Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

I watched (or maybe listened ) to someone trying to explain why Trump got white voters that had previous voted for Clinton and Obama.  And that was conclusion.  That voters who really would vote for Dems because of economic platform failed to see a big enough difference between the two parties, so voted on their less important but more easily discernible social ideals. 

5 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Meh. I think Montana Governor Bullock is where it's at.

https://twitter.com/GovernorBullock?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Looks at his recent posts. He's articulate. So weird to read posts like his when the others look like they are written by a child.

I was a big fan of Brian Schweitzer.  Bullock seems like he's cut from the same cloth.

If the election was this November I think Trump would win in a walk.  His economy is strong and he is quite effective.  Who knows what things will be like 2 1/2 years from now but if the economy continues to improve during that period Trump could roll up an even bigger Electoral College victory.  

On 6/4/2018 at 1:01 PM, Kilmer17 said:

I watched (or maybe listened ) to someone trying to explain why Trump got white voters that had previous voted for Clinton and Obama.  And that was conclusion.  That voters who really would vote for Dems because of economic platform failed to see a big enough difference between the two parties, so voted on their less important but more easily discernible social ideals. 

Chris Matthew's explained it election night.  This is why Trump won and will win again if he works hard on trade and illegal immigration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUZ7eEGbwA8

28 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Please don’t post anything like that ever again. The amount of stupid channeled into the first two sentences alone is enough to destroy a small town.

Hey, I'm fair and off-balanced. :rofl89:

Right now, I say Trump wins reelection but loses the popular vote by an even larger margin; He wins all the same states except Florida; which flips.  The Puerto Ricans tip the state to the Dems.

The Dems could run into the same situation they did in 2004.  (Still waiting to see if the massive land war part happens)  The economy hadn't turned on Bush yet and his simple message of "Stay the Course" was received well.   Kerry wasn't a particular strong candidate either.

I honestly think the right candidate could stomp Trump, but knowing the Dems they will throw someone up there that they perceive as "safe" and they'll come off to the American people as timid and let Trump walk all over them during the debates with anecdotes and quips.  

That tax cuts still remain largely unpopular.  I think you have to attack that and warn people that another round could be coming. 

15 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Please don’t post anything like that ever again. The amount of stupid channeled into the first two sentences alone is enough to destroy a small town.

Trump winning 40 states in 2020?  If the election was held today I think he'd win more than the 30 states he won in 2016 but 10 more?  I don't think so.  Could he do so well he wins 40 states in 2020, let's hope so because it would mean the country was really doing well and the faith that blue-collar workers showed in him in 2016 was justified.

I remember NH, ME, NV, VA, MN, NM, and CO being fairly close that Clinton managed to win and if Trump was popular enough to win a landslide in 2020 maybe he could pull those into his column but I can't think of 3 more that were close.  More importantly, Trump has 2 1/2 years to work on it and he is off to a good start.  

This sounds like crazy talk to those of you blind partisans deep down in the Mueller impeachment bunny hole but Trump is scoring successes that other people are noticing.  Deep blue lefties are emotionally invested in impeachment hopes but the rest of the country are hoping things continue to get better.  Trump wouldn't get 40 states today and won't need 40 in 2020 but given his good start, I wouldn't be shocked if he laid a 1984 scale butt-kicking on you if the country is doing really well.  You deserved to be thrashed, I hope Trump performs well enough to do it!

2 hours ago, Veryoldschool said:

This sounds like crazy talk to those of you blind partisans deep down in the Mueller impeachment bunny hole but Trump is scoring successes that other people are noticing.

Name two.  

One which I'll list for you, is that yes, the stock market had a really good year, there.  It's not the greatest of all time, and it's not the most important thing in the universe.  But it's definitely good news.  

(You can debate how much of that it Trump's doing.  But then, it's always traditional to give the President the credit/blame for whatever happens during his term, whether he actually did it or not.  So it's as fair to give him credit as it would be for any other President.)  

Si, I'll fill in that line for you.  

Pick another one.  

