Rdskns2000

Presidential Election :11/3/2020- Trump the Impeached vs Superplanner Lizzie, Shake Your Booty Pete & some other Dems

Recommended Posts

50 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

about which part?

 

All of it except the base part, and it was incomplete.

Even his Hispanic support is steady.

 

He is far from a lock, but he wasn't a lock before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I don't think support for Trump has gone up since he was elected.  I think he will likely get around the same amount of votes or perhaps a little bit less, and the election will purely come down to whether the Democratic base unites for the common cause of getting rid of Trump regardless of who the nominee is.  The majority of the country does not support Trump, however that is different than the majority of actual voters/people who will get off the couch and vote. 

Edited by NoCalMike
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

I don't think support for Trump has gone up since he was elected.  I think he will likely get around the same amount of votes or perhaps a little bit less, and the election will purely come down to whether the Democratic base unites for the common cause of getting rid of Trump regardless of who the nominee is.  The majority of the country does not support Trump, however that is different than the majority of actual voters/people who will get off the couch and vote. 

 

This plus Trump will lose the segment of independents who were willing to give him a chance and hoped he'd grow into the job rather than being an everyday train wreck. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, PeterMP said:

 

Uh, no.

 

 

 

I know your articles and evidence demonstrate your point quite well. However, in central PA (where I live), the vitriol in which the area views democrats since Trump's term is something that does not show up in polls. My Facebook feed would scare everyone here. I'm sure there are several of us on this board that live in areas like this. The 2020 election no matter what is going to be very close as things stay now. However, Biden can entice suburban voters to vote D for just one time. I know quite a few people who despised Trump but voted for him for the following three reasons: "Obamacare", guns, and the Supreme Court. This state can be had fairly easily if they get suburban, educated women to vote for Biden. Moving left in a state like PA is a losing strategy barring some miracle turnout in Philly and Pittsburgh. 

 

BTW, the population shifts are in a couple of key areas, Mechanicsburg area and Shippensburg, which your articles point out. Mechanicsburg and its surrounding townships (which contain Mechanisburg and Cumberland Valley S.D.) are major trucking areas and shopping areas. Get off of the Cumberland Pike (main shopping center outside of the town of Mechanicsburg), the area is a massive farming area down to Shippensburg. Shippensburg has its own set of issues due to a shift in population increase from Baltimore and D.C. folks moving farther north. The "townies" do not like the "city folk". However, the district and townships in which the Cumberlink articles point out are solidly R and will be for some time. Cumberland County is not diverse, once again mainly a trucking and farming county. With Harrisburg nearby, you'd think the county would be diverse. The county is not diverse. The diversity is on the "West Shore" not the "East Shore". I taught for 17 years at Big Spring, directly between Carlisle and Shippensburg and lived in Carlisle and Shippensburg for many of those years. I currently am in Dauphin county, northern Dauphin county, where I reside, is very much like the farming and trucking areas of Cumberland County in that they are solidly red. 

Edited by Busch1724

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also think Democrats have to stop focusing on the President's racism and start focusing on kitchen table issues like healthcare and infrastructure and income inequality.  The people that care strongly about racism are already firmly in the Democrat tent.  

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I also think Democrats have to stop focusing on the President's racism and start focusing on kitchen table issues like healthcare and infrastructure and income inequality.  The people that care strongly about racism are already firmly in the Democrat tent.  

 

Agree to a certain extent.  Trump's racism and overall nastiness speaks for itself. 

 

If a candidate is asked directly about it, I think they should answer, but I do think the monologues on the subject could use a rest.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NoCalMike said:

 

Agree to a certain extent.  Trump's racism and overall nastiness speaks for itself. 

 

If a candidate is asked directly about it, I think they should answer, but I do think the monologues on the subject could use a rest.  

 

I go back and forth.  If I'm a candidate, I'd try to talk about Trump as little as possible.  I'd talk about voters and my plans to help them.  Because, as you say, Trump's racism and overall nastiness speaks for itself.  If you are constantly reacting to Trump's awfulness, your own message never gets out. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, twa said:

 

All of it except the base part, and it was incomplete.

Even his Hispanic support is steady.

 

He is far from a lock, but he wasn't a lock before.

So you think Trump has gained support since 2016?

You think he hasn't lost the women vote?

And you think he has the Indy vote?

And you believe his base isn't blue collar white evangelical boomers?

18 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

 

Probably a good idea for the general public too.

Just ****ing stop.

