• Blog Entries

• By JimmiJo in ES Coverage
      ES Coverage Cowboys vs Redskins 2019

9/15/19

Do I look like I'm playing? I'm not playing. This is the Washington Redskins versus the Dallas Cowboys. If you are a fan of this game, and this one does not get you excited you might want to check your pulse.

Hello my friends it is I, JimmiJo, back for another year of this wonderful thing we call Redskins Football. This makes season 14 for me. I am joined by The Spaceman Spiff who will hereafter be known as "The Spaceman Spiff." 

Where's that dude that gets the big tattoos on his back? There's his next one.

So how important is this game? I don't know. What is the different between 1-1 and 0-2? The difference between batting .500 and zippy?

Throw in that this is their 2nd division game to start the year AND a home game and you have a critical match.

And once again they contend with critical injuries to start the year. Last year it was  their rookie star running back. This year its their 2nd year star...well you get the rest.  Darrius Guice is gone and not coming back this year. I think this really hurts him moving forward. Not sure who will build a scheme around him given his first two seasons.

So it is down to the veteran Adrian Peterson. I have no worries of ring rust for hum. None whatsoever. He knows what to do.

Anyway, almost time. Please share your thoughts.

Stand by...

Inactives

The Redskins declared the following players as inactive:
      o   No. 12 QB Colt McCoy
      o   No. 23 CB Quinton Dunbar
      o   No. 31 Fabian Moreau
      o   No. 64 C Ross Pierschbacher
      o   No. 67 G Wes Martin
      o   No. 86 TE Jordan Reed
      o   No. 93 DT Jonathan Allen

The Cowboys declared the following players as inactive:
      o   No. 10 WR Tavon Austin
      o   No. 37 S Donovan Wilson
      o   No. 57 LB Luke Gifford
      o   No. 61 C Adam Redmond
      o   No. 69 G Brandon Knight
      o   No. 79 DT Trysten Hill
      o   No. 97 DE Taco Charlton

Follow along in-game at Twitter @Skinscast 

JimmiJo

Head coach Jay Gruden said it is not time to press the panic button when asked if staff changes could occur on the defensive coaching staff. It may not be for him, but he might want to pay attention to the sounds coming from the owners suite at Redskins Park.

For example the sound of shouting and heavy objects striking walls could portend an early offseason for someone.

The Washington Redskins are now 0-2 to start the season. They are 0-2 in the division.

If that is not panic-inducing, they face a Chicago Bears football team (themselves in need of a solid win) on Monday Night Football next. A series they do not typically do well on.

In both games to open the campaign the winning teams had the game well in hand at the start of the fourth quarter, despite Washington taking leads in each of the games.

Against Dallas, the team began well again; taking a 7-0 lead into the second quarter. This was not quite the 17-0 start they had in Philadelphia. Nor did it take until halftime for the Cowboys to adjust.

It happened on Dallas’ fourth drive. Starting at their own 3-yard line at 9:44 in the 2nd period, the Cowboys employed a combination of runs up the middle and quick outs in the flats and sideline to advance the ball 97-yards in 7 plays and tie the game.

Following a three-and-out by Washington, Dallas went 74-yards on 11-plays to take the 14-7 lead at halftime.

The 3rd Quarter began with the Cowboys receiving the ball at their own 25. Nine plays  and 75-yards later they were leading 21-7.

The Redskins made it interesting with their own 11-play, 70-yard drive to cut he lead to 7.

But Dallas responded with a field goal. And would add another touchdown in the fourth quarter to extend the lead to 17.

Washington’s consolation score with just under 3-minutes remaining allowed rookie Terry McLaurin to add a touchdown to his debut season.

The Redskins have developed a reputation for not responding well to adjustments. They had little answer for the adjustments Dallas made to their offense. Ditto the game in Philadelphia.

In both, Washington had a lead to protect and could not.

Coming into the season the defense was expected to the be the strength of the team. Yet in two games they have surrendered 910 yards (445 per game) and 63 points. Not exactly setting the world on fire.

Statistically the Redskins defense are near the bottom in points allowed and yards surrendered.

The coach wants to blame injuries. Not only the their excellent young nose tackle in Jonathan Allen, but also to the secondary which has already gone significant realignment to accommodate injuries to Quinton Dunbar and Fabian Moreau.

Still, with the specter of a season going off the rails after only two games, the fans want someone to blame.

