Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

38 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

The Trump administration's signature move was cutting taxes on the wealthy by about another $2 trillion

I think you mean "The GOP signature move every time they gain power for the last 30 years".  

Trump didn't invent the tactic.  And he didn't even know what was in it.  It was written behind closed doors by Paul Ryan and Skippy.  

18 minutes ago, Larry said:

I think you mean "The GOP signature move every time they gain power for the last 30 years".  

Trump didn't invent the tactic.  And he didn't even know what was in it.  It was written behind closed doors by Paul Ryan and Skippy.  

It is certainly GOP orthodoxy, which is kind of my point. Trump didn't rite the tax cut, but it's the one big thing he has gotten passed. And which he repeatedly claims to be the thing  that has created a great economy. By which, we can only presume he means "thanks to the tax cut, the economy is almost doing almost as well as it was before I took over and passed the tax cut".

18 minutes ago, visionary said:

Um.....

I looked it up, they did that poll with Clinton and Bloomberg and no Biden and then they did a normal one:

Biden 28

Sanders 18

Warren 16

Harris 6

Yang 6

O'Rourke 3

Buttigieg 3

Booker 3

Gabbard 2

Klobuchar 2

etc.

Just to give a flavor of where this outfit's polling is at, here are some tidbits from other sampling:

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?

“Impeaching President Trump is a waste of time and tax dollars and it will ultimately go nowhere, so the Democrats should focus on working with Republicans to solve our nation’s problems rather than focusing on trying to impeach President Trump.”

Agree 59

Disagree 33

Should Hillary Clinton be prosecuted for erasing over 30,000 classified emails so that the FBI could not read them?

Yes 52

No 32

So, you know......

The problem with making "The Economy" a big campaign issue is that the economy of 2019 is very similar to what it was when Trump came into office.  His supporters are convinced that it was terrible up to the day he was sworn in and then Trump came in and changed something.  The biggest difference is that the rate of growth has slowed down but not enough yet to set off any alarm bells.   Most Dems/Liberals acknowledge that the economy is not bad by the usual ways the media forecasts it, but at the same time when you look deeper beyond the spin from either side, the most important aspect, people's paychecks, is where the least amount of difference is taking place.  

I think The Obama Recovery and Trump whatever you call it, do more to expose the flawed ways our institutions come to the conclusion that the economy is good/doing well in the first place.   

On 10/27/2019 at 4:43 PM, twa said:

When I saw "Former Clinton adviser" in the headline I was really hoping it was anyone but.........Dick Morris. That way I could actually read the article and look for some merit in it.  But alas, of course it is Dick Morris. Of course it is.

39 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

The problem with making "The Economy" a big campaign issue is that the economy of 2019 is very similar to what it was when Trump came into office.  His supporters are convinced that it was terrible up to the day he was sworn in and then Trump came in and changed something.  The biggest difference is that the rate of growth has slowed down but not enough yet to set off any alarm bells.   Most Dems/Liberals acknowledge that the economy is not bad by the usual ways the media forecasts it, but at the same time when you look deeper beyond the spin from either side, the most important aspect, people's paychecks, is where the least amount of difference is taking place.  

In the GOP world, this is the best economic time ever. All thanks to Trump. I'm not saying this in a sarcastic way.

They really believe that. Or the ones I know anyway. 

Archived