Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

30 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

in fairness, we would vote for a blind & deaf rat and it would be an upgrade

I would like to be proud of my vote more than couple of times in my lifetime though

true, and good luck on the latter---my first was '72 (i wrote in barbarella over nixon/mcgovern) and i've been proud once

2 minutes ago, visionary said:

Klobucher going hard at Warren and Bernie and giving away free stuff with Chris Matthews leading her on.

There's a lot of the anti-Trump crowd who would agree with her and Matthews.  It's the biggest concern for Warren and Sanders, can they turn out new voters from the left to replace the ones they'll lose in the middle.

40 minutes ago, bearrock said:

There's a lot of the anti-Trump crowd who would agree with her and Matthews.  It's the biggest concern for Warren and Sanders, can they turn out new voters from the left to replace the ones they'll lose in the middle.

Well, we will find out should they become the nominee.

“There are only two countries in the world that don’t have paid family leave for new moms: the United States of America and Papua New Guinea. That is the entire list and we need to get off this list as soon as possible.”

— Businessman Andrew Yang

It may seem like a surprising statistic, but Yang is correct, according to a March report from the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development. Paid maternity leave is also guaranteed in every country except Papua New Guinea and the United States, the report said. An International Labor Organization report reached the same conclusion. At least one other report also listed Lesotho, Liberia and Swaziland as countries that also do not provide paid family leave.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/11/21/fact-checking-fifth-democratic-presidential-debate/

What in holy hell?  The hell are we doing in this country?

I tuned in for 10 minutes and then turned it off. I’ve increasingly come to the view that the whole debate format for elections is just complete garbage. 

I want to see it replaced with a system that is far more boring but thick on substance. You take 4-5 candidates, seat them on a round table and have 30-45 minute substantive discussions on each major issue. You include things like asking how they plan on enacting their policies. You fact check in real time with moderators who are experts on the issues themselves. I watched this format during the French presidential elections in a round table discussion between Macron and La Pen and it was so much more thick on substance, that you actually got to understand how each candidate understands the issues and their depth of knowledge. 

Watching each candidate get 2 minutes to spout of talking points, with only 3-4 people getting a chance to talk about each issue is just flat out stupid and ineffective. Half of the policy debates don’t even matter.

Medicare for All that bans private insurance is as realistic as Mexico paying for a border wall. Bernie won’t be able to ban fracking via executive fiat. He won’t get congressional backing either. Yang isn’t getting Congress to pass his freedom dividend. There’s so much nonsense that goes unchecked in the debate format and really warps the policy debate.

@No Excuses I swear i fell asleep on this for same reason that this format is useless and isnt helping.  Theres too many candidates to put them on the stage and not have time to ask them all the same question, I've been better off looking for full length interviews of the candidates. 

I watch the Joe Rogan one on Bernie the other day, not who I want to be president, but a chance for him to respond to challenges that aren specificly designed for TV ratings.  

I'm severely disappointed Washington Post put their name on that crap last night, these arent debates, these are episodes of a reality tv show.  DNC needs to step back and think about what actually is going to help because all the candidates are complaining about this format, which was trying to figure out how to take a format that doesnt make sense and make it work for that manner candidates at the same time.  Jus stop, it's not working, all they doing is giving the GOP campaign ads right now.

@visionary have you had a chance to see this interview?

This bothers me because again she prioritizes a pragmatic approach to foreign policy, but I still Joe let her get away too much on the narrative on her meeting with Assad.  We need someone that is not afraid to meet with folks without conditions, but emphasizing him not wanting other people interfering while not touching how far hed gone with war crimes is still jus trying to hard to normalize their existence.

She cant win calling out Dems the way she does like she did last night and party not caring about her constituents, but shes dead on concerning picking and choosing which authoritarian governments are our friends and enemies and the whole world seeing right through it.  Shes not the candidate to lead that discussion, shes disqualified herself, I agree with you on that, but that conversation has to be had

This is from a couple months ago

When it comes to debating Trump, the key is going to drop the philosophy and come with a strategy to point out that Trump is constantly lying but give examples and facts to explain his lies.   We know Trump is just going to go up there and say usual nonsense like "best economy ever" so the Dem nominee needs to explain why that statement is absolute nonsense.     They need to bring up that the only major legislation passed under his watch is the tax cuts, which did nothing for the economy and went primarily to the most wealthy who in turn just used it to further enrich themselves, then you can explain why that economic plan has never and will never work.  

Haley billed as 'frontrunner' for 2024 GOP nomination  

****, you Trump grovelling lackey; you will never be president.

If Trump wins reelections, Trump will decide who the 2024 nominee.  He will throw his support to that candidate. True, Trump has a poor record endorsing candidates but when the likely candidate being his son: Don Jr. or daughter: Ivanka; his idiotic supporters will throw their support and votes to them.  Crushing the rest of the GOP field.

Archived