Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

8 hours ago, Busch1724 said:

Devil's advocate...people really hate Ted Cruz. Granted, O'Rourke tapped into something, but people really hate Ted Cruz. 

O'rourkes campaign was stronger. He seemed like a guy with some fire; Cruz came off as the guy who just got whipped by trump. 

I mightve voted for o'rourke had I not known better. 

I wondered about how Oregon's vote by mail system works. The link below describes the system, how it came to be, and there's an embedded video too. Very efficient, no voter ID, three weeks to cast your ballot, and a number of ways to submit your ballot.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/elections/you-can-t-hack-paper-how-oregon-fights-election-meddling-n930481

I think the best choice is a moderate Democrat with presidential level experience. Someone whom can temper the more progressive side so they don’t **** the country like they did in 2016. (“Hillary and Trump are the same!” I’m writing in Bernie anyway! Jill Stein in protest!”) And someone that the suburbs and exburbs can get behind to counter Trumps rural base. 

Hopefully someone like that that emerges in of the heap of possibilities. It’s going to be a long two years. 

2 minutes ago, TheDoyler23 said:

I think the best choice is a moderate Democrat with presidential level experience. Someone whom can temper the more progressive side so they don’t **** the country like they did in 2016. (“Hillary and Trump are the same!” I’m writing in Bernie anyway! Jill Stein in protest!”) And someone that the suburbs and exburbs can get behind to counter Trumps rural base. 

Hopefully someone like that that emerges in of the heap of possibilities. It’s going to be a long two years. 

While there will be 20 to 30 candidates at one point, by the time the primaries start; that number will get smaller. Once voting starts,  even more smaller. I don't think a lot of candidates are going to able to raise money for a sustained run. Some are running just to get their name out there. Either for possible jobs in a Democratic administration or setting themselves up, for future runs.

21 minutes ago, China said:

What is considered "Presidential level experience"?

I probably misstated that as it’s had to have presidential experience without, duh, being president. But something akin to being in the Senate, or governor of a meaningful state. 

14 minutes ago, dfitzo53 said:

Reality TV experience would be a plus.

With big hands. Yuge hands. 

11 hours ago, China said:

What is considered "Presidential level experience"?

For me, running a business, city, or state would be a good start (preference for me towards state).  I think Nicki Haley, whenever GOP gets a chance for post-Trump, we'll be the first one the Dems see and could seriously lose to in a Presidential race.

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

For me, running a business, city, or state would be a good start.  I think Nicki Haley, whenever GOP gets a chance for post-Trump, we'll be the first one the Dems see and could seriously lose to in a Presidential race.

Never.  Anyone who worked for Trump are damaged goods.  They can't erase the stench of working for Trump.

Also, one of the real reasons she left is because of her own ethical abuses.

3 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Never.  Anyone who worked for Trump are damaged goods.  They can't erase the stench of working for Trump.

Also, one of the real reasons she left is because of her own ethical abuses.

Had to read about it, sounds like she got caught in the "I know there should be a line, but I don't see one", just not sure if it was Pruitt bad, definitely not Trump bad.  I had respect for her in South Carolina, was governor during the Charleston church shootings, and handled it like a pro.  Combine that with her now International credentials, she's well rounded enough to come out with a nomination.  She's female and a minority, GOP will make so many excuses for her it won't even be funny.

48 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Curious which states are meaningful and which states don't mean anything in your opinion. 

I'm guessing the meaningful state to mean a swing state. I don't agree with the premise that a candidate should come from a swing state but I see why people think that way. 

On 11/10/2018 at 9:38 AM, Warhead36 said:

I still believe there are reasonable Republicans out there that aren't locked into the Trump cult. Those voters need to be pushed into voting Democrat in 2020. The Texas race gives me hope since O'Rourke competed when Texas is usually complete Repub domination.

O'Rourke should be the Dem candidate for President in 2020.

Was just listening to a podcast - guy was pointing out that National Dems should be begging him to run in 2020, but for senate again vs Cornyn.  Raises the chances of Texas going dem in Presidential, allows them to spend less capital there, and gives them a chance at picking up/stealing a senate seat.  

I’ve heard Castro could run for Prez, but I think maybe he should look to either senate or governorship instead.  

@JumboI was low key bummed about Hurd losing.  Always came across as a good person to me.  Don’t know much about his ideology (I’m sure I disagree with a lot), but reasonable, and caring/considerate (basically, decent) people are kind a big deal to me right now.  And he fit that bill, IMO.  

1 hour ago, skinny21 said:

Was just listening to a podcast - guy was pointing out that National Dems should be begging him to run in 2020, but for senate again vs Cornyn.  Raises the chances of Texas going dem in Presidential, allows them to spend less capital there, and gives them a chance at picking up/stealing a senate seat.  

I’ve heard Castro could run for Prez, but I think maybe he should look to either senate or governorship instead.  

@JumboI was low key bummed about Hurd losing.  Always came across as a good person to me.  Don’t know much about his ideology (I’m sure I disagree with a lot), but reasonable, and caring/considerate (basically, decent) people are kind a big deal to me right now.  And he fit that bill, IMO.  

I thought Hurd won by 1,200 votes or something. Did that change?

4 hours ago, skinny21 said:

Problem wirh that is Texas is still a long shot to win a Dem Senate seat this early. They are still turning blue imo but they aren’t there yet. If it doesn’t work out, you’ve effectively neutered Beto’s political career making him a two loss Senator with a reputation of being all talk. His time is now, you gotta put him on the ticket 

8 hours ago, Hersh said:

I thought Hurd won by 1,200 votes or something. Did that change?

Dang it, that’s what I get for not paying attention for a bit.  Might go to recount, but yeah, Medina County’s input error now has him ahead.  

5 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Problem wirh that is Texas is still a long shot to win a Dem Senate seat this early. They are still turning blue imo but they aren’t there yet. If it doesn’t work out, you’ve effectively neutered Beto’s political career making him a two loss Senator with a reputation of being all talk. His time is now, you gotta put him on the ticket 

All fair points.  I doubt he gets too much flak for losing twice in Texas, but still.  

11 hours ago, Hersh said:

I'm guessing the meaningful state to mean a swing state. I don't agree with the premise that a candidate should come from a swing state but I see why people think that way. 

Yes, meaningful to the map. Brown or Klobuchar may be a big help in Ohio, Minnesota, Michigan etc. I'm not saying it's a must, but it certainly isn't nothing. 

25 minutes ago, TheDoyler23 said:

Yes, meaningful to the map. Brown or Klobuchar may be a big help in Ohio, Minnesota, Michigan etc. I'm not saying it's a must, but it certainly isn't nothing. 

I think the most imperative part of this Dem ticket is that a woman is on the ticket. Whether it's the top of the ticket or VP slot, it's a must have. Having said that, I'd say it's also important that it's not Elizabeth Warren. 

Archived