Rdskns2000

Presidential Election :11/3/2020- The Impotus Puppet vs The Rise of BootyWalker & some other Dems

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Love the new thread title. 

 

I am not in favor of new people entering the Democratic race, especially if they aren't died in the wool Democrats and were something else for most of their lives. I am very suspicious of their motives. We have a big enough field now. 

 

If they want to financially support the party after we have a nominee I'm good with that.

That will change, depending on Donny.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

 

Iowa sucks.

 

Buttigieg has been my guy all along. I like pragmatism in a candidate and Buttigieg, along with Klobuchar, are the few that sound truly logical, sincere and appeal to my center-left nature. He's not making any stupid promises or coming out with multi-trillion dollar plans that would turn off half the country.  Warren torpedoed herself announcing that price tag for her healthcare plans. Trump won the election running on his golly-gee-whiz healthcare plan that he said would cover everyone and would be cheaper. We all knew it was BS but he didn't have to go into detail about it. He just sold it. Warren should have thought about taking the same approach lol. I don't care what kind of great plans you think you have. Once you announce a price tag that large that's all people are going to see and they're going to say "nope". She should fire the crackhead campaign advisor that even allowed her to do that.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:


How the hell did this happen 

 

 

Iowa Dems trying to make the path easier for Biden. Pete is DOA after the first two contests. He's not going to win with 0% black support.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Iowa Dems trying to make the path easier for Biden. Pete is DOA after the first two contests. He's not going to win with 0% black support.

 

And there was a poll posted a few days back, where among Ca Hispanics, he's got the most negative approval ratings.  

 

Really tough for a gay guy to win the Dem primary, or the general, without blacks or Hispanics.  And his lack of experience?  

 

Think I've seen the guy three times on Meet the Press, and he really impressed me with how he handled himself there.  (And Chuck Todd wasn't exactly tossing softballs).  But there's sure some serious difficulties he's going to have.  I don't see him overcoming them.  They're too many, and too big.  (And it's not just because he's gay.)  

 

Love to see him move up to a bigger job, though.  

Edited by Larry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cooked Crack said:

 

 

Iowa Dems trying to make the path easier for Biden. Pete is DOA after the first two contests. He's not going to win with 0% black support.


Well it’s not like he can suddenly flip a switch and not be gay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Springfield said:


Well it’s not like he can suddenly flip a switch and not be gay.

 

He should announce a good lookin vp asap to distract the people uncomfortable with his gayness.

 

 

Also, i don’t think he is gonna win the nomination and definitely not the election simply based on his name, no one knows how to pronounce it and people like to feel smart. Trump is a lot easier to pronounce that bootyjig? so for the pedestrian voters out there, advantage trump. (or warren, biden, sanders in the primaries)

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Springfield said:


Well it’s not like he can suddenly flip a switch and not be gay.

He'd still be polling terribly with black folks if he had a wife. A small time mayor doesn't bode confidence in defeating Trump.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

He'd still be polling terribly with black folks if he had a wife. A small time mayor doesn't bode confidence in defeating Trump.

 

People like an underdog story.  At this stage, Buttigueg is about as underdog as you can get.  He's young, he's a veteran, he's not particularly wealthy, he's gay, he's smart.  Aside from being a black woman, he's about as much of an antithesis of Trump as you can get as a person.

 

I think there are two ways to the White House for democrats with two different opinion.  One is the view that the nominee needs to be further left than Clinton as she didn't get people to come out to vote for her.  This would be Warren and Sanders.  Two is the view that the nominee needs to be center left to get the vote of the left and turn on the center minded people who might shy away from MFA and other "socialist" (I hate that term) ideals.  This would be Biden and Buttigueg.

 

Maybe only one of the above is the right way to the White House, maybe they can both beat Trump.  As I see it right now, that's how the democrat vote is split.  My hope is that it won't fracture the base because that will surely cost dems the election.  I will personally support whichever nominee is chosen although I'd prefer a center-left candidate and I'm starting to lean more into Buttigueg.  I like Sanders and Warren but I feel like their policies have little to no chance of coming to fruition.  A center left candidate can be a bridge to more MFA like policies that will one day land us there once we wear down the dummy conservative like we did with gay marriage.

32 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

 

He should announce a good lookin vp asap to distract the people uncomfortable with his gayness.

 

 

Also, i don’t think he is gonna win the nomination and definitely not the election simply based on his name, no one knows how to pronounce it and people like to feel smart. Trump is a lot easier to pronounce that bootyjig? so for the pedestrian voters out there, advantage trump. (or warren, biden, sanders in the primaries)

 

People like to feel smart.  If his star soars, they'll learn his name properly.  I used to call him Butt Jugg cause it was funny.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Maybe only one of the above is the right way to the White House, maybe they can both beat Trump.

 

Gotta say, I think there's at least an argument could be made that if there's any way to get America to vote fr a gay President, it's to put Donald Trump opposite him.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Larry said:

 

Gotta say, I think there's at least an argument could be made that if there's any way to get America to vote fr a gay President, it's to put Donald Trump opposite him.  

 

Their heads would explode if we had a gay president.  They'll explode if we have a female president.  I'd like to witness all of these and then some in my lifetime.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:


How the hell did this happen 

 

From what I've read, he has a really strong ground team in Iowa specifically.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I think there are two ways to the White House for democrats with two different opinion.  One is the view that the nominee needs to be further left than Clinton as she didn't get people to come out to vote for her.  This would be Warren and Sanders.  Two is the view that the nominee needs to be center left to get the vote of the left and turn on the center minded people who might shy away from MFA and other "socialist" (I hate that term) ideals.  This would be Biden and Buttigueg.

 

This left center left... seems 100% based on health care.  

 

Mayor Pete's plans are virtually the same as Warren/Sanders, trillions in new social programs that are mainly paid for with a capital gains tax and new wealth taxes.

 

Biden is the only actual center-left as he has no capital gains or wealth tax proposals. (He plans to pay for his programs mainly by ending the Trump tax cuts)

 

Bernie's proposals are clearly left of the others. Though same thing in theory, he will tax the wealthy more then Warren/Buttigieg.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

5 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

 

 

 

Just wondering, when I see polls like this one.  About Warren being too liberal:  

 

Too liberal for the responder?  Or too liberal (in the respondent's opinion) to win the general?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:
 

 

 

 

funny how them apologies only come around when they need us. **** outta here Bloomberg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

 

From what I've read, he has a really strong ground team in Iowa specifically.

 

At least from looking at the polls, it sure looks like he's blanketing Iowa and NH, and ignoring the rest of the country.  

 

Which I can kinda understand.  He's polling in single digits nationwide.  If he doesn't have enough resources to pull himself up to, say, 20% nationwide (and I really doubt he does), then it's got to be cheaper to only spend the resources he's got in IA and NH.  

 

I mean, if he can win Iowa, it could certainly be a game changer for him.  Heck, if he can make it like that poll, where he finishes fourth, but the first four are 23-22-22-21?  Then he gains a lot of credibility.  

 

And I have to suggest that, if spending a ton of money in Iowa gets him above 20%?  It suggests that maybe if his message gets out, people will come to him.  (At least, 20% of Dems will.)   If his message sucked, then spending money in Iowa wouldn't be getting him that much.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.