Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

Total

Biden                32%    15%    29%    41%    32%    32%    30%    46%    29%    30%
Sanders            15     22     18     10     19     12     14     10      9     19
O'Rourke           1      -      2      1      2      1      2      -      2      1
Harris                7     12      7      5      6      7      7      7     11      3
Warren              19     34     23     13     18     20     23     10     25     20
Booker               1      3      -      1      1      2      1      3      1      2
Gillibrand            -      -      -      -      -      -      -      -      -      -
Klobuchar          1      -      1      1      -      1      1      -      2      -
Castro                -      1      1      -      -      1      1      -      1      1
Gabbard             1      3      -      1      2      1      1      1      1      2
Delaney               -      -      -      -      -      -      -      -      -      -
Buttigieg            5      5      6      5      7      3      7      -      7      6
Yang                   3      1      4      3      2      3      2      -      2      3
Williamson        1      -      -      1      1      -      1      -      -      1
Messam             -      -      -      -      -      -      -      -      -      -
Ryan                    -      -      -      -      -      -      -      -      -      -
Bennet                1      -      -      2      1      1      1      3      -      1
Bullock               1      -      -      1      -      1      1      -      1      1
de Blasio            1      -      -      1      1      1      1      -      -      1
Sestak                  -      -      -      -      -      -      -      -      -      -
Steyer                   -      -  

9 hours ago, No Excuses said:

This a really bad reading of what I’m saying. Words have to be matched by actions and someone willing to disavow their racist past, while also demonstrating that they will work towards making society better and more civil, then by all means they should have a path to redemption.

Yeah, I get you're saying that. But you're saying it int he context of a lifelong racist who suddenly said "sorry, and by the way vote for me because I'm better now"

I was expecting an early dropout from Gillibrand. She's not one of these candidates who was trying to get her name in the papers or stroke her ego. She's a national figure and got in this thing thinking she could win, or at least come close. She's gone nowhere and at some point it's less embarrassing to admit you couldn't get your campaign off the ground than it is to be the crazy lady going around saying "here's what I'll do as President" when you can't get on debate stage or come close to people like Andrew Yang in the polls.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2020/president/us/2020_democratic_presidential_nomination-6730.html

Poll Date
Biden
Sanders
Warren
Harris
Buttigieg
Yang
Booker
O'Rourke
Gabbard
Castro
Klobuchar
Bullock
Williamson
Spread
RCP Average 8/15 - 8/27 28.9 17.1 16.5 7.0 4.6 2.5 2.4 2.4 1.4 1.1 0.9 0.8 0.8 Biden +11.8
Economist/YouGov 8/24 - 8/27 25 14 21 8 5 2 2 2 2 1 1 1 1 Biden +4
Emerson 8/24 - 8/26 31 24 15 10 3 4 3 3 3 1 1 0 0 Biden +7
Quinnipiac 8/21 - 8/26 32 15 19 7 5 3 1 1 1 0 1 1 1 Biden +13
The Hill/HarrisX 8/23 - 8/24 30 17 14 4 4 2 2 3 1 1 1 2 1 Biden +13
USA Today/Suffolk 8/20 - 8/25 32 12 14 6 6 3 2 2 0 1 0 0 0 Biden +18
Politico/Morning Consult 8/19 - 8/25 33 20 15 8 5 2 3 3 1 1 1 1 1 Biden +13
Monmouth 8/16 - 8/20 19 20 20 8 4 3 4 2 1 2 1 0 2 Tie
CNN 8/15 - 8/18 29 15 14 5 5 1 2 3 2 2 1 1 0 Biden +14

Oh yeah, Varney. The "I'm British, so you have to take me serious" hack on Fax. 

Joe Walsh straight up gives him an example of a lie. And Varney refuses to acknowledge it as a lie, then wants another example.  Sheesh.

----------------------------------

It's simply astonishing that after 4 years of Trump, Susan Sarandon is going to stick with her "Unless the Democrat I personally want nominated gets it....." attitude as if any of the nominees are anywhere close to the scumbag in chief. 

On 8/28/2019 at 8:01 PM, Rdskns2000 said:

These no hope candidates need to drop out also but they won't; at least until after the October debate deadline; since some of those on the cusp of qualifying ,  will have more time to do so for October.

The problem is you seem to talk as if candidates just need to have an "I could have had a V-8!" moment of realizing they won't be President and then they'll drop out. We still have two declared candidates who haven't qualified for a single debate, plus the Hippy Dippy Weather Lady. Those and a coupe of others never had a shot, or, even if they thought they might be able to catch a miracle wave, the chances of that have long since passed. 

So, right now you have group A- the 10 candidates who have made the debate, probably will the next one (Gabbard and Steyer) and my guess is Bullock still thinks  he has a legit shot to get there.

Group B is the semi-serious candidates who have no shot of getting into any more debates- Ryan, de Blasio, Delaney, Bennet.

Group C are the not really serious candidates- Williamson, Sestak, Messam.

So, it's possible someone from A could drop put, obviously Bullock if he can't make the October debates is a possibility, or someone who's making the debates but actually wanted to be President and will realize this is going nowhere (Klobuchar fits this profile). But the smart money says none of these candidates drop out soon. C who knows? Any of them could bow out tomorrow or any of them could technically be 'still running' in June. No way to predict how, when or why any of them cash it in.

