Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

2 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

de Blasio can't eve get above 0 in his own city. Wrap it up.

He was done before he entered the race. 

It's kind of weird, or maybe it just shows you how blinded by arrogance some of these guys are. I mean, I could have told you (and the point is, I ain't special, millions and millions of people could have told you) that deBlasio not only didn't have a chance to win, he didn't have a chance to have any impact on the race at all. It was as close to a certainty as possible that the only realistic outcome to him signing up was making himself some kind of a joke, And yet he did. 

I guess these people get so full of themselves that they think they can overcome what everyone in the world knows is coming. But it's kind of amazing to watch it happen.

4 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

He was done before he entered the race. 

It's kind of weird, or maybe it just shows you how blinded by arrogance some of these guys are. I mean, I could have told you (and the point is, I ain't special, millions and millions of people could have told you) that deBlasio not only didn't have a chance to win, he didn't have a chance to have any impact on the race at all. It was as close to a certainty as possible that the only realistic outcome to him signing up was making himself some kind of a joke, And yet he did. 

I guess these people get so full of themselves that they think they can overcome what everyone in the world knows is coming. But it's kind of amazing to watch it happen.

These guys live in insulated bubbles and not the real world, plus most of their interactions are with people who have to deal with them in an imbalanced power dynamic. This stilted feedback over time changes the pallate of their decision making and gives them false senses of reality.

Power Causes Brain Damage

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/power-causes-brain-damage?utm_source=pocket-newtab&fbclid=IwAR1oWXmyqsjGKFQTbVlsOqbn04hxhJzeszGyPYgWrGnCdCTpqITTFegffLk

2 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

These guys live in insulated bubbles and not the real world, plus most of their interactions are with people who have to deal with them in an imbalanced power dynamic. This stilted feedback over time changes the pallate of their decision making and gives them false senses of reality.

Power Causes Brain Damage

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/power-causes-brain-damage?utm_source=pocket-newtab&fbclid=IwAR1oWXmyqsjGKFQTbVlsOqbn04hxhJzeszGyPYgWrGnCdCTpqITTFegffLk

Don't disagree. But if you were going to subject yourself to the scrutiny and potential scorn that comes for you (and your family) with a Presidential run, then I have to assume you solicit a variety of opinions first. And any political analyst worth $5 could have told deBlasio (or Bennet, or Bullock, or Swallwell, etc) that all you're going to accomplish by running is to make yourself look foolish. 

25 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Don't disagree. But if you were going to subject yourself to the scrutiny and potential scorn that comes for you (and your family) with a Presidential run, then I have to assume you solicit a variety of opinions first. And any political analyst worth $5 could have told deBlasio (or Bennet, or Bullock, or Swallwell, etc) that all you're going to accomplish by running is to make yourself look foolish. 

I feel you and I agree as well regarding that point, but then the question is do they listen to those people? 

Look how Dan Snyder handles having someone like Brian Lafemina or whatever his name was telling him to deal with reality regarding his fanbase. He fired that guy and kept the sycophant instead. 

Its a reoccurring pattern for people like that unfortunately. 

21 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

I feel you and I agree as well regarding that point, but then the question is do they listen to those people? 

Look how Dan Snyder handles having someone like Brian Lafemina or whatever his name was telling him to deal with reality regarding his fanbase. He fired that guy and kept the sycophant instead. 

Its a reoccurring pattern for people like that unfortunately. 

That's basically my point. 

14 hours ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

And any political analyst worth $5 could have told deBlasio (or Bennet, or Bullock, or Swallwell, etc) that all you're going to accomplish by running is to make yourself look foolish

Yeah but where would I be right now in my life without Swalwell’s “I’m gonna break up with Russia and make up with NATO” line altering the political landscape for seconds after 

^^I think Beto proposing and not walking this back is going to be a major rallying cry for GOP voters.  Like to the point I could see it swinging the election back to GOP favor.  Someone needs to tell Beto to cool it.

