Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

7 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

The GOP could've had a candidate with experience in '16, but they chose an idiot over Kasich or Jeb!.

Just pointing out, the Republican primary voters chose Trump.  The money that's supposedly in charge of the Party picked Jeb!.  

18 minutes ago, Larry said:

Just pointing out, the Republican primary voters chose Trump.  The money that's supposedly in charge of the Party picked Jeb!.  

True dat.  They also used a great deal of resources to intentionally retard their voting base to the point where a demagogue like Trump can walk in and effectively end any charade of republicanism or conservatism within the GOP simply by saying that he’s going to make life worse for brown people and Democrats. I’d say they are getting what they deserve but since the establishment has continued making the funneling Of more and more wealth upward their main priority, I guess they don’t really mind.

Sidenote: How do you think the skins are going to do against the ursoid creatures tonight?

2 hours ago, Riggo-toni said:

How exactly is Buttigieg less qualified than Warren? Such an assertion is ageism. Buttigieg has experience as an executive in government as well as the most military experience of any president since GHWB.  Presidents are executives, not legislators, and all the best Dem candidates have been younger - Obama, Clinton, JFK. Warren has one term in the Senate, and she's the paragon of experience?  LBJ and Mondale had decades in the Senate, but they were still bad choices.

Actually Russian promoted Tulsi Gabbard's current 16 years of service in the Hawaii ANG outflanks Mayor Pete's 8 years in the UNR.

But we're probably splitting hairs because military service is an outdated method in ranking candidates. 

16 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

It's good that they're upping the threshold (albeit slightly). I still wish they would use a polling average instead of allowing people to get in on a few random polls out of the multitude of them. And having candidates begging for $1 bills to get in is ridiculous. How about making a smaller number of donors, but they have to give at least $10?

Still, it's hard to imagine more than 9 could get in for November, and could easily be 7 if Booker really drops out.

36 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

Here's the thing, executive experience is important BUT a good understanding of Congress (who actually makes the laws the President signs) is similarly important AND having an understanding of national issues is important as well.

In 2019 executive experience, hell any experience isnt really a negative. Its actually more of a positive because you cant look back at their voting record or stance on an old/outdated issue.

Problem with Pete though isnt just the qualifications, he's 37 years old. There's also a lack of life experience. Im not saying thats necessarily bad or good just pointing out that experience can guide you when things dont go as planned.

What happens when Pete is pressured or pressed? Unprepared? Makes a mistake? What happens when he doesn't know what to say or doesn't have an answer?

Based on his few controversies, he severely lacks experience in these areas. (E.g. police shooting in South Bend response to black community) 

Now if he had to tackle that issue again he'd be more prepared and would handle it better.

4 hours ago, Larry said:

Nothing saya "I suport Trump" like cancelling an election.  

My state (AZ) did this too, pissing me off to no end.  Kelli Ward was behind the action in Arizona. It will be a cold day in hell before I support her for anything.  In side note since McSally is essentially toast (thanks to Ward and her ilk) wonder if she will vote to remove the President when and if impeachment gets to the Senate. (and yes if he did what was reported with the Ukrainians (and I think he did) he should be impeached).

4 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Klobuchar does nothing for me. I don’t see her appeal in this race at all from policies to speaking to charisma to “electability” 

Klobucher or Biden would be the only ones I could possibly vote for and that depends on who they surround themselves with once they were nominated. But I'll probably vote for Nikki Haley as write in.

13 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Klobuchar does nothing for me. I don’t see her appeal in this race at all from policies to speaking to charisma to “electability” 

Ironically she'd have considered a solid liberal 15 years ago. Now she's too moderate for some Democratic voters. I think strategically her Midwestern roots helps the party (much like Mayor Pete). More so than having two east coasters on the top of the ticket. 

But I do wonder if geography is even a thing these days when it comes to building a ticket.

2 hours ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

It's good that they're upping the threshold (albeit slightly). I still wish they would use a polling average instead of allowing people to get in on a few random polls out of the multitude of them. And having candidates begging for $1 bills to get in is ridiculous. How about making a smaller number of donors, but they have to give at least $10?

Still, it's hard to imagine more than 9 could get in for November, and could easily be 7 if Booker really drops out.

I think the rules are as they are to try and minimize the chance a candidate who is locked out cries foul.

If you only need the threshold in a couple polls and still can't pull it, out of dozens of chances (including in the early states themselves) then you have no one to blame but yourself.  Same with money and dollar amounts.

DNC already got yelled at by Gabbard bots over her getting kicked last time.  They want to be able to say "listen we lowered the bar super low for this late in the contest."

2 hours ago, DogofWar1 said:

DNC already got yelled at by Gabbard bots over her getting kicked last time.  They want to be able to say "listen we lowered the bar super low for this late in the contest."

Hard to claim "the bar was impossibly high" when there's like 12 people on the stage for the fourth debate.  

23 minutes ago, Larry said:

Hard to claim "the bar was impossibly high" when there's like 12 people on the stage for the fourth debate.  

Bigger problem I had was not everyone got to answer every question to give themselves equal chances to address the same issues.  Her stance on closing overseas bases wasn't even discuessed, and that says a lot to me coming from someone in the military longer then anyone on stage.

Wasn't Trump gonna do that?  And I seem to remember Ron Paul was going to, too.  

I remember at the time, writing a long post about how I'm absolutely certain that there's got to be some bases, somewhere, that aren't worth the money.  But then I stated that if I'm SECDEF, I'd close Fort Bragg before I'd close Dago.  (And provided a map, to illustrate why.)  

4 minutes ago, Larry said:

Wasn't Trump gonna do that?  

Not that I remember, he didn't like that he felt countries our overseas bases were in weren't making it worth it monetarily.  That's different then closing them because people argue we have the technology and military alliances to not make that necessary as it once was and can save money.

4 hours ago, Larry said:

I remember at the time, writing a long post about how I'm absolutely certain that there's got to be some bases, somewhere, that aren't worth the money.  But then I stated that if I'm SECDEF, I'd close Fort Bragg before I'd close Dago.  (And provided a map, to illustrate why.)  

That thread is probably archived, right? Should we make a new one?  The leave NATO went swimmingly well, even as a hypothetical let's at least talk about it standpoint

Archived