Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

8 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Because we'd like to return some dignity to presidential campaigns, candidates and their presidency. 

You know, tbh I actually didn't think about him being a gay male when I made the joke. 

Ok..how about a Booty Judge t-shirt then? I believe he's said that a way to remember how to say his name. 😁

Edit..I like the dude and truly think/hope he's a rising star in the Democratic Party. Not sure if he's ready for the VP gig though. But it's not like Pence does anything. 

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

You know, tbh I actually didn't think about him being a gay male when I made the joke. 

I actually didn’t either until now. I was speaking more I guess of a maturity level, I’d rather my presidential candidates not run I Love Butt signs. I get the play on his name but I’d like to elevate the position and it’s candidates to the esteem it once had 

2 minutes ago, Forehead said:

If he's the nominee, you know where it will come from.  Probably by tweet, and probably with several innuendos.

Yep, and the horde will graduate to President Buttf***, will be Obama level racist memes and email chains but with homophobic attacks instead

5 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

This is a compromise based on politics instead of the right thing to do.  There are several territories that get treated like this or worse from the simple standpoint that if they did have proper representation they'd be blue. 

Let's be real, if DC was majority red, DC statehood would be a GOP bumpersticker.  The whole not a state is nonsense when you consider every state was at one point not a state, the flag has 13 stripes for original colonies and 50 stars for what eventually became 50 states.

And for people mad (not saying you) about having to add more stars, no we dont, and the flag disnt always have 50 nor did we add a new star with every state.  There are more excuses then reasons not to give DC statehood at this point, has been for a while now.

I was just reading about Eleanor Holmes Norton's plan, which is to shrink "D.C" to a small enclave around the  Mall including the White House, Capitol, etc. and then the rest woudl be called Washignton, Douglass Commonwealth" which would be the 51st state.

I guess my question is why does it have to be a new state?  Why not return it to Maryland like Arlington was returned to Virginia?

26 minutes ago, DCSaints_fan said:

I was just reading about Eleanor Holmes Norton's plan, which is to shrink "D.C" to a small enclave around the  Mall including the White House, Capitol, etc. and then the rest woudl be called Washignton, Douglass Commonwealth" which would be the 51st state.

I guess my question is why does it have to be a new state?  Why not return it to Maryland like Arlington was returned to Virginia?

Just return it to MD.

1 hour ago, DCSaints_fan said:

Because DC is not Maryland anymore, that was almost 200 years ago what you are talking about.  DC has priorities and demographics that are different then the state of Maryland as a whole, keep in mind a big part of this is just not wanting congress to get in the way over nearly everything they want to do. 

DC has a bigger population then at least two states, I dont agree with Norton's plan, nor see the need for a name change, other states have federal land in them as well.  This is about having more control over their own situation and fair representation, why not jus give it to them?  I keep hearing "why should we" in response to "why shouldnt we", who exactly does this harm doing this?  

1 hour ago, DCSaints_fan said:

Apart from "to benefit Republicans" why do we need to merge it into another state rather than give it it's own statehood?

Should we just merge the entire Eastern seaboard into one state and create a North, South, West, East and Central Wyoming just to make sure that the shrinking white proportion of the country continues to wield outsized power?

She wants Congress to fulfill the constitutional duties they were elected to do and hold an incredibly corrupt and criminal president accountable.

It’s weird how easy it is to make decisions when you simply are beholden to an actual set of principles and values determining right and wrong compared to being just a partisan hack...like, you know, you. 

38 minutes ago, Forehead said:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/progressive-revolt-against-arizonas-kyrsten-090010912.html

This is one of my biggest concerns about the Bernie-AOC wing, that they'll take it too far and it will backfire.  Note, I have no idea who this author is, or her general political leanings.

Then they will take it to far.  One thing progressives don't understand, they aren't a majority; not even in the Democratic party.

They want 100% adherence to their points of view. If you aren't 100% in, then you must go. That maybe fine in Bernie's Vermont or AOC's district but won't do a thing in places like Arizona or Texas, etc..

I see a coming split in the Democratic party.

Archived