• Blog Entries

    • By Destino in ES Coverage
         1
      We’re still doing this?  Absolutely!  Despite all the compelling reasons to just let everyone go home and enjoy and extended offseason, this is not an option.  The games must be played, and therefore we the long-suffering fans will feel compelled to watch.  Even games no reasonable football fan would choose to watch like, for example, today’s Redskins Jets game.   

      Today’s convergence of sadness features the 30th ranked scoring offense (Jets 14.4 ppg) versus the 32nd (Redskins 12.0 ppg).  The first team to 15 wins!  With no playoff aspirations the compelling story lines for this game are largely limited to watching young players (hopefully) develop.  Dwayne Haskins gets his first home start and Derrius Guice is back from injury.   
       
      My, reasonable, goals for today’s game:  
      1- Score a touchdown 
      2- Score more than 17 points.   
      3- Haskins throws for 200 yards or more with no interceptions  
      4- Guice runs the ball at least 10 times and finishes at 3.5 yards per carry and healthy.  
       
      Hoping for a win at this point feels like setting myself up for disappointment, so I’m happy to settle for an entertaining loss.  
       
      Special thanks to @pez for some excellent Guinness beef stew.  If you absolutely have to stand in a frozen parking lot at 9am, the best place to do it is at the Extremeskins Tailgate with Pez and @Huly.  Great fans, great people. 
       
      The Redskins have declared for the following players as inactive: 
      Paul Richardson  
      Colt McCoy 
      Deshazor Everett 
      Chris Thompson  
      Ross Pierschbacher 
      Vernon Davis  
      Tim Settle  
       
      The Jets declared the following players as inactive  
      Nate Hairston  
      Darryl Roberts  
      Paul Worrilow 
      Matthias Farley  
      CJ Mosley  
      Jordan Willis  
      Leo Koloamatangi 
       
      1st Quarter - Redskins 0 - 6 Jets
      If you wanted to sit in the cold and watch a football game with some Jets fans at FedEx, but were worried that there were not enough seats available, I have good news.  There’s plenty of space available, so come on down and prove you’re a real fan by sitting though this in person.
       
      Jets dominated the 1st quarter even though they only scored 6 points.  The reason being that Washington managed only 13 yards of offense and a single first down.  
       
      Question: Is it still a check down pass if the QB never looks at anyone else?
       
      2nd Quarter - Redskins 3 - 20 Jets
      The Jets have achieved an insurmountable 13 point lead early in the 2nd quarter.  All hope is lost.

      Is there a more perfect example of the Redskins offense than their first scoring drive in the 2nd quarter?  Interception gives the Redskins the ball on the Jets 16 yard line.  They proceed to march 10 yards backwards before kicking a field goal from the Jets 26.  It's perfect.  Two or three more field goals we can call it a day. 

      The Jets score again and if feels like they are are just piling on at this point.  Three touchdowns in the first half for them, just three points for the redskins.  Our streak of no touchdowns has now extended to 15 quarters. 
       
      3rd Quarter - Redskins 3 - 20 Jets
      There is a spider slowly descending from the ceiling in the press box and it's the most interesting thing that's happened during the third quarter of this game. 
       
      I have decided to allow the spider to live, provided it does not touch me.  I'm off to get some more caffeine. 

      4th Quarter - Redskins 17 - 34 Jets
      The first wave of Redskins fans, the few that are here, started streaming towards the exits after that 4th Jets touchdown.  As if the Jets didn't have this game wrapped up in the 2nd quarter. 
       
      Jet have now more than doubled their average points per game and have matched their season high of 34 points (and they missed two field goals in this game). 
       
      TOUCHDOWN REDSKINS!  THE DROUGHT IT OVER!  Guice took a short pass from Haskins  all the way to the house.  2 point conversion is successful on a pass from Haskins to Quinn. 
       
      The Redskins score another touchdown!  This feels like an embarrassment of riches, even if we are still certain to lose this game. 
       
      End of Game.
       
      Let's review those reasonable goals I mentioned earlier:
       
      1- Success.
      2- Close enough, I'm counting it
      3- Haskins did throw for over 200, but unfortunately did have an interception. 
      4- Guice was not given the opportunity to run the ball ten times today.  He did however score on a 45 yard TD pass and finish the game healthy.  I'll take it.
       
