Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

Why not.  We already have 2 candidates.  The idiot in Chief and. Rep. John Delaney.

So, expect this thread to get the occasional update before things get real heated after the 2018 Midterms.

Announced 2020 Presidential Candidates

1/20/17-  Donald J Trump filed for reelection on the day of his inauguration. (GOP)

*7/28/17- MD Congressman John Delaney 

*11/6/18- Tech Entrepenuer Andrew Yang

*11/11/18- WV State Senator Richard Ojeda 

*12/31/18- MA Senator Elizabeth Warren 

*1/11/19- HI Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard

*1/12/19- Former San Antonio Mayor/ US HUD Secretary Julian Castro

*1/15/19- NY Senator Kirsten Gillibrand

*1/21/19- CA Senator Kamala Harris

*1/23/19- South Bend, IN Mayor Pete Buttigieg

*1/28/19- Spiritualist/Author Marianne Williamnson

*2/1/19- NJ Senator Cory Booker

*2/10/19- MN Senator Amy Klobuchar

*2/19/19- VT Senator Bernie Sanders

*3/1/19- WA Governor Jay Inslee

*3/4/19- Former CO Governor John Hickenlooper

*3/14/19- Former TX Congressman Beto O’Rourke

*3/30/19- Miramar, FL Mayor Wayne Messam

*4/4/19- Ohio Congressman Tim Ryan

*4/8/19- CA Congressman Eric Swalwell

*4/15/19- Former MA Governor Bill Weld (GOP)

*4/22/19- MA Congressman Seth Moulton

4/25/19- Former Veep Joe Biden

*5/2/9- CO Senator Michael Bennet

*5/14/19- MT Governor Steve Bullock

*5/16/19- NYC Mayor Bill de Blasio

*6/23/19- Former PA Congressman Joe Sestak

*7/19/19- Billionaire Tom Steyer

*8/25/19- Talk Show Host/Former U.S. Congressman- Joe Walsh (GOP)

*9/8/19- Former SC Governor/Congressman Mark Sanford (GOP)

*11/13/19- Former MA Governor Deval Patrick

*11/24/19- Former NYC Mayor Michael Bloomberg 

*Announced candidates dropping out of the race 

It's time for this side to fill up with failed candidates.

1/25/19- WV State Senator Richard Ojeda.

7/8/19- CA congressman Eric Swalwell.

8/15/19- Former CO Governor John Hickenlooper

8/21/19- WA Governor Jay Inslee

8/23/19- MA Congressman Seth Moulton

8/28/19- NY Senator Kirsten Gillibrand

9/20/19- NYC Mayor Bill De Blasio

10/24/19- Ohio Congressman Tim Ryan

11/1/19- Former TX Congressman Beto O'Rourke

11/12/19- Former SC Governor/Congressman Mark Sanford (GOP)

11/20/19- Miramar, FL Mayor Wayne Messam

12/1/19- Former PA Congressman Joe Sestak
12/2/19- MT Governor Steve Bullock

12/3/19- CA Senator Kamala Harris
1/2/20- Former San Antonio Mayor/ US HUD Secretary Julian Castro.

1/10/20- Spiritualist/Author Marianne Willamson

1/13/20- NJ Senator Cory Booker

1/31/20- MD Congressman John Delaney
2/7/20- Talk show host /Former U.S. Rep Joe Walsh(GOP)

2/11/20- Tech Entrepenuer Andrew Yang

2/11/20- CO Senator Michael Bennet

2/12/20- Former MA Governor Deval Patrick
2/29/20- Billionaire Tom Steyer

3/1/20- South Bend, IN Mayor Pete Buttigieg
3/2/20- MN Senator Amy Klobuchar 

3/4/20- Former NYC Mayor Michael Bloomberg
3/5/20- MA Senator Elizabeth Warren 

3/18/20- Former MA Governor Bill Weld (GOP)

3/19/20- HI Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard

4/8/20- VT Senator Bernie Sanders

Well, 2020 is Donald Trump vs Joe Biden. 

Trump's first confirmed 2020 Democratic challenger is tied with him in a new poll

#2020Vision: Rep. Delaney enters 2020 race; Warren's fingerprints on the Democratic agenda

Also, there's talk of a unity independent ticket:

Kasich, Hickenlooper eye joint 2020 bid

I would vote for that unity ticket, but I'm not sure they can really get it going.

2 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

I'd think Harris and Booker are almost a given to run for the Dems nom. Keep an eye on Gavin Newsom too. Not a huge fan but he has the movie star looks to make it far.

The 2020 Democratic field is going to be larger than the 2016 GOP field.

I think any Republican thinking of challenging Trump for the GOP nomination in 2020, is a lost cause. The base will vote for Trump and the rest of GOP will go along, in the fall; just like they did in 2016. 

A third party bid is ripe for the taking in 2020; especially if the Dems nominate a Sanders type candidate.

I don't think the Dems will have a clown car of candidates. They will have some kind of consensus on a couple, one or two centrist candidates and one or two Sanders wing. I just hope the eventual candidate is charismatic who can sell the platform, go to every state.

For me, that's one reason I don't like the EC, not every state is visited, just certain ones.

7 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

I don't think the Dems will have a clown car of candidates. They will have some kind of consensus on a couple, one or two centrist candidates and one or two Sanders wing. I just hope the eventual candidate is charismatic who can sell the platform, go to every state.

For me, that's one reason I don't like the EC, not every state is visited, just certain ones.

Just because the Dems could have 16 or greater candidates entering the race; doesn't mean it will be full of clowns.