***Not discussing the merits of his proposal, etc.  ONLY the election impact.  There are other threads for the rest of that conversation. 

7 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

^^I think Beto proposing and not walking this back is going to be a major rallying cry for GOP voters.  Like to the point I could see it swinging the election back to GOP favor.  Someone needs to tell Beto to cool it.

***Not discussing the merits of his proposal, etc.  ONLY the election impact.  There are other threads for the rest of that conversation. 

I think it works both ways.  There is a lot of evidence that (1) gun control advocates are just as engaged on the issue as gun rights advocates and (2) more people support an assault weapons ban than don't by a wide margin.  According to the linked Fox News poll, 46% of Republicans support an assault weapons ban.  Nearly 90% of Democrats do.  

Of course, a ban going forward and a mandatory buyback are 2 different issues. Also, what % of voters do you think fit into both of the following buckets:  (1) fanatical about guns and (2) on the fence about Trump.  Probably not many.  

9 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

First, the ban like before. Then a buy back program in the Democrats second term m 

Beto needs to cool it. I know he's passionate about this issue and so are many people. But mandatory buy back goes right to the Democrats will take your guns argument of the NRA and Republicans for years.

Yeah that really plays right into their hands. The NRA was probably giddy when they found out Beto said that. He couldn't have given them a better gift. 

For decades it's been:

Republicans: "The Dems are going to come for your guns!"

Dems: "Um, no we aren't. Nobody is even proposing that"

Now it's:

Beto: "We're coming for your guns!"

Dems: "Bruh..."

12 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Yeah that really plays right into their hands. The NRA was probably giddy when they found out Beto said that. He couldn't have given them a better gift. 

For decades it's been:

Now it's:

Beto: "We're coming for your guns!"

Dems: "Bruh..."

For decades we didn't have a mass shooting every day. 

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

I didn't think Buttigieg had a chance up until recently. Pretty interesting to see how he has risen. 

You gotta squint pretty hard to see any recent gain worth mentioning with Buttigieg. He's in single digits, well below where he was 3 or 4 months ago. By the averages, he's over 10 points out of 3rd place Nationally, or in Iowa or NH. He barely registers in Nevada and SC.

I never thought there was any shot the Democrats would pick a ridiculously young and inexperienced, smallish guy to be the one to go against Trump in what most of them consider the most important election of their lifetimes. He's got a bright future, but I don't think there's a chance in hell he could win the nomination. I would bet on Beto or Booker to do so before I'd bet on him.

Coming for your AKs and your ARs. Couple very obvious points to this.

Nobody needs an AR.

Flooding our country with military grade weapons should have never happened in the first place.

Predictably, it’s resulted in a rack of body bags.

A buyback of military grade killing machines is not radical. It’s common sense.

Im not worried about what the dumb**** NRA says. **** those mother****ers.

11 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Coming for your AKs and your ARs. Couple very obvious points to this.

Nobody needs an AR.

Flooding our country with military grade weapons should have never happened in the first place.

Predictably, it’s resulted in a rack of body bags.

A buyback of military grade killing machines is not radical. It’s common sense.

Im not worried about what the dumb**** NRA says. **** those mother****ers.

Also, the NRA ain't the force it once was. not saying its a pushover, but its also not the invincible machine it seemed in years past

It's not like he said we gonna take all the guns, just what you would classify as weapons of war.  You dont need weapons of war for self defense, and a lot of people get that, enough that I'm not worried about it. 

Id be suprised if the other candidates disnt in some support a buy back program, so part of me is glad that someone finally said they would do it instead of Dems wondering if they finally will.  Keep in mind, this is very much about turnout, I'd Dems have a higher turnout they win, regardless of what the NRA wants.

Now that we've started that conversation, he needs to follow it up with what guns hed protect so someone doesnt come behind him and try to take the rest.  At least I want some to clarify what guns should be allowed versus saying keep them all or be vague on which ones to take.

Archived