Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

Even though it's sad that I started this thread back in August 2017, I can't wait for campaign 2020 to begin.  No, I don't care for the endless campaign commercials. The 20-30 Democrats running, will will make it hard to choose the right candidate.  I know Trump and the GOP will do even worse things in 2020.  There's a strong possibility, Trump will have started a war somewhere; just to help him win reelection.  Also, I can see Trump & the GOP try to stir things up in the cities and we have riots, etc... Conditions like the late 60's/Early 70's. How does Trump react to the final results of the Mueller investigation?   Etc....      It's going to be a hellish campaign. 

Still, I want it to start because I believe, it will literally drive Trump insane.  When you have 20-30 candidates running and critizing you; you know he can't shut up. Maybe, it leads him to have a mental breakdown and we can remove him; early.   Crazy?  Not so in Trumpland.  It's time to hit back at Trump real hard and provide an alternative to him; at the same time.  

I don't believe for one minute that Trump doesn't run for reelection.  Yeah, he not really want to be President or even like the job; but he wouldn't want give up what comes with the Presidency.

He has that 30% that worships him and follows him blindly.  Once he's no longer president, that will go away. He will eventually be forgotten about, by his cult.

Trump knows, the moment he's gone; indictments will follow.  All his crimes, will have to be accounted for. So, he will stay as President as long as he can. Use the pardon power of the Presidency, to absolves him and his croonies; of their their crimes.

Finally, Trump is making money; while being President. He won't want to give us that cash flow so easily.

Still, with that said; what happens to the 2020 race if Trump doesn't run for reelection?

1.  When would Trump announce that he's not running?    Would it later in 2019? Would he waiting until after the primaries in 2020 but before the convention?

The timing would be very important to the GOP finding a candidate to field in 2020.

2.  If Trump doesn't run, who does run?  Obviously, Pence would be the favorite.  You would have several of the 2016 candidates try again, like Kasich, Cruz, Rubio. I suspect Flake, Sasse, Corker, Hailey and other newbies would throw their hat into the ring.

3.  With Trump not running, does that make the race easier or harder for the Dem candidate to win in 2020?  It's hard to see the GOP recover in 2020 from Trump. He may not be running, but he would still be the President and every candidate would have to answer for Trump; even the ones who were Never Trumpers.

So, if the slim chance occurs and Trump doesn't run; that would add a new dynamic to the 2020 race.

2 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

He's already announced and has a re-election campaign in place. He did that last year.

He did that on the day he took office. Still, slim chance he changes his mind. My last post was just what if, he changes his mind and doesn't run. What would happen to the 2020 race without Trump.

Only because of relentless lies by Republicans a la Hillary Clinton. 

If she embraces some progressive legislation, if only to put Republicans on record as against, she will unite the House Democrats and make the 2020 elections relevant to the country.

We all know that unless the bills are bipartisan in the House with support in the Senate they aren't passing.

Already the people considering running against her are dropping out. 

How much of a liability was Pelosi? 

House Dems overwhelmed R’s in the suburbs and the sections of America with economic acitivity

She won’t ever get the racist redneck vote in rural America. So be it 

In Raleigh, Pelosi seemed to be the only candidate running considering all the ads featured her. Yet Dems did just fine in House districts here

Archived