Rdskns2000

Presidential Election 2020 - ManChild vs Adult

Recommended Posts

I was interested to see Klubacher make her case, I only really know about her from Congressional hearings.  She's got plenty of time, but if your main argument for why you should be President is that you have "grit" then it's a no for me.  

 

Having grit is like a bare minimum.  If your qualifications for President are a job resume, having grit is like having an email address.  

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I'm sorry. If you base your vote on how people eat their chicken you are... well, you really, really need to reset your priorities.

I agree wholeheartedly. The real test should be disqualifying anyone who eats pizza with a knife and fork - a barbaric practice perpetrated by heathens like this guy...

5790218890_5d8c490961_o.0.jpg

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Riggo-toni said:

I agree wholeheartedly. The real test should be disqualifying anyone who eats pizza with a knife and fork - a barbaric practice perpetrated by heathens like this guy...

 

Let's not go throwing around blanket statements.  A good Chicago-Style pizza is a good candidate for utilization of cutlery.

 

Plus, how can you possibly call this sophisticated Knight a barbarian?

o-PATRICK-STEWART-CHICAGO-PIZZA-facebook

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Chicago-style “pizza” is not pizza. It’s a casserole. 

 

It's basically Lasagna with Pizza crust instead of the noodles.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Chicago-style “pizza” is not pizza. It’s a casserole. 

Thick crust pizza is actually Sicilian, whereas thin crust originated in Naples (I have eaten at the world's oldest pizzeria). I cannot fault Patrick Stewart for eating it with a fork because he is British, and must therefore project an image of propriety.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a reminder that the Democratic debates will start in June, with the plan on having one per month except August through the end of the year (six in 2019), and then six more planned from January thru April 2020. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m eager to watch the dems primary season. 

 

I keep thinking back to the republicans primary for 2016 and the clown show that was. 

 

The dems have a chance to show everyone that they’re the party of adults that care about the rest of us. 

 

We’ll see if they **** that up. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sherrod Brown is a Democrat winning Senate elections in a state that has gone deeply Trumpian. Would be silly if he ran. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, tshile said:

I’m eager to watch the dems primary season. 

 

I keep thinking back to the republicans primary for 2016 and the clown show that was. 

 

The dems have a chance to show everyone that they’re the party of adults that care about the rest of us. 

 

We’ll see if they **** that up. 

 

Honestly they’ll face the same issues GOP did if 10 qualified candidates split the vote and Bernie Bros win him the nomination. Ugh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Dem primary is going to be a bloodbath, that is just how they work.  The media will overreact to everything said the way they always do, and when the dust settles, whoever gets the nomination is likely in for a tough, close, election against the Incumbent. 

 

Also, I appreciate Kamala Harris's new enlightened views on pot, but she deserves to be pressed more on when exactly she changed her mind on it, and what about folks currently in prison for pot-related arrests, and also if she has some kind of plan to re-introduce them into society and help get them started over at a normal adult life.  Not to compare pot being illegal to slavery outside of this one single anecdote (really, stop it, I'm not) but merely legalizing it, while a big step, doesn't erase the mass damage that has been done during the drug war to individuals and families, especially since the arrest/conviction rates tend to target specific communities over others.   It's not as easy as saying, "well, it's legal now"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

Honestly they’ll face the same issues GOP did if 10 qualified candidates split the vote

That definitely wasn’t an issue for the GOP. The biggest piece of **** wiped the floor with everybody and the second biggest piece of **** was runner-up. Kasich who was probably the best candidate in the election (either party) barely made a dent and Jeb was a non-factor.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/11/2019 at 10:25 AM, PleaseBlitz said:

I was interested to see Klubacher make her case, I only really know about her from Congressional hearings.  She's got plenty of time, but if your main argument for why you should be President is that you have "grit" then it's a no for me.  

 

Having grit is like a bare minimum.  If your qualifications for President are a job resume, having grit is like having an email address.  

 

Well she's a 3-term Senator, and was the first woman to head the Attorney's Office in Hennepin County, the largest county in Minnesota and the 35th largest in the country, overseeing 500 or so employees.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

 

Well she's a 3-term Senator, and was the first woman to head the Attorney's Office in Hennepin County, the largest county in Minnesota and the 35th largest in the country, overseeing 500 or so employees.

 

Great, she should stop talking about grit then.  

32 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

That definitely wasn’t an issue for the GOP. The biggest piece of **** wiped the floor with everybody and the second biggest piece of **** was runner-up. Kasich who was probably the best candidate in the election (either party) barely made a dent and Jeb was a non-factor.

 

That's his point.  If 10 people split the reasonable vote and 1 person gets all of the nutbag vote, the nutbag vote will win the primary.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Great, she should stop talking about grit then.  

 

That's his point.  If 10 people split the reasonable vote and 1 person gets all of the nutbag vote, the nutbag vote will win the primary.  

I understand. I'm just saying that's not what happened with the GOP. The worst possible candidate got 45% of the vote and the next biggest POS got 25%.

 

Jeb Bush got 0.1%.

 

It's not like the GOP base was all split up between these super qualified, decent men and Trump just snuck in under the radar. He said Mexican were rapists, shot up to #1 in the polls, then wiped the floor with everybody despite providing absolutely 0 content and demonstrating over and over again that he was an unprincipled piece of ****.

 

"Despite" isn't the right word. He crushed the field in the Republican primaries BECAUSE he is an unprincipled piece of ****.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I understand. I'm just saying that's not what happened with the GOP. The worst possible candidate got 45% of the vote and the next biggest POS got 25%.

 

Jeb Bush got 0.1%.

 

In the early 2016 GOP primary (ones that occurred in February), Trump got 32% of the vote, but Cruz, Rubio, Kasich , Carson and Bush split 65% of the vote. 

 

On Super Tuesday in March, Trump got 34% of the vote, Cruz, Rubio, Kasich, and Carson split 64% of the vote.  

 

After that people started dropping out and the GOP started coalescing behind Trump.  He never got 50% or more of the vote until April 26, when everyone had dropped out besides Cruz and Kasich.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.