      Even though the Redskins lost, it was good to see the offense show some faint signs of life and end the streak of games without a TD.  The team looked competitive for much of the second half, and perhaps they could have made this a fun game if they carried that same energy throughout.  It was good to see Guice and Mclaurin show out today.  I think both of them have a future with this team that I look forward to seeing. 

       
       

       
       
       
       
       
Rdskns2000

Presidential Election :11/3/2020- Trump the Impeached vs Superplanner Lizzie & some other Dems

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

 


 

Quote

                       Total

Biden                32%    15%    29%    41%    32%    32%    30%    46%    29%    30%
Sanders            15     22     18     10     19     12     14     10      9     19
O'Rourke           1      -      2      1      2      1      2      -      2      1
Harris                7     12      7      5      6      7      7      7     11      3
Warren              19     34     23     13     18     20     23     10     25     20
Booker               1      3      -      1      1      2      1      3      1      2
Gillibrand            -      -      -      -      -      -      -      -      -      -
Klobuchar          1      -      1      1      -      1      1      -      2      -
Castro                -      1      1      -      -      1      1      -      1      1
Gabbard             1      3      -      1      2      1      1      1      1      2
Delaney               -      -      -      -      -      -      -      -      -      -
Buttigieg            5      5      6      5      7      3      7      -      7      6
Yang                   3      1      4      3      2      3      2      -      2      3
Williamson        1      -      -      1      1      -      1      -      -      1
Messam             -      -      -      -      -      -      -      -      -      -
Ryan                    -      -      -      -      -      -      -      -      -      -
Bennet                1      -      -      2      1      1      1      3      -      1
Bullock               1      -      -      1      -      1      1      -      1      1
de Blasio            1      -      -      1      1      1      1      -      -      1
Sestak                  -      -      -      -      -      -      -      -      -      -
Steyer                   -      -  

 

Edited by visionary
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, No Excuses said:

 

This a really bad reading of what I’m saying. Words have to be matched by actions and someone willing to disavow their racist past, while also demonstrating that they will work towards making society better and more civil, then by all means they should have a path to redemption.

Yeah, I get you're saying that. But you're saying it int he context of a lifelong racist who suddenly said "sorry, and by the way vote for me because I'm better now"

 

 

 

 

I was expecting an early dropout from Gillibrand. She's not one of these candidates who was trying to get her name in the papers or stroke her ego. She's a national figure and got in this thing thinking she could win, or at least come close. She's gone nowhere and at some point it's less embarrassing to admit you couldn't get your campaign off the ground than it is to be the crazy lady going around saying "here's what I'll do as President" when you can't get on debate stage or come close to people like Andrew Yang in the polls.

Edited by Rufus T Firefly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

 

 

 

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2020/president/us/2020_democratic_presidential_nomination-6730.html

Poll Date
Biden
Sanders
Warren
Harris
Buttigieg
Yang
Booker
O'Rourke
Gabbard
Castro
Klobuchar
Bullock
Williamson
Spread
RCP Average 8/15 - 8/27 28.9 17.1 16.5 7.0 4.6 2.5 2.4 2.4 1.4 1.1 0.9 0.8 0.8 Biden +11.8
Economist/YouGov 8/24 - 8/27 25 14 21 8 5 2 2 2 2 1 1 1 1 Biden +4
Emerson 8/24 - 8/26 31 24 15 10 3 4 3 3 3 1 1 0 0 Biden +7
Quinnipiac 8/21 - 8/26 32 15 19 7 5 3 1 1 1 0 1 1 1 Biden +13
The Hill/HarrisX 8/23 - 8/24 30 17 14 4 4 2 2 3 1 1 1 2 1 Biden +13
USA Today/Suffolk 8/20 - 8/25 32 12 14 6 6 3 2 2 0 1 0 0 0 Biden +18
Politico/Morning Consult 8/19 - 8/25 33 20 15 8 5 2 3 3 1 1 1 1 1 Biden +13
Monmouth 8/16 - 8/20 19 20 20 8 4 3 4 2 1 2 1 0 2 Tie
CNN 8/15 - 8/18 29 15 14 5 5 1 2 3 2 2 1 1 0 Biden +14
Edited by visionary
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, visionary said:

 

These no hope candidates need to drop out also but they won't; at least until after the October debate deadline; since some of those on the cusp of qualifying ,  will have more time to do so for October.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right because if you hate bad business deals, Biden is definitely the candidate you should focused on running ads against?????