24 minutes ago, Larry said:

Name two.  

One which I'll list for you, is that yes, the stock market had a really good year, there.  It's not the greatest of all time, and it's not the most important thing in the universe.  But it's definitely good news.  

(You can debate how much of that it Trump's doing.  But then, it's always traditional to give the President the credit/blame for whatever happens during his term, whether he actually did it or not.  So it's as fair to give him credit as it would be for any other President.)  

Pick another one.  

KKk membership is up over 100% since 2015.  Gotta give Trump his due.

Seems like its pretty tough to beat an incumbent in a presidential election unless morale in the country is so bad (like for Carter in 1980) or if the challenger is a master politician like Clinton was in 1992.

If the economy keeps on track I see Trump winning reelection.  But there's still a long way to go, and anything can happen. I also think the votes which could help propel him to victory will be people who voted for Hillary in 2016, rather than the Rust Belt voters, who are probably not being helped as much (if at all) by Trump's policies as they thought they would. I could probably see a landslide victory for Trump too except he is so divisive personality wise and I agree with Rdskns2000 that another popular vote loss is just as likely too.

And you do have to wonder how happy Trump really is in the job and if he'll run solely to prove that he can get re-elected, and step down soo after. 

3 hours ago, Veryoldschool said:

You deserved to be thrashed, I hope Trump performs well enough to do it!

Revenge politics encapsulated right here. And you wonder why people aren't receptive to you in these threads. 

36 minutes ago, Larry said:

Name two.  

Pick another one.  

1.  Deregulation is helping the economy

2.  Tax cut & reform bill is helping the economy and because it lowered the corporate tax rates the US is a more favorable place for multinationals3.  Has been inducing manufacturers to stay in the US.

4.  He is establishing tariffs and fighting to improve the climate for manufacturing in the US.  Trump's complaint about Canadian dairy tariffs was not lost on Wisconsin dairy farmers.

5.  ISIS has taken a real pounding under Trump's more aggressive approach

6.  Economic confidence is high, unemployment is low although we need to see a lot of wage increases but Trump has things moving in the right direction.

7.  Obamacare is getting gutted, Oil drilling in Alaska, and many other things.

Like I said, these things are probably not noticed by folks who follow DNC media and are disparately hoping Mueller's endless investigation produces something.  If this upward trend continues Trump is going to win big.  I'm old enough to remember how much Reagan was dismissed and reviled by Democrats who were shocked when they got pummeled in '84.  2 1/2 years is a long time, lots can happen but if things continue as they are prepared to get spanked, really spanked this time.

20 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

And you do have to wonder how happy Trump really is in the job and if he'll run solely to prove that he can get re-elected, and step down soo after. 

Revenge politics encapsulated right here. And you wonder why people aren't receptive to you in these threads. 

To put it charitably the Democrats primary theme was divisive identity politics in 2016.  I'll put it plainly I now think of them as the Raceacrats and I don't have any respect for them.  Bill Clinton and the Democrats abandoned private sector blue collar labor when he signed NAFTA and give most favored nations status to China.  Instead of championing blue-collar labor they empathized racially divisive narratives to distract minorities impoverished by the declining fortunes of blue-collar workers over the last 25 years.  Trump adopted the cause of blue-collar workers that have been left behind by globalism and Raceacrats still haven't accepted responsibility for their defeat, they blame Russian instead of themselves.

I don't care if others here are irritated by my views the racist identity politics of the Democrats irritate me.

Thank goodness we have Republicans to save us from the evil corporations and free trade, outsourcing, and trade deals they had nothing to do with.  Whew.  I can’t wait until all those jobs that mysteriously keep leaving despite Lord Trump’s glorious promises magically fill up and automation ceases to exist.  

I look forward to the day when those nasty swampy corporations who keep cutting jobs and moving them elsewhere are forced to use the wonderful tax cuts we gave them (that for some reason are super unpopular and have made little impact on the economy) to hire more employees instead of cutting more and lining their own pockets.