The race will probably settle down to a centrist candidate vs someone from the Sanders wing, but several Dems will make a run for it.  The 2020 Democratic race is wide open.

From the top of my head, I can name these potential candidates:

Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren, Joe Biden, Kamala Harris. Kirsten Gillibrand, Amy Klobuchar, Julian Castro, Al Franken, Andrew Cuomo, Terry MCAuliffe, Antonio Villaraigosa, Cory Booker, Deval Patrick

The Dem field is going to be initially large.  It may whittle down some before the primaries start but definitely after that first month.

No to: Sanders, Warren, Harris, Cuomo, McAuliffe, Patrick, Antonio Who?, Franken

I don't think anyone votes for a Castro even if not related. 

Leaves Biden, Klobuchar, Gillibrand, Booker.

Will probably have to be Biden (white man, though I hate that it might be necessary), and one of the women.

The platform can be left leaning but the ticket needs to appear centrist.

And they have to show how they are different from the Republicans and what that means for all the people. Campaign in ALL states.

31 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Antonio Villaraigosa

No way this guy appeals to a national Democratic base. I've only heard him in one softball interview and his answers made me cringe. He worked for Herbalife after getting out of government. That's toxic to me. You are working for a company that takes advantage of the poor. Everyone knows people fall into the MLM trap.

Just now, LadySkinsFan said:

Geez, his son just died. He didn't have the will to mount a presidential campaign amid his grief. 

Could you do something so profound?

I simply don't buy that.  

he should have been in and given Hillary a real challenge.  

We would all be better off today. 

So screw him going forward 

I don't know enough about the Dems and who they could run.  But someone youthful with some good energy and different ideas.

Biden is going to be older than dirt by 2020.  So will Hillary.  Nothing fresh or new about them, they've been around long enough and it should be time for them to go, not get another go around.

5 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

No to: Sanders, Warren, Harris, Cuomo, McAuliffe, Patrick, Antonio Who?, Franken

I don't think anyone votes for a Castro even if not related. 

Leaves Biden, Klobuchar, Gillibrand, Booker.

Will probably have to be Biden (white man, though I hate that it might be necessary), and one of the women.

The platform can be left leaning but the ticket needs to appear centrist.

And they have to show how they are different from the Republicans and what that means for all the people. Campaign in ALL states.

That's where it will be interesting.  If the Dems nominate a Centrist; they have a chance but the Sanders wing will not support a Centrist.  If the Dems nominate a Sanders wing candidate, they will lose in a landslide.

AS for campaigning in 50 states; not going to happen at the Presidential level.

Here's the states where the campaign will be fought:

New Hampshire, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Minnesota, Virginia, North Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Missouri, Nevada, New Mexico, Arizona, Colorado, Iowa and maybe Utah.  The other states will be either solidly Dem or solidly GOP.

The Dems do need to concentrate on all 50 states at the state and local levels though.  They absolutely need to be in control of at least 50%. preferably more than 50% by 2021; when the new lines will be redrawn.

5 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I don't know enough about the Dems and who they could run.  But someone youthful with some good energy and different ideas.

Biden is going to be older than dirt by 2020.  So will Hillary.  Nothing fresh or new about them, they've been around long enough and it should be time for them to go, not get another go around.

Here's an early look at potential Dems:

An Outrageously Early Field Guide to 2020

This notion that if the Democrats go left they will lose is utter nonsense. 

Here is why, anybody they nominate will be painted as a left commie by the republican state run media, Trump (or whomever is running in 2020) and all those "centrists"/"independents" voters out there. 

So as a proud and vocal LIBERAL I say it's about damn time the Democrats stand on their principles and stop with the attempted appeal to "moderate" voters, who in my opinion are just wishy washy types who stand for nothing other than "let's not rock the boat". 

I agree that we need a candidate that can deliver the message and fight the attacks effectively. President Obama was that kind of candidate. 

I do agree that whoever the candidate is, they should campaign in every state. They should appeal to the voters in and around the large cities. That is where you will find the voters who can and eventually (if it ever happened) will turn a "red" state "purple" or "blue". This is what has happened in Virginia where Northern VA has successfully turned the state blue in national elections. 

I am sorry (but not) but trying to appeal to those who cling to guns and bibles is a loser for Democrats. Those folks are never voting D. Especially in national elections. Yes you could maybe find common ground on several, maybe even many, issues. But they still will never vote for D because there simply is a fundamental divide (reinforced by conservative media) that will make them unreachable and I for one am sick of seeing Democrats compromise their principles in order to try to appeal to regressive populations. 

Could this mean the D's lose in 2020? Sure I guess. Especially if the R's are smart and have a new candidate in 2020 (assuming Trump even makes it there). 

But I am betting they don't. I am betting seeing conservative control at its worst these four years will make enough people ready and open to a true left candidate. 

10 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

You think the Electoral College is the reason not every state is visited?  It's probably the only reason the so-called fly-over states get any attention at all come election time.

Bill Maher introduced Gavin last week as "Lt. Governor, running for Governor next election..."

I've loved him for years, dude really has some staying power.  (And women would think he's the second coming of Elvis...votes galore, y'all !)  :wub:

I don't think he'd do it yet...he's very focused on his state, and that's a good thing. 

2 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

Bill Maher introduced Gavin last week as "Lt. Governor, running for Governor next election..."

I've loved him for years, dude really has some staying power.  (And women would think he's the second coming of Elvis...votes galore, y'all !)  :wub:

I don't think he'd do it yet...he's very focused on his state, and that's a good thing. 

He does have a sex scandal in his closet though. Not that it appears to mean anything to the GOP these days (so maybe that's a plus?).

Archived