Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

2 minutes ago, Hersh said:

They only care about Trump. Everyone else in Congress is essentially a rino 

Trump begged them to act like he was on the ballot.  

“I’m not on the ticket, but I am on the ticket, because this is also a referendum about me,” Trump boomed this month at a rally in Southaven, Miss. “I want you to vote. Pretend I’m on the ballot.”

He said much the same in West Virginia, where he was promoting the state’s GOP Senate nominee: “A vote for Morrisey is a vote for me,” Trump said, in a line that Morrisey’s campaign repurposed in a new ad. 

And Trump’s namesake son, Donald Trump Jr., has been making a similar appeal, warning that while voters may not even know their local congressman, they intuitively understand that the Trump name is on the ballot. “The reality is for them, Trump is on the ticket in 2018,” Trump Jr. said during a recent campaign swing in Texas. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/i-am-on-the-ticket-trump-seeks-to-make-the-election-about-him-even-if-some-dont-want-it-to-be/2018/10/17/069406f6-d0bc-11e8-a275-81c671a50422_story.html?utm_term=.b1942a55ef7e

If only the Dems saw it was easy to switch strategy and court electoral votes vs popular votes. But at least we know that the GOP doesn't care about 5 million Republicans in California and 3 million more in New York. They only care about the 200k each in North and South Dakota, Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, and the 500k in Nebraska and Utah. 

I sure am glad that my votes was worth 1/257847th an electoral college vote while my Aunt's in Idaho was worth 1/172980th an electoral college vote. So her vote had what...50% more value (my math is fuzzy with fractions 😁)?

if only there was a way to give her vote and my vote the same weight.

1 hour ago, Force1958 said:

Hahaha, I just responded to 2 others explaining why, see above.

Its not a silent majority, if anything the silent majority is the dems who sat at home thinking there wasn’t any way for Trump to win...

Trump just had a better strategy than Clinton did. And he had help from Russia, and he may or may not have colluded with Russia in order to get elected... 

But he won, and if your goal is to win, and you execute you have a better strategy that your opponent, period. 

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I was being sarcastic and pretending to make up an excuse like a good Trump supporter would. 

4 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

It's sad that its so hard to tell the difference between a Trump supporter and someone making a joke.  

I just find the term silent majority to be a dumb term that has no real meaning. The way it was attempted to be defined using the EC in this thread was one of the dumbest things I've seen in a long time. The way people just make something up to fit their own narrative without regard to facts is still mind blowing to me. 

28 minutes ago, Hersh said:

I just find the term silent majority to be a dumb term that has no real meaning. The way it was attempted to be defined using the EC in this thread was one of the dumbest things I've seen in a long time. The way people just make something up to fit their own narrative without regard to facts is still mind blowing to me. 

212205_5_.jpg

But Gallup found some remarkable conservative strength all across the country. Their latest survey shows that liberals outnumber conservatives in only 6 states and that there are 25 states where conservatives are polling above their national average.

“The residents of most U.S. states are more likely to identify as conservative than as liberal in their political ideology. In 25 states, the conservative advantage is significantly greater than the national average, including 19 ‘highly conservative’ states in which conservatives outnumber liberals by at least 20 percentage points,” said Gallup.
----------------------------------------------------

"Americans' assessment of their political ideology was unchanged in 2018 compared with the year prior when 35% on average described themselves as conservative, 35% as moderate and 26% as liberal. Although conservatives continue to outnumber liberals, the gap in conservatives' favor has narrowed from 19 percentage points in Gallup's 1992 baseline measurement to nine points each of the past two years."

https://news.gallup.com/poll/245813/leans-conservative-liberals-keep-recent-gains.aspx?g_source=link_NEWSV9&g_medium=NEWSFEED&g_campaign=item_&g_content=U.S.%20Still%20Leans%20Conservative%2c%20but%20Liberals%20Keep%20Recent%20Gains

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

he's probably talking about this stuff. 

The gallup article is incredibly misleading. Those percentages are people who identify as liberal or conservative. People have been so screwed up by conservative propaganda. I swear they don't know which is which anymore.

The actual gallup numbers for lean dem or lean rep are 45% to 38% in favor of democrats. The term silent majority should now be replaced with moronic minority. They certainly aren't silent we all know that.

3 hours ago, Hersh said:

Agree, redefining words is just silly, 1984 stuff. 

I also think that everyone has a built-in bias to believing that more people think like they do than really actually think that way.  I include myself in having that bias, but I try to be aware of it.  

Can we agree that Gen X was/is more socially liberal than the Boomers and that millienials are more socilally liberal than Gen X? So if a party is stagnant and remains controlled by people with outdated and/or narrow minded belief systems... which party will those future generations naturally gravitate too?

The GOP is dead unless they soon chuck the moral majority crapola and get with the program. The future doesn't care about your Christian belief system. 