6 minutes ago, visionary said:

Thank goodness we have Republicans to save us from the evil corporations and free trade, outsourcing, and trade deals they had nothing to do with.  Whew.  I can’t wait until all those jobs that mysteriously keep leaving despite Lord Trump’s glorious promises magically fill up and automation ceases to exist.  

I look forward to the day when those nasty swampy corporations who keep cutting jobs and moving them elsewhere are forced to use the wonderful tax cuts we gave them (that for some reason are super unpopular and have made little impact on the economy) to hire more employees instead of cutting more and lining their own pockets.

Keeping humming that tune all the way to your next electoral drubbing.  I'm curious, were you one of the ones who said Reagan's tax cuts wouldn't do a thing either is that before your time?

35 minutes ago, Veryoldschool said:

1.  Deregulation is helping the economy

2.  Tax cut & reform bill is helping the economy and because it lowered the corporate tax rates the US is a more favorable place for multinationals3.  Has been inducing manufacturers to stay in the US.

4.  He is establishing tariffs and fighting to improve the climate for manufacturing in the US.  Trump's complaint about Canadian dairy tariffs was not lost on Wisconsin dairy farmers.

5.  ISIS has taken a real pounding under Trump's more aggressive approach

6.  Economic confidence is high, unemployment is low although we need to see a lot of wage increases but Trump has things moving in the right direction.

7.  Obamacare is getting gutted, Oil drilling in Alaska, and many other things.

Like I said, these things are probably not noticed by folks who follow DNC media and are disparately hoping Mueller's endless investigation produces something.  If this upward trend continues Trump is going to win big.  I'm old enough to remember how much Reagan was dismissed and reviled by Democrats who were shocked when they got pummeled in '84.  2 1/2 years is a long time, lots can happen but if things continue as they are prepared to get spanked, really spanked this time.

1)  The economy is continuing to do exactly what it was doing for the five years prior to Trump. 

The three specific indicators that I chose, to represent "the economy" were monthly GDP, the unemployment rate, and the total number of jobs.  I compared the numbers since Trump took office, against the five years before he took office.  (And adjusted both of them into "change per year")  (In the case of GDP, I could only find data that went back five years total, so it was a comparison of Trump vs the previous 44 months or some such.)  

in the case of the change in the unemployment rate, Trump's change was exactly the same as the previous five years.  For the other two, Trump's numbers were worse, but only by a little.  

2)  See #1.  

4)  He is establishing tariffs which pretty much every economist in the world says is bad for the economy.  Now, maybe they're all wrong, but there's certainly no evidence of it.  (See #1.)  

5)  I think I can agree that it looks like we've at least ended the first phase against ISIS under Trump's watch.  I'll call that a "win" for the country.  

And he didn't immediately order us to pull out, hand the country back to Russia, and watch while they slaughter the kurds who did a lot of "our" fighting, which was what I fully expected us to do.  I'll give the guy props for that, too.  (That may sound like sarcasm.  but it's not.  I'm actually, literally, giving the guy credit for not screwing things up the way I fully expected him to.)  

6)  Unemployment and job growth are continuing to do almost as well as they were for the five years prior to Trump.  

Now, I'll certainly agree that people who live in the Republican echo chamber think that the economy is vastly better.  Your multiple posts in this and various threads are testament to that.  But now you're giving Trump credit for the fact that the myth machine has switched from "Unemployment is down for the fifth year in a row, and here's why you should ignore that fact and pay attention to this other unemployment number that we made up just to apply to Obama, only, and not for anybody else." to "Unemployment is down for the sixth year in a row, and this proves that trickle down economics really works".  

7)  Yep,  The Republicans are succeeding in intentionally screwing up health insurance for millions of Americans.  Please, continue to give them full credit for how broken they've managed to make things.  

16 minutes ago, Veryoldschool said:

Keeping humming that tune all the way to your next electoral drubbing.  I'm curious, were you one of the ones who said Reagan's tax cuts wouldn't do a thing either is that before your time?

Yes, that’s definitely me. 

In the morning I watched GI-Joe and at night I plotted against Reagan.

Archived