Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

4 minutes ago, Larry said:

Well, that rules out Biden for me.  

I mean, he went to a basement-dwelling candidate who has no chance, talked to him about his policy proposals, and decided that he liked one of the proposals.  (At least parts of it.)

Warren did the same with her climate policy which is Inslee’s that she’s just tweaked a bit 

“You go to the rallies, and he basically tells you that you don’t have to put up with ‘the swamp’ and those kinds of people,” said Saundra Kiczenski, a 40-year-old Walmart worker from Michigan who has been to 29 rallies. “Because of him I decided not to pay for Obamacare, not pay the fine. And what happened? Nothing. Before, the quiet me would have paid the fine. But Donald Trump told me that we have a voice, and now I stand up for myself.”

40 year old Walmart employee really sticking it to the libs by going without health insurance.

Biden is going to walk us right off a cliff as the nominee. We have to get this right, as a country we simply can’t afford four more

years of Trump and we need somebody that can increase turnout and push us into another wave-like election turnout to help us in the senate.

Biden is simply not that person and we are doomed with him at the ticket 

2 hours ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Not that he's really wrong, but statements like that are pretty clearly from a candidate in desperation mode.

He's right but he won't be the one.  The nominee is Elizabeth Warren.

Looks like the 4th debate in October will be 2 debates, as Tom Steyer said he has qualified for the October debate.

Billionaire Tom Steyer clears hurdle to join U.S. Democratic debate in October

Yeah, I was about to post a link tot eh YouGv poll.Interesting numbers. They estimate, as of now, thru Super Tuesday the delegate totals would be:

Biden 600

Warren 545

Sanders 286

Beto at 34 would be next.

Of course, this model would suppose a fairly static race from here. If Biden loses Iowa, or indeed loses the first three states, as is very possible, it wouldn't take a massive loss of momentum for him to be a good deal behind after Super Tuesday. 

This goes to something else I've been pointing out to people- while the pundit line is basically "the race shifts south after Nevada" and thus would help Biden, that's simplistic and not really true. Texas and Virginia aren't really Sothern states, demographically speaking. On Super Tuesday, California and Texas will represent about three times as many delegates as the states that count as traditional Southern (North Carolina, Alabama, Arkansas, Tennessee) while Sanders takes Vermont off the board and Warren should win in Massachusetts, and looks strong in Minnesota and Oklahoma. She also seems to be slipping into the lead in Cali, and Virginia seems more likely to shift towards Sanders and Warren.

In other words, just counting on the southern black vote to put this race away (as it basically did for Clinton), isn't really the magic bullet Biden needs.

Archived