Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

perfect. Now she just needs to go ahead and grab Beto for VP and she will plow right through the primaries and into 2020.

Her CA AG days could hurt her among progressives.

Beto is already drawing the ire of some progressives, particularly the Sandinistas.

for quite awhile kamala harris has held most positive interest from me among the potential candidates, followed by klobuchar and maybe brown...

i liked the way she rolled out her bid so far---give her a high score...and i think the "for the people" slogan is a killer one

pick the right veep and i think that has serious potential---imo brown would be one strong option if he'd do it; same with amy

i have much less interest, if any, in beto, biden, booker, or most of the others of the top of my head

i think harris/castro could be a strong ticket but maybe too soon for that, sadly....i think there are still too many...traditional....caucasions for that much color and having  the name castro included would overwhelm

now harris/obama(m) heh heh heh......imagine that....

6 hours ago, No Excuses said:

Still waiting for Beto’s announcement. 

In the current field, my vote goes to no one. Maybe Liz Warren but I would rather see her running DoJ as a white collar criminal hunter or at CFPB. 

Don't think there's any jobs with those descriptions right now.  

1 hour ago, Jumbo said:

and i think the "for the people" slogan is a killer one

Around here, that slogan has been the possession of one of the local ambulance chasers for the last 20 years.  

i had thought maybe biden running with harris as veep IF it was cleary promised by joe that he would only serve one term (which has been the chatter anyway) with a declared plan being harris running for potus in 24 with joe's support ...but....i dunno...

8 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Her CA AG days could hurt her among progressives.

Beto is already drawing the ire of some progressives, particularly the Sandinistas.

Every Democrat but the looniest will draw the ire of the hardcore Sandinistas. 

Any Dem who has worked in national security, law enforcement or the private sector is a phony to the hard left. They also barely make up the Dem electorate so I’m not too worried about their nutty views. 

1 hour ago, visionary said:

Uh, Bill?

I'm pretty sure that for Supreme Court nominees, a Senate confirmation vote (in which senators are allowed to vote "no". Based solely on whether said senator believes the nominee deserves a lifetime appointment to the Supreme Court.) is due process. 

24 minutes ago, Larry said:

Uh, Bill?

I'm pretty sure that for Supreme Court nominees, a Senate confirmation vote (in which senators are allowed to vote "no". Based solely on whether said senator believes the nominee deserves a lifetime appointment to the Supreme Court.) is due process. 

Didn't he lose his job because of his lack of understanding the word "no"?

when we play "nominate a tailgate reg for pres" game i could see the first married tandem

buzz and his greater wife

buzz obviously at veep

when i first saw his screen name i wondered if he might be some 45 year old stoner who would quote the dude a lot---now i figure it's about his haircut

19 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

when we play "nominate a tailgate reg for pres" game i could see the first married tandem

buzz obviously at veep

when i first saw his screen name i wondered if he might be some 45 year old stoner who would quote the dude a lot---now i figure it's about his haircut

Is there anyone here that didn’t have a similar thought? 

26 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

buzz obviously at veep

Love it! Though more logically, he'd be POTUS and I'd be the CoS actually getting stuff done.

Same way with fantasy leagues....he may be the owner, but I GM....and he wins more. 😛

On 8/25/2017 at 5:17 PM, Rdskns2000 said:

Announced 2020 Presidential Candidates

1/20/17-  Donald J Trump filed for reelection on the day of his inauguration.

7/28/17- MD Rep. John Delaney 

11/11/18- WV State Senator Richard Ojeda 

12/31/18- MA Senator Elizabeth Warren 

1/11/19- HI Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard

1/12/19- Former San Antonio Mayor/ US HUD Secretary Julian Castro

1/15/19- NY Senator Kirsten Gillibrand

1/21/19- CA Senator Kamala Harris

Just some early thoughts on the current candidates.

Donald Trump - A lock to be the GOP nominee and it's still 50-50 he gets reelected, at this time.

John Delaney -  He's going nowhere but he's got money, so he could hang around until the early primaries/caucuses.

Richard Ojeda - He's going nowhere but he could bring attention to some issues and maybe help appeal to the rare Trump voter that regretted their vote for Trump.

Elizabeth Warren - A legit contender but that native american fiasco hurts her.  I don't think she matches up well against Trump in a general election.  Any other opponent and she would have a legit shot of winning.

Tulsi Gabbard - She can't escape her past views.  I think she will probably be the first candidate to drop out. Probably, gone before the first debate in June.

Julian Castro - Running for Veep. I don't think he can beat the heavy weights.  

Kirsten Gillibrand -  The Me Too hero, stll has people upset at her for taking out Al Franken. Her blue bog past, won't play well in a Democratic primary.  I don't think she will go far. Maybe make it to when the voting starts, but will be gone after the early states vote.

Kamala Harris - Her CA AG days will trouble some but she's definitely a contender.  She's already got ahead of some of the other Californians thinking about running.  She could be a veep, if she doesn't get the nomination.  Will have to see her, to see if she could go; toe to toe with Trump.

I think AOC has become the new bogeywoman for the right.  (I personally don't have strong feelings for her either way).  I think the right is afraid that after tribal party identity, GOP platform is appealing to less and less of the population at large.  

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/403248-poll-seventy-percent-of-americans-support-medicare-for-all

70 percent — of Americans in a new poll supports "Medicare for all," also known as a single-payer health-care system.

The Reuters–Ipsos survey found 85 percent of Democrats said they support the policy along with 52 percent of Republicans.

The new Reuters poll also showed that a majority of Americans supports free college tuition. Forty-one percent of Republicans said they supported the policy, pollsters found, compared with 79 percent of Democrats.

Politics have become a game of wedging the voters into voting against the other party rather than voting for your policies.  Rather than trying to convince the voters on why medicare for all or single payer system is bad, they are resorting to "If [insert evil liberal politician du jour] is for it, it must be evil" tactic.  AOC is just the latest evil pol du jour.  

Not that it was her idea to begin with, but it certainly got attention when she mentioned a 70% marginal tax rate on annual income over $10 million.  

Many Republicans **** themselves and said it proved both how radical and dumb AOC is.

Except most Americans support it.  https://thehill.com/hilltv/what-americas-thinking/425422-a-majority-of-americans-support-raising-the-top-tax-rate-to-70

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) and her Republican critics have both called her proposal to dramatically increase America's highest tax rate "radical" but a new poll released Tuesday indicates that a majority of Americans agrees with the idea.

In the latest The Hill-HarrisX survey — conducted Jan. 12 and 13 after the newly elected congresswoman called for the U.S. to raise its highest tax rate to 70 percent — a sizable majority of registered voters, 59 percent, supports the concept.

Anyways, "would consider" and "would vote for" are not close to the same thing.  I "considered" Tulsi Gabbard for about 5 minutes, until I figured out who she was.  

Archived