Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

On 11/11/2019 at 2:35 PM, bearrock said:

it feels like there's a hugely complex issue surrounding those who are getting left behind and we as a country haven't focused enough on how to address that problem.

If only there were people bringing this up for the last 10 years

🤔

(not directed at you specifically)

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/deval-patrick-president-2020_n_5dc9e1e2e4b00927b2382d39

It's really hysterical that these guys think so highly of themselves that they can just jump in late and make any kind of run. The reality is that you have the same name ID problems that everyone but Biden and maybe Sanders had, no base of support and don't have the 6 months or so and multiple debates to build it. Oh, and people are going to resent you skipping most of the process and trying to shortcut your way thru it now.

But, you know, good luck. I'm sure I'm wrong. I just haven't met the millions of "Oh Dear God, why oh why isn't Deval Patrick running!?!?!" people. 

5 hours ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/deval-patrick-president-2020_n_5dc9e1e2e4b00927b2382d39

It's really hysterical that these guys think so highly of themselves that they can just jump in late and make any kind of run. The reality is that you have the same name ID problems that everyone but Biden and maybe Sanders had, no base of support and don't have the 6 months or so and multiple debates to build it. Oh, and people are going to resent you skipping most of the process and trying to shortcut your way thru it now.

But, you know, good luck. I'm sure I'm wrong. I just haven't met the millions of "Oh Dear God, why oh why isn't Deval Patrick running!?!?!" people. 

I honestly think these dudes see the gay mayor from a small spot in Indiana among the leaders and think to themselves, "hell, I can do it to"

53 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

I was solidly in the Warren camp because she seemed like the most serious and focused candidate but this isn’t helping. Would really like Democrats to not do Trumpy childish crap like this.

You’re running against the GOP and Trump.  2020 will be most dirty election ever.

15 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Cocaine Mitch is going to schedule the trial for 6 to 8 weeks, 6 days a week. Starting in January and maybe going into February.  Those Senators running for president will not be able to really campaign during the run up to the voting.  That could be damaging to Warren and Sanders.

That's kind of what I suspected early on. However, all indications are he wants to rush it. In fact, will apparently introduce a motion to dismiss right away.

Also, he's probably on board with the establishment thinking that the Dems are better off with a moderate, so he won't want to hurt Bernie or Warren's chances of winning the nomination. 

15 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Cocaine Mitch is going to schedule the trial for 6 to 8 weeks, 6 days a week. Starting in January and maybe going into February.  Those Senators running for president will not be able to really campaign during the run up to the voting.  That could be damaging to Warren and Sanders.

I think this will be very dependent on how the Senate races look. If he feels Republican incumbents are endangered, then keeping them off the campaign trail might be worse for him than trying to sequester Warren and Sanders.

11 hours ago, No Excuses said:

I was solidly in the Warren camp because she seemed like the most serious and focused candidate but this isn’t helping. Would really like Democrats to not do Trumpy childish crap like this.

“You pray for rain, you gotta deal with the mud too. That’s part of it. “

-Denzel Washington 

6 hours ago, Burgold said:

I think this will be very dependent on how the Senate races look. If he feels Republican incumbents are endangered, then keeping them off the campaign trail might be worse for him than trying to sequester Warren and Sanders.

Maybe for Iowa Joni Ernst?   Is she being primaried?    Don't know about NH,SC & NV.

I think if he does it, it's more towards damaging Warren and Sanders.  I don't think it will have much impact for Senate races.

Archived