Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

Wasn't the "economic anxiety" reasoning debunked shortly after the election? Why are we being suckered into going back to that?

Trump is basically implementing the same GOP policies that are horrible for the middle class, but adding in tariffs as an extra bonus insult.  Yet, the people getting hurt the most by his policies don't seem to care. Sure, you can find some isolated examples of folks second-guessing their Trump support but regionally, most of the people who supported him before are going to once again ignore their own financial situations and vote for him anyway. 

If Biden end up with the nomination and thinks he can "compliment the GOP"-his way to a victory, he is sadly mistaken.  The mid-terms were about bringing out the base in bigger than normal numbers for the Democrats.  That is how 2020 will be won, by inspiring the Democrats across the board to unite and oust Trump.  It isn't going to be GOP converts or even the so-called "independents" who voted for Trump because if they were dumb enough to vote for him once I can almost guarantee 99% of them will vote for him again.

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

If this is the type of person Dems are trying to win, they will never win an election. 

"I don't want some female that wants her agenda" pretty much tells you half of the rationale of the Trump supporter with "economic anxiety" It's outright racism, ignorance or it's this which is just "I want dick and balls and I want those dick and balls to be assholes and no woman can be tough like those dick and balls can" sexism. 

They're a waste of time. 

Yes, I wasn't really clear as to what "her agenda" meant-other than him just being a misogynistic POS.

That was sort of my point.  I honestly don't care either way if a (D) nominee wants to go on Fox News town hall, that is their choice, and if it reaches a few people and convinces them to watch something besides Fox News going forward? Great. However, this idea that a 1 hour Q &A is going to make people "see the light" and it will combat the endless hours of distortion of facts and commentary?  Yeah right.  

46 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I like that CNN is doing all these town halls but why do they keep doing them so late at night?  Don't they know people have jobs?  I guess they are only targeting Democrat voters.

Maybe they are trying to nab the West coast & East coast viewers at the same time?  

Biden is as centrist and as corporate as an establishment Democrat can get.  I have a feeling though that those kinds of attacks aren't going to work in this election because so many people are tunnel-vision-focused on beating Trump that if they feel Biden is the best person to do it, little else will matter sanz some kind of major scandal, but unfortunately taking soft money from corporate donors is still pretty normal. 

Abrams is right in the sense that the narrative that the Dems alone use "identity politics" is false.   Identity politics come into play with the majority of policy. It's just a matter of who the policy appeals to where the term comes into play.  One party wants more "identities" to feel welcome, while the other one..............eh.

What kind of jobs is automation creating? 

I think with the automation issue a lot of it may be how we are bridging the gap for the next generation.  For example, my kids....and their kids could very likely be prepared for the "new economy" and the kind of jobs that will come with technology and automation.  However, you are going to have a lot of middle-aged folks who have likely worked in one industry, maybe even 1 job position for the previous 20-30 years and I think it is stretch to say they going to be able to switch industries on a dime and be able to compete with the upcoming generation for those jobs.  

30 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

What kind of jobs is automation creating? 

I think with the automation issue a lot of it may be how we are bridging the gap for the next generation.  For example, my kids....and their kids could very likely be prepared for the "new economy" and the kind of jobs that will come with technology and automation.  However, you are going to have a lot of middle-aged folks who have likely worked in one industry, maybe even 1 job position for the previous 20-30 years and I think it is stretch to say they going to be able to switch industries on a dime and be able to compete with the upcoming generation for those jobs.  

there was a study on it.

https://venturebeat.com/2017/09/07/automation-replaced-800000-workers-then-created-3-5-million-new-jobs/

I'm past middle age and have worked in one industry for nearly 50

14 minutes ago, twa said:

there was a study on it.

https://venturebeat.com/2017/09/07/automation-replaced-800000-workers-then-created-3-5-million-new-jobs/

I'm past middle age and have worked in one industry for nearly 50

After spending millions of dollars to bring AI and automation to its fulfillment processes, Boxed could have cut costs if it had simply laid off the workers whose jobs were automated. But instead the company made a values-driven decision to retain its workforce.

Well we should be so lucky if every company made "value-driven" decisions. 

Archived