Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

I hate to see statements like Booker's where they cite the "pain" caused by words from someone like Biden. It just comes off as an over exaggeration to me. Im not pained by Biden's words in the slightest. And my mother wouldn't be. But neither of us would trust the ****er, and I think that should be the point. 

Thats personal and anecdotal though, so whatever. It just grinds my gears and to me takes away from the point. 

After Biden’s comments in New York, I would be furious if he were the nominee. 

I had openly questioned how Joe had such huge numbers at recent polling. I mean the man is running on a, “ I’m going to cure cancer” campaign. What?! Are people really getting behind such a baseless promise, as if we haven’t been working on that for the past century, and the real problem is that no one would ever be able to afford the cure with the current medical cost landscape. Now I wonder no more. He’s pandering to the ones who control the country and oppress the middle class/poor. They don’t want to lose their billions and are actively campaigning for Joe over the other candidates. I sincerely hope the dnc will make the right call on the nominee between Warren, Sanders, or Harris.

I don’t get people attacking Biden saying he’s going to cure cancer (although I would have preferred he said something like ‘I will do everything in my power to rid the world of the scourge of cancer’) his son died from cancer, of course curing it is a huge goal of his.

His comments about the segregationist though were ****ing horrendous.  More than a gaffe it seems to shed light on a very out of date mindset.

26 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I hate to see statements like Booker's where they cite the "pain" caused by words from someone like Biden. It just comes off as an over exaggeration to me. Im not pained by Biden's words in the slightest. And my mother wouldn't be. But neither of us would trust the ****er, and I think that should be the point. 

Thats personal and anecdotal though, so whatever. It just grinds my gears and to me takes away from the point. 

Corey Booker is the king of theatrics. The idea that words inflict pain and violence is also by far one of the dumbest ideas to come from the left. No one is hurting today because Joe Biden's brain is still stuck in post-segregation 70s.

There is a reason that Biden, as a Presidential candidate, never even showed up on the radar when he previously ran. The fact that so many people suddenly assume he is a great candidate all of the sudden reflects more on their fond memories of Obama's Presidency and are projecting that onto Biden.  That sentiment is not going to last, as Biden's support will likely chip away slowly the longer the campaign season goes on.  The hope should be that someone else emerges from the primary debates as a strong alternative candidate that people have confidence in, for beating Trump in 2020.   This Biden or bust narrative has been short-sighted from the start and is about to become very harmful. 

2 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Y’all can pedal-clutch on Biden’s centrist rhetoric all you want but it’s leagues better and more valuable than anything the Occupy movement brought to the table for 2016.

The end result was that both movements lost to Donald Trump.

I have a better idea: trash them both in the garbage and look for a better alternative.

1 hour ago, Fresh8686 said:

integrity and justice come first, then civility.

Civility without the first two isn't civility at all, but appeasement and weakness.

This is what pissed me off the last ten years or so in our politics, especially with Trump. You can’t be civil with lunatics who don’t value humanity. 

Biden would want us to sit down and have a conversation with Nazis to find our common ground. (Tbf, so would Andrew Yang’s dumb self)

Archived