Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

51 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Me personally, I have no trouble calling him a dictator.  However I also don't have the media trying to corner me into a narrative.

And yes, I realize Bernie can give all the same vague answers every other candidate will give, but I thought that isn't what we want in a candidate? 

Wasn't one of Trump's favorable traits in 2016 going against the neo-con grain and saying he didn't want to be an interventionist?  Weird how that was favorable for Trump, but with Dem candidates it's right back to the "terrorist sympathizer" rhetoric.

When it comes to the big corporate interests behind war, especially in an oil rich country, don't for a second think that the media won't play their part in trying to get rid of candidates that don't want to take measures to get those resources.  

"Will you call him a Dictator?" is just the beginning. 

You are sorta all over the place. Trump constantly demonized China and North Korea while also saying he didn’t want to be in stupid wars. It’s not hard for Bernie or a Dem candidate to effectively bash what’s going on in Venezuela while being against using the military at this time. 

No, I don’t actually need a candidate to give specifics on Venezuela. I don’t need specifics right now on Syria. I need specifics later and I really need specifics on economic issues, health care, etc. Candidates need to pick their fights carefully. 

See how some of the other candidates have answered this question effectively. 

Just now, twa said:

You sure you ain't got a aneurysm or something?

:pint:

I’m searching WebMD to see if I’m showing symptoms. I did have flu symptoms this week so anything is possible. Now I kinda want a Guinness or something too just from seeing the emoji.

8 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Say what you will about Liz Warren, but she's much more advanced on the policy end than anyone else currently running.  Just listen from where it starts to about 7:45.  

Every year as part of a unit about percentages my 7th graders study credit cards and their advantages/disadvantages.  We watch portions of a PBS documentary that features Elizabeth Warren fairly prominently.  She comes off as extremely knowledgeable and genuinely interested in the common good and the economic well-being of the average person.

All of that said, I worry that she couldn't win enough of the voters who hover over the "D" button but have second and third thoughts.  It shouldn't happen that way, but it does, and I'm afraid it will in 2020.

40 minutes ago, dfitzo53 said:

Every year as part of a unit about percentages my 7th graders study credit cards and their advantages/disadvantages.  We watch portions of a PBS documentary that features Elizabeth Warren fairly prominently.  She comes off as extremely knowledgeable and genuinely interested in the common good and the economic well-being of the average person.

All of that said, I worry that she couldn't win enough of the voters who hover over the "D" button but have second and third thoughts.  It shouldn't happen that way, but it does, and I'm afraid it will in 2020.

What is true is true. 

I just hope Warren can get everyone else to up their game. 

All I see is "Warren is solid on policy" yet we've been forgetting about Andrew Yang who is also solid on policy especially UBI

The Georgetown video is good as it outlines his plan for other segments other than UBI. Admittedly he is largely known for "Freedom dividend" but the guy also knows about foreign affairs and spoke about them in detail in multiple public forums. 

25 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

All I see is "Warren is solid on policy" yet we've been forgetting about Andrew Yang who is also solid on policy especially UBI

The Georgetown video is good as it outlines his plan for other segments other than UBI. Admittedly he is largely known for "Freedom dividend" but the guy also knows about foreign affairs and spoke about them in detail in multiple public forums. 

Image result for stop trying to make fetch happen gif

Archived