Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/new-york-city-mayor-bill-de-blasio-announce-presidential-bid-n1006101

New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio to announce presidential bid

New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio will declare his bid for the presidency on Thursday, a campaign spokesperson said on Wednesday, joining the almost two dozen other candidates already competing for the Democratic nomination.

De Blasio will make the formal announcement Thursday morning and then travel to Iowa and South Carolina for multiple stops over four days. His wife, Chirlane McCray, who has been a highly visible presence and close adviser during his six years at City Hall, will join him for part of the trip.

The mayor plans to highlight his record of liberal accomplishments in the nation’s largest city, including enacting universal pre-kindergarten, raising the minimum wage to $15 an hour, and overseeing a drop in crime to an all-time low.

12 minutes ago, visionary said:

The guy is a centrist, he wasn't always, but he is now. I don't want another centrist, apologetic, democratic, limp d*** president. I want Bernie, but lets be real, probably won't happen. So I'm calling it now: the ticket will be Biden/Warren 2020.

4 hours ago, Simmsy said:

The guy is a centrist, he wasn't always, but he is now. I don't want another centrist, apologetic, democratic, limp d*** president. I want Bernie, but lets be real, probably won't happen. So I'm calling it now: the ticket will be Biden/Warren 2020.

Whoever wins the nomination - hold your nose and vote for them. Four more years of this **** show does not bear thinking about - and the damage already done will long outlast Trump even now. 

Warren with good legislation that will likely go down in a GOP led Senate.  

If Biden gets the nomination my biggest hope is that he picks a progressive as a VP.  Warren is not a bad choice but if the ultimate goal is to set someone up for a future Presidential run, Warren might be a little old to plan that in 4-8 years from 2020?

Wait so did that tweet mean to say "Total Exoneration.......No Collusion, No Obstruction!"

RE: Letalization: I'd say we are long past "leave it up to the states" on Marijuana. I can see why that was initially the approach because it was a new thing and overhauling it in fell swoop might have seen like overreach, but the tide has turned on the issue and it is only becoming more of a pro-legalization country so to keep stalling out the inevitable seems wrong. 

50 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

RE: Letalization: I'd say we are long past "leave it up to the states" on Marijuana. I can see why that was initially the approach because it was a new thing and overhauling it in fell swoop might have seen like overreach, but the tide has turned on the issue and it is only becoming more of a pro-legalization country so to keep stalling out the inevitable seems wrong. 

Technically it is not leave it up to the states.  In the states that have legalized it they have only legalized it under state law it is still illegal under Federal Law.  If the Feds were to remove the designation of Marijuana as a class B drug, then the States would still have to act individually on the issue.

15 hours ago, MartinC said:

Whoever wins the nomination - hold your nose and vote for them. Four more years of this **** show does not bear thinking about - and the damage already done will long outlast Trump even now. 

I plan to, I did it last election and I'll do it again if I have to. "Half eaten moldy potato for Prez!".

3 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

Warren with good legislation that will likely go down in a GOP led Senate.  

If Biden gets the nomination my biggest hope is that he picks a progressive as a VP.  Warren is not a bad choice but if the ultimate goal is to set someone up for a future Presidential run, Warren might be a little old to plan that in 4-8 years from 2020?

Biden with Warren or Harris is the likely outcome IMO. Stacey Abrams might be an interesting running partner as well.

Archived