Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

4 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

This is a pretty dumb issue but she needs to step aside before she digs herself so deep into **** that she becomes a national joke. Might end up costing her a chance to run DoJ or CFPB.

I rarely get into politics, but she already is. She lost all credibility the moment she took that DNA test.

11 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

This is a pretty dumb issue but she needs to step aside before she digs herself so deep into **** that she becomes a national joke. Might end up costing her a chance to run DoJ or CFPB.

Pointing out, the date on that document is '86, which supposedly is back when her mom was telling her that she was part Native.  

43 minutes ago, Larry said:

Pointing out, the date on that document is '86, which supposedly is back when her mom was telling her that she was part Native.  

Must have been quite a talk to claim it as your race. 

warren is and has been a very weak choice as a national level candidate

both parties are large enough to have many 'major' voices falling within a fairly wide range of policy expertise and ideas

she's ok enough for the dems/left in that kind of role

she needs to get out....it's too bad something so petty is having such an impact on her, but sometimes the small missteps you make really bite you in the ass while major ones somehow leave you unscathed....that's life....a thing to remember, the small missteps are just as much "who you are" as the big ones and will accumulate in how others perceive you....and that will indeed affect "your reality"

also

tulsi gabbard got all fiery on a panel this a.m. as i spun the dial, going after nbc hard for what she called debunked reports on russian bots taking an interest in helping her out...she was very aggressive about it, staying such reporting is a way of bullying some candidates....just shooting from the hip, but she reads to me like 80% self-serving opportunist in contrast to say a stacy abrams...i think tulsi has a long way to go to be more credible or have serious gravitas by what i hear from her, but i have not done a deep dive on her background....

and a little of topic...but when huckster vermin like jack kingston are finally out of office,  i hate that networks choose to continue fund these scabs and leeches' lifestyle by putting them on air as pundits...

26 minutes ago, twa said:

Must have been quite a talk to claim it as your race. 

My mom told me to claim it (on paper) and I have been since I was old enough to have to. Though I dont relate at all to anything Native Americans have gone through besides...what I would call the usual....we are all brothers/colors/humans/whatever the deal with racism is in this country stuff. If you were to meet me on the street and ask what race I am im more likely to tell you im not sure than Native American. 

As far as Warren, she must have really believed it. Its unfortunate for her, politically, that it wasnt true. But at the end of the day I dont think it would matter if Politics wasnt so petty. 

1 hour ago, Larry said:

Great, claim mixed racial identity.

I don’t think she did this to gain advantage and the Boston Globe investigation pretty much confirmed this.

It’s a dumb issue at the end of the day and doesn’t take away from her excellent work on banking reform. But it is a distraction, she bungled her response to it and at this point should step aside in an already crowded field that will weaponize this against her.

8 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

For me, it shows her pettiness.

yup, and i said that in my post...while i don't support her or align well with some of her policies, you and me and everyone else have done plenty just as petty as what she did here, and if we ran for office we'd be subject to how that matters in such an arena...but i just wouldn't get too judgy in a global sense as i see folks do (not you here)...

people embellish for all kinds of reasons and often "hide it from themselves" (a popular human mechanism)...the number of "ordinary" people posting here over the years who will embellish themselves falsely just for what 'gain' (quite the concept) it may bring in a side-forum of an internet football board as an example

20 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Great, claim mixed racial identity.

I'm not aware of any rule that someone must be 100% (whatever) in order to not claim "mixed".  

(And I'll point out that I'm pretty sure that in '86, that wasn't even one of the choices.)  

I bet it's pretty common for people to think of themselves as "Irish", because one of their ancestors came from there, 4 generations ago.  

Me, I'm a registered member of the Citizens Pottawatomie Nation.  According to the tribal records, I'm 1/16 Native.  (When I was born, the tribe's rule was that you had to be 1/16 to be a member, and my Grandmother insisted that my parents register myself and Number Two Son as members.  When #3 was born, the tribe had changed their rules to require 1/8 ancestry, and so up until recently, he wasn't a member of the tribe.  About 20 years ago, they changed the rules again, so that any native ancestry qualified.  Few years back, #3 joined.)