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Susan Sarandon quoting Michael Tracey in support of Tulsi Gabbard. We almost have dumb "left" bingo with that. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Oh yeah, Varney. The "I'm British, so you have to take me serious" hack on Fax. 

 

Joe Walsh straight up gives him an example of a lie. And Varney refuses to acknowledge it as a lie, then wants another example.  Sheesh.

 

----------------------------------

 

It's simply astonishing that after 4 years of Trump, Susan Sarandon is going to stick with her "Unless the Democrat I personally want nominated gets it....." attitude as if any of the nominees are anywhere close to the scumbag in chief. 

Edited by NoCalMike
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/28/2019 at 8:01 PM, Rdskns2000 said:

These no hope candidates need to drop out also but they won't; at least until after the October debate deadline; since some of those on the cusp of qualifying ,  will have more time to do so for October.

The problem is you seem to talk as if candidates just need to have an "I could have had a V-8!" moment of realizing they won't be President and then they'll drop out. We still have two declared candidates who haven't qualified for a single debate, plus the Hippy Dippy Weather Lady. Those and a coupe of others never had a shot, or, even if they thought they might be able to catch a miracle wave, the chances of that have long since passed. 

 

So, right now you have group A- the 10 candidates who have made the debate, probably will the next one (Gabbard and Steyer) and my guess is Bullock still thinks  he has a legit shot to get there.

Group B is the semi-serious candidates who have no shot of getting into any more debates- Ryan, de Blasio, Delaney, Bennet.

Group C are the not really serious candidates- Williamson, Sestak, Messam.

 

So, it's possible someone from A could drop put, obviously Bullock if he can't make the October debates is a possibility, or someone who's making the debates but actually wanted to be President and will realize this is going nowhere (Klobuchar fits this profile). But the smart money says none of these candidates drop out soon. C who knows? Any of them could bow out tomorrow or any of them could technically be 'still running' in June. No way to predict how, when or why any of them cash it in.

 

Group C is where logic would tell us a dropout is likely. de Blasio, frankly seems like a guy who believes he deserves the national stage and also doesn't;t seem to have anything to lose (ie, it's not like he has a bright future ahead of him to jeopardize), so my guess is he's in it for a while. Ryan could go, but he really seems to really believe he's the gu who can "save" the party in 2020, and he's been trying to raise his national profile for a while, so he might  want to stay in for now.

 

The smart money, I'd say, goes on Bennet and Delaney to be next. Bennet, in particular, is a Senator of some respect who is in danger of making himself a laughingstock. I'm not entirely sure what he ever hoped to gain by this run, but it's nothing but an embarrassment for him going forward. Delaney is just wasting his own money at this point, has nothing going on even though he was one of the first to declare and has already had reports of his staff telling him it's time to quit.

 

That's my two pennies worth. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote
Brad Parscale and his wife both insist their arrangement is legitimate and that there is no coordination.
"This is a perfectly legal and appropriate arrangement, which is firewalled, with zero chance for coordination," he said in a statement. "There could not possibly be coordination because the ads placed were for other candidates in the 2018 midterms. Everything is in FEC compliance."
Still, experts in federal election law consulted by CNN say the appearance of a connection between the President's main super PAC and a firm set up by his campaign manager's spouse that handles political ads walks right up to the line.

 

"When we're in bed, we're strictly fornicating. No coordination"

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

The problem is you seem to talk as if candidates just need to have an "I could have had a V-8!" moment of realizing they won't be President and then they'll drop out. We still have two declared candidates who haven't qualified for a single debate, plus the Hippy Dippy Weather Lady. Those and a coupe of others never had a shot, or, even if they thought they might be able to catch a miracle wave, the chances of that have long since passed. 

 

So, right now you have group A- the 10 candidates who have made the debate, probably will the next one (Gabbard and Steyer) and my guess is Bullock still thinks  he has a legit shot to get there.

Group B is the semi-serious candidates who have no shot of getting into any more debates- Ryan, de Blasio, Delaney, Bennet.

