaster of the Cheeto in Chief.   Both elections are intertwined.  2018 definitely impacts 2020 but for those who plan on running in 2020; they are affecting what happens in 2018. 

I'll post  2020 stuff here, like I have been.  I fully expect a couple of major candidates to announce by Christmas. 

I'm thinking that the election of 2020 is vastly different, depending on whether the Dems gain control of one house of Congress.  

If they do, then The Blame Game becomes vastly more effective.  (Thus allowing the partisans on both sides to simply stick with their comfortable team colors.)  

If they don't, then a campaign based on "this is what Republican control of government looks like" is a lot more effective.  

I'm hoping that the Democratic Party platform is more intensely and more fully explained in how it benefits We the People.  I don't think that was done in 2016 effectively.

And Democrats need to explain exactly how Republican policies affect We the People.  Democrats don't do that effectively either.

Democrats need to figure out how to get a positive message out.  And not get sucked in going toe to toe with Trump.

I'm still hoping The Rock throws is hat in the ring.  He and Tom Hanks announced on SNL a few months ago.  If nothing else, it would be fun to listen to his speeches and have him raise his eyebrow when he makes a good point.  Plus I can't imagine Trump attempting to intimidate or talk over him on stage.

2 hours ago, Forehead said:

I'm still hoping The Rock throws is hat in the ring.  He and Tom Hanks announced on SNL a few months ago.  If nothing else, it would be fun to listen to his speeches and have him raise his eyebrow when he makes a good point.  Plus I can't imagine Trump attempting to intimidate or talk over him on stage.

Not happening anytime soon.  He's got his movie career. He enters the political arena, it will hurt his movie sales. So, he will wait until he's no longer raking in the big bucks. He's still a box office draw.

Archived