On 1/26/2019 at 5:30 PM, Llevron said:

Y’all think there is a way for the government to handle propaganda? Like all the lies? 

On 1/26/2019 at 7:21 PM, clietas said:

Yes. Passing legislation to reform media in this country might be the only way to solve our current "fake news" crisis.

Hiding in Plain Sight: PAC-Connected Activists Set Up ‘Local News’ Outlets

In collaboration with reporter Bethania Palma and operations staffers Vinny Green and Chris Reilly, lead reporter Alex Kasprak spent weeks untangling the reality behind a group of entities posing as newspapers in key battleground states going into the 2020 election. Even if you’re jaded by the torrent of daily headlines, including Russian meddling in U.S. election processes, you will want to spend some time with this story.

On 6 February 2017, a website of uncertain origin named “The Tennessee Star” was born. At the time, it was unclear who funded or operated this “local newspaper,” which was largely filled with freely licensed content from organizations tied to conservative mega-donors. After some prodding by Politico in early 2018, the Tennessee Star revealed its primary architects to be three Tea Party-connected conservative activists: Michael Patrick Leahy, Steve Gill, and Christina Botteri.

Now, a Snopes investigation reveals in detail how these activists used the appearance of local newspapers to promote messages paid for or supported by outside or undisclosed interests. Gill, for example, is the political editor of the Tennessee Star, but he also owns a media consulting company that at least one candidate and one Political Action Committee (PAC) paid before receiving positive coverage in the Tennessee Star. Several Star writers have in the past or currently work for PACs or political campaigns that they write about, without disclosing that fact. Though its owners claim that the Tennessee Star is funded by advertising revenue, it appears to be supported by wealthy benefactors. Whatever the Tennessee Star is, it is not a local newspaper producing transparent journalism.

But this story is about more than just the Tennessee Star. Leahy, Botteri, and Gill have been expanding their version of journalism to other battleground states in the run-up to the 2020 presidential election. They are, they say, co-founders of a new, Delaware-registered company, Star News Digital Media, Inc., whose explicit strategy is to target battleground states with conservative news. So far, Leahy, Gill, and Botteri have added The Ohio Star and The Minnesota Sun to their network of purportedly local newspapers. These papers are effective carbon copies of the Tennessee Star.

Click on the link for the full article

44 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Has he paid attention to Traitor Mitch over the last several years? It's adorable that he thinks McConnell would work with him at all.

Good governor but anyone promising to come to DC and work positively with Mitch McConnel can take a hike. 

On 3/4/2019 at 10:02 AM, Hersh said:

They only care about Trump. Everyone else in Congress is essentially a rino 

That would pretty much be true, although I did manage to drag all my family and neighbors out to the polls in Nov.  I lost count of how many trips i made that day.

On 3/4/2019 at 9:45 AM, Hersh said:

um, that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. 

It's absolutely bizarre. Just another illustration of facts not mattering at all to some Trump supporters.  

It's true, those are facts, but you're forgetting the point I made earlier that if we had had a popular vote election Trump (and the rest of the candidates) would have campaigned much differently.  Had that been the case I'm sure Trump would have won the popular vote.  That wasn't the case though, don't blame it on Trump supporters, it's the way it's setup now.  I say forget the electoral college.  I understand the meaning behind it, but people aren't going to accept any POTUS win if the results are like they were in 2016.  This hybrid mess they're talking about now isn't the answer either.  If we're going in with a 1/3 of the states voting hybrid, then just bring on a full popular vote.

On 3/4/2019 at 10:22 AM, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Its not a silent majority, if anything the silent majority is the dems who sat at home thinking there wasn’t any way for Trump to win...

Trump just had a better strategy than Clinton did. And he had help from Russia, and he may or may not have colluded with Russia in order to get elected... 

But he won, and if your goal is to win, and you execute you have a better strategy that your opponent, period. 

Very true as well, although I'm confident once the Mueller report is released we'll all see there was no collusion with Russia.

I guess we'll see in a couple years which group decides to stay home.  One thing I hope everybody has learned from the 2016 election is that "you cannot trust polls or any media outlet and you shouldn't let them influence your vote or decision to vote or not".

On 3/5/2019 at 8:39 AM, twa said:

the changes in SS and Medicare over time along with the funding issues do throw up some warning signs on how it expands.

slippery slopes or buttery buns...you decide

Serious inquiry - if the problem is the expansion of them too far, what kind of constraints on that would you be comfortable with? 

1 hour ago, Force1958 said:

Very true as well, although I'm confident once the Mueller report is released we'll all see there was no collusion with Russia.

Which is probably way there are a whole bunch of new investigations starting up...

He’s got to be guilty of something... the greatest thing I heard on cnn lately is “even if it’s not a crime, it can still be be an abuse of power, and we should investigate that”

Good luck all...

Archived