#3 also sent off his DNA to one of the ancestry sites.  And he tells me that according to their tests, he's only 1/64 Native.  So I guess Great Grandpa wasn't as Native as the tribe thinks he was.  But then, I assume that 100 years ago, if somebody was 1/4 Indian, then they were Indian, and that was that.  

I occasionally list myself as Native on various documents.  First time I did it, I wondered if I was being dishonest.  Was I asking for special treatment as a recompense for some past discrimination that I haven't actually experienced?  But then I also decided that well, if the University I was applying for got some tiny government subsidy for my "Native" status, then why not let them collect it?  

And I have listed myself as "Native" on my Obamacare paperwork, because the Obamacare paperwork specifically states that their definition of "Native" is "Are you a registered member of a recognized tribe?", and yes, I am.  

4 minutes ago, Larry said:

And I have listed myself as "Native" on my Obamacare paperwork, because the Obamacare paperwork specifically states that their definition of "Native" is "Are you a registered member of a recognized tribe?", and yes, I am.  

This makes sense. With Warren, she wasn’t a registered member.

I don’t know what led her to do this but “my Mom told me I had a distant, distant ancestor who is native” is a pretty lame excuse to declare yourself Native American when you have experienced life as a white woman. I almost get the sense that she did this to be edgy like most young adults trying to form an identity often try to set themselves apart with unique identifiers. 

2 hours ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

Booker is trying for that lane too, but.. meh. Never understood his appeal. 

Well he was a USA Today All high School football team member. Went to Stanford and played football. Stayed there for his Master's Degree. Then was a Rhodes Scholar at Oxford and then went to Yale Law. After a year out of law school, he ran for and won a position on the Municipal Council of Newark, then 4 years later ran for but lost the election for Mayor of Newark. He ran again 4 years after that and won. He won reelection in 2010. He won a special election for the US Senate seat in 2013 and won reelection in 2014.

I'd say he's a little bit more than an average politician.

13 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

It's sad that something like this is going to drag down Warren, even though she has (by far) the most policy expertise and depth of knowledge on many or even most of the relevant issues. 

Elections are so weird.  

She should have just grabbed someone by the *****

3 hours ago, Llevron said:

Dont hold your native american breath playa lol

In all seriousness I believe it’s quite likely I have a higher % than her. 

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

My mom told me to claim it (on paper) and I have been since I was old enough to have to. 

My dad (where mine comes from) told me to too. 

Ive never claimed it

now that I’m older I wish I did. Would have gotten into the university I wanted to. 

3 hours ago, No Excuses said:

I’ve seen some Bernie folks have been hoping he will endorse her, and hate most of the other candidates.

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

It's sad that something like this is going to drag down Warren, even though she has (by far) the most policy expertise and depth of knowledge on many or even most of the relevant issues. 

Elections are so weird.  

It's just another example of the way the right wing trolls on a specific issue until it works it's way into the national media.  Until it could be proven that she listed it to gain an advantage or intended to deceive, it really should have never been a story in the first place.  But you know, "Liberal media" 

Also we haven't been only dealing with ISIS in Syria.  Not to mention sanctions we’ve had in place for a while now, so some of the things she was saying aren’t accurate either.   But her inability to answer the question without spouting repetitive robotic nonsense is kind of sad.

given this current reality, i propose a new strategy for warren.

run all the way with it. start dressing in full "old school redskins fan" regalia---the uber-caucasian classic-white idea of "indian garb" in all its glory

you can picture it easy enough, right? and wear it a lot, use the same kind of 50's/60's white-ified "indian language", too---say "how" with a raised hand as a greeting, and use "my people" in every sentence and make sweeping outward gestures with your hands a lot...just do the whole shtick like you're william shatner in this immortal classic

530.jpg

6 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

But he played an American in it..so...????

i hate tom cruise, but dammit he's made some fun movies and **** it if the asshole doesn't stay in great shape...for being terminally short

next someone will pick on david carradine and i will have to kung-fu that someone's ass 

(though it's established fact that one of my heros, lee, was robbed of that role because we weren't 'ready' for an asian lead they thought)

Archived