Wont be the quarterback. Case Keenum has completed 68.2 percent of his passes. He has thrown 3 touchdowns against no interceptions.
      Ditto other skill positions. Adrian Peterson did not his best outing but the team abandoned the run early. The receivers are doling their own, with guys like McLaurin shining.

And as bad as the collapse was last week and the home loss this, it feels too early to call for the head coach.

That leaves those in charge of the defense. Specifically, Defensive Coordinator Greg Manusky.

Fan ire seems more and more to be falling on Manusky, if sentiment on twitter and sports radio means anything.

But they don’t decide who stays and who leaves. That is the job of the head coach who so far, is backing his guy.

But there is a higher authority at Redskins Park. Legend has it owner Daniel Snyder once put a gallon of vanilla ice cream outside a Redskins defensive coordinator’s door following a poor performance by the defense.  

Given the start to this season, Manusky could be hearing the ice cream truck in his sleep. And that would be better than what many of the fans are wishing for him.

Rdskns2000

Presidential Election 2020 - Baby Sharpie vs Batwoman or Batman

Just now, PleaseBlitz said:

I think that is very well stated, and I agree with you completely.  

I think he's full of **** and we ought to make fun of him

(i don't really know anything about what he said but we could still make fun of him)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jumbo said:

i know less about this than buzz. basically i support massive tax increases for people with nicer cars than me.

Good one boss, need another beer?

I love seeing a conversation discussing alterations to taxation, etc., it is heartening that y'all are hopeful enough to believe that we will survive long enough for that to matter, but I have a different tack. Not to wander too far OT, but I'd like see a candidate, SOMEONE, come out and say that before we start promising stuff to anyone and even before we start taking a bigger bite of others that we are going to root out actual waste and corruption. Claw back the ungodly millions that have been pilfered by people abusing Medicare payments, and I mean corporations whose entire business model is scamming the system. Go out and recover unpaid taxes, which again are disproportionately owed by wealthy individuals and corporations, and do something about the offshore tax havens that people use to hide money and avoid taxes. Clean up the house before you start picking out colors of new paint.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

I just hope we can all realize that the 10k SALT deduction limit is a giant ****ing problem for anyone who lives in a progressive state. **** the GOP for using this to pay for the 1% tax reductions.

Well next time you'll know better and vote for Trump so he doesn't **** you over.  #MAGA.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, LD0506 said:

that we are going to root out actual waste and corruption.

well you obviously DON'T need another beer.

in an attempt to get even more OT, does anyone else get a laugh looking at the screen names when you are tagging someone.  I was tagging Jumbo and right below his name is a screen name "Jumbo in his Anus"     hahahaha

2 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

well you obviously DON'T need another beer.

in an attempt to get even more OT, does anyone else get a laugh looking at the screen names when you are tagging someone.  I was tagging Jumbo and right below his name is a screen name "Jumbo in his Anus"     hahahaha

i'm not responsible for the dreams of others

11 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

Good one boss, need another beer?

I love seeing a conversation discussing alterations to taxation, etc., it is heartening that y'all are hopeful enough to believe that we will survive long enough for that to matter, but I have a different tack. Not to wander too far OT, but I'd like see a candidate, SOMEONE, come out and say that before we start promising stuff to anyone and even before we start taking a bigger bite of others that we are going to root out actual waste and corruption. Claw back the ungodly millions that have been pilfered by people abusing Medicare payments, and I mean corporations whose entire business model is scamming the system. Go out and recover unpaid taxes, which again are disproportionately owed by wealthy individuals and corporations, and do something about the offshore tax havens that people use to hide money and avoid taxes. Clean up the house before you start picking out colors of new paint.

Given that this is the 2020 Presidential Election thread, I would really love for a candidate to base their candidacy on 3 things:

1. Security - Securing our borders from Russian influence, punishing the **** out of Russia for doing it, reengaging with our traditional allies and trade partners to reassert America's place in atop the global order.
  2. Social Equality - This would cover criminal justice reform, voting rights/gerrymandering, workplace discrimination, education (meaning improving public schools and revamping how we pay for college) and election finance reform/Citizen's United. 
  3. Economic Welfare - Taxes (as noted above, increasing them on the very wealthy), healthcare (more of it), consumer protection (more of it), infrastructure ($1 trillion).  
Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, superozman said:

..... Also can there be "too many" candidates, meaning could there be so many candidates that it actually helps the Republicans?

