Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

1 minute ago, Riggo-toni said:

Sad but true. It's why our government works best when there's a Dem president and a GOP congress.

Pretty much works when either has full control of opposite branches, but R's are a bit more effective at obstruction I guess.

1 minute ago, Riggo-toni said:

Sad but true. It's why our government works best when there's a Dem president and a GOP congress.

Totally disagree. The Great Recession would have lasted longer if Obama had to deal with Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell to start.

just saw a brief glimpse of trump at the rally...a seriously hateful litany of almost all lies about the "squad"...trump tells them the dmes suffered a great defeat on their impeach bill and even many dems came over to join him and vote it down...now i don't say things like this casually: i have not heard/seen this level of open public vitriolic hate, inc. trump in '16,  led by anywhere near this level of governance...and the crowd is slavering,  cheering, makings ooos and ahhs and other sounds in unison and yelling epithets

7 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Totally disagree. The Great Recession would have lasted longer if Obama had to deal with Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell to start.

The recession ended when Obama passed HARP. I believe that passed after the GOP took congress, though I am not sure.

it's all locked in ---every goper but 4 i guess and all the trump voters asked anywhere now have it nailed, saying the same thing with gusto: the tweet wasn't racist. trump isn't racist. the "go back to where you came from" and the "love it or leave it" deal are both in and is is what they all believe now.  and if you elect more dems they will all be like the squad and destroy america (over and over)

5 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

The recession ended when Obama passed HARP. I believe that passed after the GOP took congress, though I am not sure.

TARP passed under Bush. The stimulus passed by Obama only had 3 total Republican votes and that was in the Senate.

Not TARP.  HARP. The stimulus was ineffective at best - the unemployment rate actually went higher than what the CBO projected if the stimulus were not passed.  It wasn't until HARP went through that the unemployment rate dropped below 8%.

3 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

TARP passed under Bush. The stimulus passed by Obama only had 3 total Republican votes and that was in the Senate.

3 hours ago, Riggo-toni said:

Not TARP.  HARP. The stimulus was ineffective at best - the unemployment rate actually went higher than what the CBO projected if the stimulus were not passed.  It wasn't until HARP went through that the unemployment rate dropped below 8%.

The CBO didn't know the full extent of the facts in terms of the extent of the damage done.

There is no doubt that the stimulus had a positive affect.  It just wasn't large enough (as predicted by many economists at the time).  And the reason it wasn't larger was because of conservatives.

HARP was just stimulus by a different name.

No one thing contributed to the recovery (and part of it was just time).

17 hours ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

If you're anti-Trump and vote in Florida and for any reason vote third party...then just embrace your pro-Trump street cred.

I used to get pissed when people would try to find some way to label me pro-trump.  Now?  Meh, I think I've built up my anti-trump street cred enough.  You want to try to label me as something I'm so obviously not? Whatever.  

Said for a while now that Trump would win again because the Left tries to go too far left.  Blame me if it makes you feel better.  Always seems like Dems live in a house without mirrors.

Also, I've said before I think our government is broken and done.  You could resurrect the best leader in all of history and they wouldn't be able to fix this mess.  So at the end of the day, I don't think 2020 really even matters that much.

14 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

I don't think support for Trump has gone up since he was elected.  

I don't think his support has moved much but I do hear a fair amount of people that didn't vote in 2016 or really pay attention to politics who are now excited to vote for trump.  The stupid reality show in the WH has sucked in a lot of stupid people who like reality shows and think that they actually represent reality.

13 hours ago, twa said:

I do not think the % of the female vote has changed significantly

It'll be interesting to see what happens with the female vote. There have been a lot of assaults against abortion rights. There have been many allegations of sexual misconduct, assault, and rape. Trump pursues a pretty anti-woman agenda.

He was already viewed in a bad light in 2016. It should be much worse after Kavanaugh, Epstein, and Trump himself.

24 minutes ago, Burgold said:

It'll be interesting to see what happens with the female vote. There have been a lot of assaults against abortion rights. There have been many allegations of sexual misconduct, assault, and rape. Trump pursues a pretty anti-woman agenda.

He was already viewed in a bad light in 2016. It should be much worse after Kavanaugh, Epstein, and Trump himself.