To quote the article ""It's not clear at this point what the privacy risks are." They are freaking out about an app that has been out for two years and uses a picture of your face, and folks on FACEBOOK are worried about their privacy...because well it has the word Russia in it.

 

21 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I also think Democrats have to stop focusing on the President's racism and start focusing on kitchen table issues like healthcare and infrastructure and income inequality.  The people that care strongly about racism are already firmly in the Democrat tent.  

Agreed, Trump could scream the worst racial epithets and it won't cost him a single vote from his base.

We all know who he is, now it's time to win votes, but not with panem et circensus.

Edited by AsburySkinsFan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I also think Democrats have to stop focusing on the President's racism and start focusing on kitchen table issues like healthcare and infrastructure and income inequality.  The people that care strongly about racism are already firmly in the Democrat tent.  

Part of me agrees with this, but Trump is a special case. His racism is really out front and center. Nobody has to connect dots, or explain anything, or provide a brief historical/social overview of why he's being a jackwagon. Sometimes (too often) casual white voters will shrug off slights and back-handed comments as trivial, but Trump? Not so much.

 

So, get a solid selection of basic issues like international relations (going downhill fast) income inequality, corruption, incompetence, a health care system designed to kill granny; but also call him out when he goes all KKK in his tweets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, youngestson said:

Part of me agrees with this, but Trump is a special case. His racism is really out front and center. Nobody has to connect dots, or explain anything, or provide a brief historical/social overview of why he's being a jackwagon. Sometimes (too often) casual white voters will shrug off slights and back-handed comments as trivial, but Trump? Not so much.

 

So, get a solid selection of basic issues like international relations (going downhill fast) income inequality, corruption, incompetence, a health care system designed to kill granny; but also call him out when he goes all KKK in his tweets.

 

If I were running, and I've posted this before, I would refuse to talk about him except for 1 hour every Friday.  For that one hour, I would lay into all of the awful racist corrupt **** he did that week.  Just let it ****ing rip.   I would hire a writer or two from Last Week Tonight or some other newsy comedy show that regularly crushes Trump.  So, during the week I get my message out and that 1 hour per week would be appointment television and lots of eyeballs would tune in.  

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Just ****ing stop.

To quote the article ""It's not clear at this point what the privacy risks are." They are freaking out about an app that has been out for two years and uses a picture of your face, and folks on FACEBOOK are worried about their privacy...because well it has the word Russia in it.

 

If you're in a sensitive job, I'd be worried about using anything tied to an adversarial state. See Kaspersky. Plus I'd be weary of giving a tech company my facial data. We're already using facial recognition on our state IDs, not trying to see what the private sector will end up doing with that.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

 

If I were running, and I've posted this before, I would refuse to talk about him except for 1 hour every Friday.  For that one hour, I would lay into all of the awful racist corrupt **** he did that week.  Just let it ****ing rip.   I would hire a writer or two from Last Week Tonight or some other newsy comedy show that regularly crushes Trump.  So, during the week I get my message out and that 1 hour per week would be appointment television and lots of eyeballs would tune in.  

 

This is actually a really good idea.  

 

Ya think Liz could hit her lines with some zing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Busch1724 said:

 

I know your articles and evidence demonstrate your point quite well. However, in central PA (where I live), the vitriol in which the area views democrats since Trump's term is something that does not show up in polls. My Facebook feed would scare everyone here. I'm sure there are several of us on this board that live in areas like this. The 2020 election no matter what is going to be very close as things stay now. However, Biden can entice suburban voters to vote D for just one time. I know quite a few people who despised Trump but voted for him for the following three reasons: "Obamacare", guns, and the Supreme Court. This state can be had fairly easily if they get suburban, educated women to vote for Biden. Moving left in a state like PA is a losing strategy barring some miracle turnout in Philly and Pittsburgh. 

 

BTW, the population shifts are in a couple of key areas, Mechanicsburg area and Shippensburg, which your articles point out. Mechanicsburg and its surrounding townships (which contain Mechanisburg and Cumberland Valley S.D.) are major trucking areas and shopping areas. Get off of the Cumberland Pike (main shopping center outside of the town of Mechanicsburg), the area is a massive farming area down to Shippensburg. Shippensburg has its own set of issues due to a shift in population increase from Baltimore and D.C. folks moving farther north. The "townies" do not like the "city folk". However, the district and townships in which the Cumberlink articles point out are solidly R and will be for some time. Cumberland County is not diverse, once again mainly a trucking and farming county. With Harrisburg nearby, you'd think the county would be diverse. The county is not diverse. The diversity is on the "West Shore" not the "East Shore". I taught for 17 years at Big Spring, directly between Carlisle and Shippensburg and lived in Carlisle and Shippensburg for many of those years. I currently am in Dauphin county, northern Dauphin county, where I reside, is very much like the farming and trucking areas of Cumberland County in that they are solidly red. 

