Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

32 minutes ago, Larry said:

Just pointing out that you are asserting that McCain and Romney lost because they weren't right wing loony, and Trump won because he successfully pretended to be. 

That running a moderate doesnt work, and running an extremist does. 

And asserting that you want the Democrats to follow that formula. 

I don't think I'm pretending that Trump pretended to be loony. He is loony and the GOP saw their face in the mirror. Likewise, I think the Dems ought to find the candidate who best represents their ideals and plans, put that candidate forward, and let the chips fly.

Just because the true face of the Republican party is a frothing, racist, sack of corruption (plus, a bunch of words my mother told me never to use) doesn't mean the Dems true face is equally bat**** crazy.

On a side note, I SO want to see this guy get some traction. I am not naive enough to think he might win the nomination but I'd sure like to see him being heard, maybe a speech at the convention. Lots of straight talk and crossover appeal.

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Your contributions are already greatly appreciated /sarcasm

Image result for shaking head gif

My initial point was valid. It's very hard to beat an incumbent president. Bush 41 lost because of Perot and Carter lost because of Iranian hostages. Polarizing presidents like Dubya and Obama won second terms because of the incumbent advantage. It's going to take someone extraordinary to overcome that, and I don't see that person among the current contenders.

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

Yes, her laughable, publicized blood test that proved that she was 99% European and just a smidge Native.  Hell, I think I’m more Native that Elizabeth Warren.  No.  It was a joke.  And instead of people (like you) saying “she might not be Native, but she has a good cause and a nice heart.”  You’re all like “Nenerneeener.  See, it says right here that 1,000 years ago there was a full blown Indian in her family.”

Im more Native American than Elizabeth Warren and I consider myself profoundly and undoubtedly, white.

I want my democrat nominee to not look a fool when trying to stoop to Trumps ‘s level of mindless publicity games.

Tribes don't use DNA tests to determine whether or not you are a member. Every tribe is different but it's usually based around ancestry history of some kind. Warren being from Oklahoma likely has Native America ancestry of some kind if her family has been in the state for awhile. It's also possible she has been told her whole life she had...even if she doesn't. Its very common in Oklahoma. I believe she claimed Cherokee heritage which becomes even more complicated because there are a few bands of Cherokee outside of the Government recognized tribe. I am a member of a tribe based off family ancestry because of a treaty signed in the 1800s, yet I am not a member of the tribe whom my Great great grandmother was full blood member of. It's really not as simple as DNA test.

I completely agree with the last comment. She should have just ignored this entirely. It was a trap and she fell right into it.

11 minutes ago, Thomas Finney said:

It's going to take someone extraordinary to overcome that, and I don't see that person among the current contenders.

You're entitled to your opinion even if we disagree.  I'd say given what we know with this guy in charge and the absolute rebuke we saw in the mid-terms, we absolutely can and should try to get him out of office.  He doesn't deserve to be there and proving to be the exact threat everyone feared he'd be, this isn't funny anymore.

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

You're entitled to your opinion even if we disagree.  I'd say given what we know with this guy in charge and the absolute rebuke we say in the mid-terms, we absolutely can and should try to get him out of office.  He doesn't deserve to be there and proving to be the exact threat everyone feared he'd be, this isn't funny anymore.

Sure

4 minutes ago, Thomas Finney said:

Obama lost harder in his first midterm test than Trump did by a significant margin and still won a second term. Granted, he had the entire media establishment behind him, but 'Build the Wall' is a more visceral call to arms than 'Hope and Change'.

Don't make the same mistake that got Trump elected in basing your entire argument on what we've seen before in our politics. 

"Build the Wall" won't stand a chance against the Special Counsel report, GOP can't keep hemorrhaging Women and the Suburbs and expect to win a presidential election.  I mean, dude, Kansas has a Democratic governor now, that's how bad of an ass-whopping that was, the house numbers don't do it justice. 

If you stick with your point, now Trump has pretty much the entire news media against him, even Fox News is calling him out about his hypocrisy over the wall.  When Fox News is starting to get tired of your BS...bruh...

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

Don't make the same mistake that got Trump elected in basing your entire argument on what we've seen before in our politics. 

"Build the Wall" won't stand a chance against the Special Counsel report, GOP can't keep hemorrhaging Women and the Suburbs and expect to win a presidential election.  I mean, dude, Kansas has a Democratic governor now, that's how bad of an ass-whopping that was, the house numbers don't do it justice. 

If you stick with your point, now Trump has pretty much the entire news media against him, even Fox News is calling him out about his hypocrisy over the wall.  When Fox News is starting to get tired of your BS...bruh...

Yeah

13 minutes ago, Thomas Finney said:

I don't see any hypocrisy regarding the Wall. 

I intentionally deleted the rest of you post even though I read it because this is what you don't get.  Fox is mad because he said Mexico would pay for the Wall and now he's shutdown the government because we won't.  He also said he'd own the Shutdown, now he's trying to pin this on someone else. 

This isn't even about a wall anymore, its about making it seem he wants to keep a promise to appease the people he thinks he needs to stay in power.  Whatever policy he stands by that I actually do agree with, I have to keep in mind this is probably why he's saying it.

2 minutes ago, Thomas Finney said:

I get it just fine friend, he's doing whatever he can to try and fulfill a campaign promise, because that's what his supporters want. I am under no illusion that Donald Trump is an avatar of all that is good and honorable, but I can see that he is the only person within the political system trying to break the awful stasis that has been in place since 1965. Unchecked third world immigration is turning the USA into the third world, and Democrats and Republicans don't give a damn because they are safe in their gated redoubts whilst Americans have to deal with shrinking wages, cities that resemble hellholes and a future for their kids of crippling debt or menial labor in a fast food joint or an Amazon warehouse. Not one of your precious 'progressives' will do one thing to improve the life of average Americans, they will feed at the trough with the GOPe and throw a bone to the oppressed minority du jour.

One of the most disgusting posts in ES history right here. 

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Sensitive ass bamma, no, you're about halfway home to people thinking you're racist, they typically ban people from the tailgate for that.  Good luck.

I'm going to let this suffice because if I reply to that fool I'm guaranteed to get banned. 

1 hour ago, ShredSkins said:

I completely agree with the last comment. She should have just ignored this entirely. It was a trap and she fell right into it.

That would have been my preferred action by her.

Still, think it was foolish to claim NA and then release a blood test that shows she’s 99% white.

Archived