Group C are the not really serious candidates- Williamson, Sestak, Messam.

 

So, it's possible someone from A could drop put, obviously Bullock if he can't make the October debates is a possibility, or someone who's making the debates but actually wanted to be President and will realize this is going nowhere (Klobuchar fits this profile). But the smart money says none of these candidates drop out soon. C who knows? Any of them could bow out tomorrow or any of them could technically be 'still running' in June. No way to predict how, when or why any of them cash it in.

 

Group C is where logic would tell us a dropout is likely. de Blasio, frankly seems like a guy who believes he deserves the national stage and also doesn't;t seem to have anything to lose (ie, it's not like he has a bright future ahead of him to jeopardize), so my guess is he's in it for a while. Ryan could go, but he really seems to really believe he's the gu who can "save" the party in 2020, and he's been trying to raise his national profile for a while, so he might  want to stay in for now.

 

The smart money, I'd say, goes on Bennet and Delaney to be next. Bennet, in particular, is a Senator of some respect who is in danger of making himself a laughingstock. I'm not entirely sure what he ever hoped to gain by this run, but it's nothing but an embarrassment for him going forward. Delaney is just wasting his own money at this point, has nothing going on even though he was one of the first to declare and has already had reports of his staff telling him it's time to quit.

 

That's my two pennies worth. 

Delany has money and it sounds like he plans on staying in, until Iowa. He was on Hardball tonight & he doesn't sound like someone planning to quit soon.  It's his money to waste. 

The practical matter is, many of these candidates won't be able to raise money to mount a serious campaign.  If you want to really have a chance, you need to have your organization built up in the early states and even make a presence for those March 3 Super Tuesday states.  There aren't too many candidates who will be able to do that; so as a practical matter many of those lower tier candidates won't have the money to hang around to much longer.

 

I think Bullock, Ryan, Delaney & Bennett are hoping Joe Biden implodes soon and they can pick up the pieces in the moderate lane.  I think day by day, Joe Biden is showing he's not mentally there anymore. He's not up to the task.  The next debate- he's going to be the #1 target.  He will be surround by Warren and Sanders on each side and you know Booker & Harris will take their shots at him also.   I think when Biden implodes, his support will just go to the likely democratic nominee. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most candidates drop out when the money starts to dry up, not due to poll numbers, so I would imagine the wealthier candidates will try to stick around until a handful of candidates drop out, hoping it increases their face time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Delany has money and it sounds like he plans on staying in, until Iowa. He was on Hardball tonight & he doesn't sound like someone planning to quit soon.  It's his money to waste. 

I am not telling you who is going to drop out or not,  just looking at where I think the logic leads, with the caveat that some of these people's motivation are impossible to ascertain and we can't get inside anyone's head.

 

That said, two days before she dropped out, I heard an interview with Gillibrand where she used the phrase "When I'm President-" a lot. The point being, no one "sounds lie they are planning to quit" until they quit.

 

2 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

 I think when Biden implodes, his support will just go to the likely democratic nominee. 

If, say, he dropped out next week, I would guess his voters would disperse somewhat close to evenly among the top contenders, and a smaller number to some lower-tier guys. I think it might help Bernie a little as he's the best known and a lot of people really equate "white guy" with "electable". 

 

A lot of people outside the tp. tier would be hopping winning over Biden voters would be their ticket to the top. The one guy I would say has a shot of it (though not a huge shot) would be Beto. I think there's a chance people would look at him as the moderate, electable choice and he'd have something of an opportunity to show why he's considered likable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The goal is always the super bowl until you get eliminated from playoff contention.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

03E7888E-39AE-4DFF-8711-F48475ABC729.jpeg.ebc5187c3da0432cba316a100a9ceb7a.jpeg

 

Needs to clean up the language a bit and define this is a bit more but I’m glad somebody is going in on this. Candidates need to continue to push this since they have majority support of Americans and make this happen instead of cowering to the gun nuts and nras of the world 

 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

since they have majority support of Americans and make this happen instead of cowering to the gun nuts and nras of the world 

 

Majority support taking away ARs and such?  I know there is a majority support for universal background checks and stuff.

I don't think this country could handle a drastic move such as that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.