 

There are certainly still very conservative areas in Pennsylvania and will be for a long time.

 

However, the population of those areas that are conservative are falling where other areas are growing.

 

And it isn't just those areas.  After years of shrinking the Scranton area is growing again.

 

https://cqrcengage.com/pmea/app/document/24227827;jsessionid=1okpwivye9xu01kiesi20j134d

 

And the people moving there are not your traditional white, gun loving, Christian, blue collar workers.

 

You can be pro-gun control (for Heller being wrongly decided, for an assault weapons ban, for a federal background check on all gun purchases, for a 2 week waiting period) and win PA today.  The people that are pro-gun and vote based on guns aren't voting for a Democrat anyway and being anti-gun is going to help turnout voters other places.

 

The only way Trump wins PA is if the Democrats try to appeal to his voters (white, blue collar, union or ex-union)  (which some progressives, like Sanders, are actually trying to do).  If they leave those voters behind and say we are going young, urban, and college educated, they will win.

Edited by PeterMP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

 

If I were running, and I've posted this before, I would refuse to talk about him except for 1 hour every Friday.  For that one hour, I would lay into all of the awful racist corrupt **** he did that week.  Just let it ****ing rip.   I would hire a writer or two from Last Week Tonight or some other newsy comedy show that regularly crushes Trump.  So, during the week I get my message out and that 1 hour per week would be appointment television and lots of eyeballs would tune in.  

That's a solid idea. It would address Trump while not making him the focus which would drive him bonkers. It would also (I hate using this word) humanize a candidate in a world where some personal connection is increasingly important. 

Edited by youngestson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

If you're in a sensitive job, I'd be worried about using anything tied to an adversarial state. See Kaspersky. Plus I'd be weary of giving a tech company my facial data. We're already using facial recognition on our state IDs, not trying to see what the private sector will end up doing with that.

Facebook ALREADY uses facial recognition.

If you're in a sensitive job and plastering yourself all over soc media then you deserve what's coming. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I also think Democrats have to stop focusing on the President's racism and start focusing on kitchen table issues like healthcare and infrastructure and income inequality.  

 

The deficit?  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Larry said:

 

The deficit?  

No one cares about the deficit unless the Dems are in charge.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, PeterMP said:

The only way Trump wins PA is if the Democrats try to appeal to his voters (white, blue collar, union or ex-union)  (which some progressives, like Sanders, are actually trying to do).  If they leave those voters behind and say we are going young, urban, and college educated, they will win.

 

Certainly hope so. However, what was said on the debate stage a few weeks ago won't win currently barring a massive turnout from the left. The right in this state will show up unfortunately. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

 

 

 

Somebody already said they were treating it like the NFL draft. :)  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Larry said:

 

Somebody already said they were treating it like the NFL draft. :)  

 

So you're saying it's a pointless ****show?  All fluff and no substance, built up for ratings.

Edited by China
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Burgold said:

No one cares about the deficit unless the Dems are in charge.

 

You may be right. 

 

I know theres a lot of people who like to SAY they only vote Republican because "fiscal conservative", and they don't approve of their social positions. 

 

But then, there's a lot who say they vote that way because "sanctity of marriage". And had no trouble at all pulling the lever for Trump. 

 

But even if you're right, .....

 

We all know that Trump is going to claim that his greatest accomplishment is this fantastic wonderful economy, which he single handedly created by intentionally screwing things up, and then partially fixing them. And pointing at the deficit helps temper that message. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Larry said:

 

You may be right. 

 

I know theres a lot of people who like to SAY they only vote Republican because "fiscal conservative", and they don't approve of their social positions. 

Those are the rich people who don't want to pay taxes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

So you think Trump has gained support since 2016?

You think he hasn't lost the women vote?

And you think he has the Indy vote?

And you believe his base isn't blue collar white evangelical boomers?

Just ****ing stop.

 

 

Pretty sure I indicated he was treading water.

I do not think the % of the female vote has changed significantly

I think Indies are a wash or even slight gain in his favor.

"blue collar white evangelical boomers" is not what I or the person I quoted stated.

 

Kiss my ass, I ain't stopping just cause you are bent. :ols:

 

I think he has done better than I thought he would,and since no one seems to be willing to impeach him the Dems better bring more game than the last fiasco.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.