I think the 2016 Republican Primaries showed there can be too many candidates.  Whether to many candidates helps the Republicans remains to be seen (Dems certainly thought it helped them in 2016)  but it could certainly hurt the Democrats.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

3, what all the candidates in the Dem primary will be discussing is how to increase taxes on the very wealthy, because taxes on the very wealthy have steadily declined from a 91% top marginal tax rate in the 1950s to a 37% top bracket now

How are you defining wealthy?

specifically at what household income for a 2 income family are you asking for rates to be higher? I’m not asking for a full breakdown just a simple “200k and above needs to pay more” sort of thing. 

The problem I’ve always had with the left on these discussions is they use terms like rich, wealthy, etc. when real numbers start getting used I realize we have very different definitions of those terms. 

Like Clinton during her campaign said over 150k income didn’t need help with college or something which is ****ing dumb and shows how out of touch she is (and most very wealthy people are)

Edited by tshile

32 minutes ago, nonniey said:

I think the 2016 Republican Primaries showed there can be too many candidates.  Whether to many candidates helps the Republicans remains to be seen (Dems certainly thought it helped them in 2016)  but it could certainly hurt the Democrats.

Especially if the end goal is defeating trump. 

I think its entirely likely they will need a specific type of person to defeat him, and I don’t know that a large primary will let that person get through to the general. 

Honestly I've been assuming Schultz is just in it to get attention and sell his book.  I think everyone's giving him way too much attention, considering it seems like everyone hates him.

That said....

1 minute ago, visionary said:

Honestly I've been assuming Schultz is just in it to get attention and sell his book.  I think everyone's giving him way too much attention, considering it seems like everyone hates him.....

I don't hate him. He may give me an option to vote for (Certainly not voting for Trump or any of the current Dems).

44 minutes ago, tshile said:

How are you defining wealthy?

Im talking about the top 0.1%. People that make over $1 million a year. 

• Thanks 1

Schultz says he has no intention of playing spoiler but let's say he follows through with running and is polling around 10-15% of the vote.  That means he has zero chance of winning but as a 3rd party candidate it would considered a high amount.  What does he do in that scenario?  He has said already he is a life long Democrat, so even at 10-15% polling, it gives him zero chance to win, instead it gives Trump 100% odds to be re-elected.

What will his priority be?

Also, how quickly will he drop out of the race so that his supporters can re-assimilate into the general voting block and we don't have a bunch of bitter Schultz-ies staying home on election day out of spite.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

What will his priority be?

His billions. If it's looking in jeopardy he'll stick it out.

2 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Given that this is the 2020 Presidential Election thread, I would really love for a candidate to base their candidacy on 3 things:

1. Security - Securing our borders from Russian influence, punishing the **** out of Russia for doing it, reengaging with our traditional allies and trade partners to reassert America's place in atop the global order.
  2. Social Equality - This would cover criminal justice reform, voting rights/gerrymandering, workplace discrimination, education (meaning improving public schools and revamping how we pay for college) and election finance reform/Citizen's United. 
  3. Economic Welfare - Taxes (as noted above, increasing them on the very wealthy), healthcare (more of it), consumer protection (more of it), infrastructure ($1 trillion).  

PleaseBlitz 2020

1 hour ago, nonniey said:

Certainly not voting for Trump

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c50d499684c33336b

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Jumbo said:

I think he's full of **** and we ought to make fun of him

(i don't really know anything about what he said but we could still make fun of him)

This is the first post on the page I jumped to so I’ll have to go back and see who it is and what he said but I’m in agreement.

edit: ok I read it. Can you imagine how tiny of a penis someone would have to have to conjure up such deep thoughts on taxes? Not just short, but thin too. We’re talking like a shih tzu’s penis. One that the other shih tzu’s all point and laugh at after gym class. Shih tzus are assholes.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff

2 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I was tagging Jumbo and right below his name is a screen name "Jumbo in his Anus"     hahahaha

You have to close those other tabs when you’re done.

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

His billions. If it's looking in jeopardy he'll stick it out.

Yep. Gotta protect the legacy. 

What's really happened ta Tusli Gaabard? She became an absolute trainwreck.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, clietas said:

What's really happened ta Tusli Gaabard? She became an absolute trainwreck.

I think she was always a trainwreck, but she invited scrutiny by saying she wants to be President. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, PleaseBlitz said:

I think she was always a trainwreck, but she invited scrutiny by saying she wants to be President. 

I guess. She doesn't even seem to be a functional human anymore tho.

• Haha 1