Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

@PeterMP

I understand where you’re coming from and I get you won’t be voting for trump. But, we’re going to have to disagree on the status quo. Are you not considering the escalation of all this behavior and the overt nature that comes with it? The level of dysfunction and corruption I see, the crippling of our departments and agencies, is much worse than past administrations from what I can remember. 

This is a major step back for our country, not a status quo, lateral type move. It’s strange to me that you chose to characterize it in that way. 

43 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Awesomely bad. Good god look how many regular posters actually "liked" it.  You all should be embarrassed. This forum gets loonier by the day.

We have a president who was recorded saying that he likes to grab women by the **** and just suffered through a week where that president told duly elected Congressional representatives to go back to their country (I'll assume the idiot in chief didn't know three of the four are born US citizens) and to add insult to injury, the leaders of one of the two major parties defended the tweet as not being racist (I guess you could argue that it's closer to being xenophobic, though I don't see Trump telling anyone with who looks like him to go back to their country.  And wtf Mitch?  You choose party loyalty over your own wife?).  

And on top that 55% of GOP supporters agree with Trump's tweet and 33% strongly agree, with the oft cited reason saying that it wasn't about race, but merely saying if you don't like America, then leave (boy, how I wish you morons took that advice during the Obama years.  But please keep that nugget of wisdom in mind when the next liberal president gets in office.).  I'm not even going to go into nearly half of a state voting for Roy Moore.

So, whether you agree or disagree with @Fresh8686, you really can't appreciate where him and his wife are coming from?  Seriously?

The lack of empathy is the downfall of humanity.

A man pours his soul into a post with personal stories of the daily affect this administration has caused and yet there are people that despite having multiple children under their care, laughs at their reality caused by a racist organization. These people can not relate to the stresses of the real world because they have never experienced it. They are foreign to it and anything outside of the spoonfed life they are given, built upon the sacrifices of our forefathers, immigrants, and the oppressed.

Ignorance is not innocence.

3 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

The lack of empathy is the downfall of humanity.

A man pours his soul into a post with personal stories of the daily affect this administration has caused and yet there are people that despite having multiple children under their care, laughs at their reality caused by a racist organization. These people can not relate to the stresses of the real world because they have never experienced it. They are foreign to it and anything outside of the spoonfed life they are given, built upon the sacrifices of our forefathers, immigrants, and the oppressed.

Ignorance is not innocence.

As bad, stupid and hateful as the things the President says are, what Fresh posted was worse and orders of magnitude worse.

8 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

You're not the only one who says this.  And I'm on record as saying I believe there will be much blood spilled before we get better.  And I'd most likely be on your side.  But the scary thing is "those people" are the ones that have more guns and are far better at using them.  Go to any gun range or hunting supplies store or gun show and count the number of trump bumper stickers. 

A gap in paramilitary effectiveness and organization can be made up because, let's be honest, there aren't any highly organized or effective paramilitaries of note in the country.  There is enough prosperity out there for our ex-military that they haven't banded up in sufficient numbers to politically destabilize our country like has happened to other nations in the past.  Our military is also so advanced and highly specialized that the number of experts in the kinds of combat that would make up the fighting in a modern civil war would likely be a small percentage of current and former military personnel.

The profound difference is in funding.  Right wing militants would have so much more money, and they would get a mountain of money and material from Russia.  Not to mention a right wing extremist political movement currently controls the government and our actual military.

There also isn't the same appetite for war and militancy on the left as the right.  Leftists are largely committed to contesting politics through the electoral process.  They are also not as uniformly radicalized, organized into broad self identifying groups, nor are they as regularly subjected to propaganda designed to boost morale and commitment to extremist ideology.

Turn on a radio in Georgia and you will be overwhelmed by stations broadcasting arch conservative Christian fascism and propaganda.  Their ideology is casually ubiquitous in the South.  That is what the Left is up against, and mainstream liberals don't even realize they're in an honest to God war of ideology.

7 hours ago, nonniey said:

As bad, stupid and hateful as the things the President says are, what Fresh posted was worse and orders of magnitude worse.

To be fair, others like PeterMP and tshile responded gracefully and in a non-snarky manner to Fresh's post. Your comment just seems like a drive-by that adds nothing to the conversation. At least elaborate on why your feel the way you do. I understand your frustration, but always try to do better. 