Non-college graduate white women do not care and will vote for Trump.

As will suburban moms who are afraid of "The Squad."

Women knew all of that stuff about Trump before he was elected and made excuses for it. They will do it again. I suspect a good portion of them would want to vote for someone else but pressure from others will stop them. I hate to sound chauvinistic but I strongly believe this is related to the men around them. Husbands and sons and the inability to stand up to them for what they think is right. Or maybe they just find that stuff to be no big deal. I dunno. But when I heard them using the excuse of locker room talk when he was talking about sexual assault like it was a party trick I knew then there was nothing he could do to lose them. 

4 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Women knew all of that stuff about Trump before he was elected and made excuses for it. They will do it again. I suspect a good portion of them would want to vote for someone else but pressure from others will stop them. I hate to sound chauvinistic but I strongly believe this is related to the men around them. Husbands and sons and the inability to stand up to them for what they think is right. Or maybe they just find that stuff to be no big deal. I dunno. But when I heard them using the excuse of locker room talk when he was talking about sexual assault like it was a party trick I knew then there was nothing he could do to lose them. 

Specify it. Its specifically white women.

16 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Non-college graduate white women do not care and will vote for Trump.

As will suburban moms who are afraid of "The Squad."

9 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I think this is painting with too broad a brush.  What needs to happen is not "all women turn on Trump."  What needs to happen is a lot of women who (1) are independent/moderate/could go either way and/or (2) don't normally vote, turn on Trump in significant (but not necessarily overwhelming) numbers.

This did happen in 2018, which was very much a referendum on Trump.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-2018-gender-gap-was-huge/

Women were one of the driving forces that helped propel Democrats to victory in the House on Tuesday. According to national exit poll data, 59 percent of women voted for Democrats and 40 percent voted for Republicans, which adds up to a record margin of 19 percentage points — nearly double the margin by which they voted for Democrats in 2016.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/11/7/18064260/midterm-elections-turnout-women-trump-exit-polls

Two years ago, 53 percent of white women voters cast their ballots not for the first woman presidential nominee from a major party, but for a man who had been caught on tape bragging about his ability to grab women “by the ****.”

Political scientists said this should come as no surprise, since women have never been a reliable voting bloc. Women — especially white women — vote their party, not their gender.

But a lot has changed since 2016.

White women stayed loyal to Republicans in some key races, helping to reelect Sen. Ted Cruz in Texas and send Ron DeSantis to the governor’s mansion in Florida. But across the country as a whole, about 49 percent of white women voted for Democrats in House races, while another 49 percent voted for Republicans, according to exit polling by CNN.

In 2016, by contrast, just 43 percent of white women voted for Democratic House candidates, while 55 percent voted for Republicans.

Half of white women is hardly a landslide, but the shift contributed to a history-making night for Democrats, who scored the highest margin of victory ever among women voters in a midterm election, with 59 percent of women across the country voting for Democrats in the House.

White women, especially those with college educations, have been moving away from Republicans for several years, Susan Carroll, a professor of political science and women’s and gender studies at Rutgers University, told Vox. And while the reasons are many, “it seems pretty clear that it’s a response to the politics of the Trump administration and the Republican Party.”

People with college educations across the board have been shifting Democrat, and they are becoming a larger part of the electorate.

The Democrats have to find a way to embrace them and make sure they turn out to vote (while keeping the urban vote).

(and chasing white Christian male blue collar workers is not the way to do it)

The whole “send her back” strikes me as what things looked like in the late 1920’s in Germany when the Nazi party started to take over. 

(I obviously don’t know what things looked like and I honestly don’t know if they were worse then, it’s just what that imagery sparks in my head)

Keep in mind this is the same group of people that are ok with deporting an immigrant that came here and signed up to serve in the military as part of becoming a citizen (and followed through and served the country)

2 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I used to get pissed when people would try to find some way to label me pro-trump.  Now?  Meh, I think I've built up my anti-trump street cred enough.  You want to try to label me as something I'm so obviously not? Whatever.  

Said for a while now that Trump would win again because the Left tries to go too far left.  Blame me if it makes you feel better.  Always seems like Dems live in a house without mirrors.

Agree with this

not the rest though for different reasons 

Archived