Group C is where logic would tell us a dropout is likely. de Blasio, frankly seems like a guy who believes he deserves the national stage and also doesn't;t seem to have anything to lose (ie, it's not like he has a bright future ahead of him to jeopardize), so my guess is he's in it for a while. Ryan could go, but he really seems to really believe he's the gu who can "save" the party in 2020, and he's been trying to raise his national profile for a while, so he might  want to stay in for now.

The smart money, I'd say, goes on Bennet and Delaney to be next. Bennet, in particular, is a Senator of some respect who is in danger of making himself a laughingstock. I'm not entirely sure what he ever hoped to gain by this run, but it's nothing but an embarrassment for him going forward. Delaney is just wasting his own money at this point, has nothing going on even though he was one of the first to declare and has already had reports of his staff telling him it's time to quit.

That's my two pennies worth. 

Brad Parscale and his wife both insist their arrangement is legitimate and that there is no coordination.
"This is a perfectly legal and appropriate arrangement, which is firewalled, with zero chance for coordination," he said in a statement. "There could not possibly be coordination because the ads placed were for other candidates in the 2018 midterms. Everything is in FEC compliance."
Still, experts in federal election law consulted by CNN say the appearance of a connection between the President's main super PAC and a firm set up by his campaign manager's spouse that handles political ads walks right up to the line.

"When we're in bed, we're strictly fornicating. No coordination"

3 hours ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

The problem is you seem to talk as if candidates just need to have an "I could have had a V-8!" moment of realizing they won't be President and then they'll drop out. We still have two declared candidates who haven't qualified for a single debate, plus the Hippy Dippy Weather Lady. Those and a coupe of others never had a shot, or, even if they thought they might be able to catch a miracle wave, the chances of that have long since passed. 

So, right now you have group A- the 10 candidates who have made the debate, probably will the next one (Gabbard and Steyer) and my guess is Bullock still thinks  he has a legit shot to get there.

Group B is the semi-serious candidates who have no shot of getting into any more debates- Ryan, de Blasio, Delaney, Bennet.

Group C are the not really serious candidates- Williamson, Sestak, Messam.

So, it's possible someone from A could drop put, obviously Bullock if he can't make the October debates is a possibility, or someone who's making the debates but actually wanted to be President and will realize this is going nowhere (Klobuchar fits this profile). But the smart money says none of these candidates drop out soon. C who knows? Any of them could bow out tomorrow or any of them could technically be 'still running' in June. No way to predict how, when or why any of them cash it in.

Group C is where logic would tell us a dropout is likely. de Blasio, frankly seems like a guy who believes he deserves the national stage and also doesn't;t seem to have anything to lose (ie, it's not like he has a bright future ahead of him to jeopardize), so my guess is he's in it for a while. Ryan could go, but he really seems to really believe he's the gu who can "save" the party in 2020, and he's been trying to raise his national profile for a while, so he might  want to stay in for now.

The smart money, I'd say, goes on Bennet and Delaney to be next. Bennet, in particular, is a Senator of some respect who is in danger of making himself a laughingstock. I'm not entirely sure what he ever hoped to gain by this run, but it's nothing but an embarrassment for him going forward. Delaney is just wasting his own money at this point, has nothing going on even though he was one of the first to declare and has already had reports of his staff telling him it's time to quit.

That's my two pennies worth. 

Delany has money and it sounds like he plans on staying in, until Iowa. He was on Hardball tonight & he doesn't sound like someone planning to quit soon.  It's his money to waste. 

The practical matter is, many of these candidates won't be able to raise money to mount a serious campaign.  If you want to really have a chance, you need to have your organization built up in the early states and even make a presence for those March 3 Super Tuesday states.  There aren't too many candidates who will be able to do that; so as a practical matter many of those lower tier candidates won't have the money to hang around to much longer.

I think Bullock, Ryan, Delaney & Bennett are hoping Joe Biden implodes soon and they can pick up the pieces in the moderate lane.  I think day by day, Joe Biden is showing he's not mentally there anymore. He's not up to the task.  The next debate- he's going to be the #1 target.  He will be surround by Warren and Sanders on each side and you know Booker & Harris will take their shots at him also.   I think when Biden implodes, his support will just go to the likely democratic nominee. 

2 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Delany has money and it sounds like he plans on staying in, until Iowa. He was on Hardball tonight & he doesn't sound like someone planning to quit soon.  It's his money to waste. 

I am not telling you who is going to drop out or not,  just looking at where I think the logic leads, with the caveat that some of these people's motivation are impossible to ascertain and we can't get inside anyone's head.

That said, two days before she dropped out, I heard an interview with Gillibrand where she used the phrase "When I'm President-" a lot. The point being, no one "sounds lie they are planning to quit" until they quit.

2 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

I think when Biden implodes, his support will just go to the likely democratic nominee. 

If, say, he dropped out next week, I would guess his voters would disperse somewhat close to evenly among the top contenders, and a smaller number to some lower-tier guys. I think it might help Bernie a little as he's the best known and a lot of people really equate "white guy" with "electable". 

A lot of people outside the tp. tier would be hopping winning over Biden voters would be their ticket to the top. The one guy I would say has a shot of it (though not a huge shot) would be Beto. I think there's a chance people would look at him as the moderate, electable choice and he'd have something of an opportunity to show why he's considered likable. 

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

since they have majority support of Americans and make this happen instead of cowering to the gun nuts and nras of the world 

Majority support taking away ARs and such?  I know there is a majority support for universal background checks and stuff.

I don't think this country could handle a drastic move such as that.

Archived