10 hours ago, Fresh8686 said:

@PeterMP

I understand where you’re coming from and I get you won’t be voting for trump. But, we’re going to have to disagree on the status quo. Are you not considering the escalation of all this behavior and the overt nature that comes with it? The level of dysfunction and corruption I see, the crippling of our departments and agencies, is much worse than past administrations from what I can remember. 

This is a major step back for our country, not a status quo, lateral type move. It’s strange to me that you chose to characterize it in that way. 

Okay, if you go back to my original post, I specifically talked about the environmental regulations being a drastic change.  The EPA and related agencies are being gutted.  I also said pointed out the courts as an exception, where a lot of the other things about regulations are being changed.

I also specifically said ignoring what he says and he tweets.  Most of the escalation of the behavior is coming from things that he says and tweets.

My post was specific to actual polices.  You even bolded the statement where I said specifically looking at policies.

I specifically said if you look at X (and ignore Y and Z) this is true and what you are telling me is that I am wrong because what I said is true (for X) is not true for Y and Z.

I wrote that post very purposely because I knew what was going to happen.

Trump has drastically altered the way a President behaves.  But what I would tell you is the way that he talks is not a drastic change from the status quo from the way his supporters talk (among themselves) and think.

For people that already talk and think like that, they are more comfortable with having a President that talks and thinks like that (and probably actually like it), then far left changes in actual policies.

9 hours ago, nonniey said:

Awesomely bad. Good god look how many regular posters actually "liked" it.  You all should be embarrassed. This forum gets loonier by the day.

Maybe you want to explain why think it is bad?

9 hours ago, nonniey said:

When you have a president who exercised the powers of his office to commit mass detention of migrant children to an extent where scholars debate whether the conditions meet the definition of torture and concentration camp while merrily touting what his administration is doing, you're gonna have to defend your post.

2 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I think all the people who want to destroy each other should just agree to meet up somewhere and get on with it. I’d just as soon get it out of the way so I can focus on enjoying the preseason.

.... before the regular season starts, and we get back to depression again. 🙂

10 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Turn on a radio in Georgia and you will be overwhelmed by stations broadcasting arch conservative Christian fascism and propaganda.  Their ideology is casually ubiquitous in the South.  That is what the Left is up against, and mainstream liberals don't even realize they're in an honest to God war of ideology.

I think there are ideologues on the left.

And I'd warn against over estimating the number of ideologues on the right.  Two things have happened with respect to the ideology on the right:

1.  It has been commercialized and monetized.  This draws people to it that aren't actually ideologues and certainly don't want a real fight for over it.

2.  People are attracted to it based on fear, but don't actually believe it either (they aren't really ideologues).  They are people that are scared how the world is changing and are afraid of losing their place in the social fabric.

(This did happen during the Civil War too.  Poor white southerners that don't really support slavery or even state's rights end up supporting and fighting the south because of fear of losing their position in society.)

Pulling those two groups away from the extreme right wing ideology is important (and will really decrease the risk of their being more significant fighting.))

11 hours ago, bearrock said:

So, whether you agree or disagree with @Fresh8686, you really can't appreciate where him and his wife are coming from?  Seriously?

No, because he is a GOP hack and knows it so he denies the reality of what he supports. 

Because omg “the LoOnEy LeFt!!!!” and their diabolical plan to provide people with quality healthcare and equal rights  

35 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Are we really going to have this debate again?

It's like anytime I've ever had to help counsel someone when they couldn't accept difficult truths. They will resist, but if as a counselor you buy into their delusion then you've compounded the issue.

I'd suggest watching, Shutter Island with Leo Decaprio. Eventually you have to come to terms with reality or you'll keep destroying those around you in order to maintain the fiction you've created to insulate your psyche.

5244DAD0-30EE-45B2-A2BB-438407E47887.jpeg

1 minute ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

It's like anytime I've ever had to help counsel someone when they couldn't accept difficult truths. They will resist, but if as a counselor you buy into their delusion then you've compounded the issue.

I'd suggest watching, Shutter Island with Leo Decaprio. Eventually you have to come to terms with reality or you'll keep destroying those around you in order to maintain the fiction you've created to insulate your psyche.

You act like I'm trying to argue that pizzagate is true.  There has been many a discussion here about the level of blame people that didn't vote for Hillary share.  And opinions have been pretty evenly spread across the spectrum.  You are free to have your opinion.  I'm done wasting my time debating it.

Agree to disagree. 

Archived