Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

49 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

For all its baggage, Biden/Warren is a confident ticket...right now.  And that’s fine.

I think we can probably do better, though.

It feels like a ticket where we’re promised Warren will be this influential person, but then isn’t.

8 minutes ago, tshile said:

It feels like a ticket where we’re promised Warren will be this influential person, but then isn’t.

Maybe...but having Uncle Joe run cover on foreign policy/diplomacy while Warren grinds on domestic stuff feels pretty appealing.

6 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Maybe...but having Uncle Joe run cover on foreign policy/diplomacy while Warren grinds on domestic stuff feels pretty appealing.

Until he meets with the Indian PM and tells him he can't go to a Dunkin Donuts in DE without hearing that lovely Indian accent.

Still better than the current dip**** we have now, but still.

2 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

For all its baggage, Biden/Warren is a confident ticket...right now.  And that’s fine.

I think we can probably do better, though.

Here's the potential Veep candidates for each realistic potential nominee.

Biden/Warren - She's the best candidate to be his veep and I think there's a chance that Biden would adopt some of her plans.

Sanders/ Abrams- Bernie needs the black vote. Stacey Abrams would be my choice for veep.

Mayor Pete/ Booker- He also needs to shore up the black vote, so Cory Booker would be good for him.

Warren/Castro- I think a Elizabeth Warren/Julian Castro is the ticket for her.

Harris/Mayor Pete- The liberals and the midwest.

Beto/Sherrod Brown- He needs a midwesterner

I don't see anyone else at the moment as having a shot at the no,imation.

2 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Biden is the least appealing candidate in the field to me.  I don't want him on any ticket.

Totally. It bothers me deeply that hes got the black vote on lock. Lots of reasons for that. None of them smart.

4 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Totally. It bothers me deeply that hes got the black vote on lock. Lots of reasons for that. None of them smart.

I didn't know that.  I haven't been following the polling at all.  Maybe it's because he comes off as more conservative, and black Democrats have tended to be more conservative than white Democrats in the past.  But I hope that black Democrats leave him to support Warren.  She's a better candidate and I also think she cares more about helping black people than Biden does.

It's still early though, there is a ton of time for other Democrats to win support of black voters.

9 minutes ago, Llevron said:

He has the old black voters on lock, but I imagine this is all tenuous. In 2007, Hillary Clinton had black voters on lock because of Bill based on the polls.

The key is for younger voters to come out.

The biggest thing I need people to understand is that its June and we haven't had the first debates yet. 

2 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Biden is the least appealing candidate in the field to me.  I don't want him on any ticket.

He brings nothing new or innovative to the table. Same problem as Hillary.

Trump clobbered the GOP field in 2016 because he at least went away from the orthodoxy, even if it was a slide towards worse ideas.  

@BenningRoadSkin beat me to it.

1 minute ago, No Excuses said:

Trump clobbered the GOP field in 2016 because he at least went away from the orthodoxy, even if it was a slide towards worse ideas.  

I think a political reality where a millennial majority in the electorate is taking form in the Democrat field, and Biden's third way bull**** is utterly unappealing to a millennial.  We want a partisan who will ****ing fight for us, it really is that basic.  I would never trust Biden to be that.

Biden right now is running a campaign that seems to me like he is assuming he's going to win the Dem nomination and is setting himself to win "the middle" and the midwest states that went to Trump in 2016 (Michigan, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin) in the general election.  I certainly take issue with some of Biden's positions on discrete issues, and his insistence that Republicans will work with him in good faith is borderline delusional, but as a pure political strategy, it's solid.  The left to far-left vote is going to get split among 4-5 candidates, Biden is running in that moderate lane by himself.  

4 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

think a political reality where a millennial majority in the electorate is taking form in the Democrat field, and Biden's third way bull**** is utterly unappealing to a millennial.  We want a partisan who will ****ing fight for us, it really is that basic.  I would never trust Biden to be that.

He’s selling a hokey pokey bull**** version of pre-Trump America that most millennials know doesn’t exist. If your best pitch is “Make America America again”, kindly GFY.  

Half of the clowns in the Presidential race should be running for Senate or other races. Beto, Hickenlooper, Bullock... like what are you people doing.

11 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Biden right now is running a campaign that seems to me like he is assuming he's going to win the Dem nomination and is setting himself to win "the middle" and the midwest states that went to Trump in 2016 (Michigan, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin) in the general election.  I certainly take issue with some of Biden's positions on discrete issues, and his insistence that Republicans will work with him in good faith is borderline delusional, but as a pure political strategy, it's solid.  The left to far-left vote is going to get split among 4-5 candidates, Biden is running in that moderate lane by himself.  

And of course the hypothesis is that the middle lane is where the majority of the Dem base still is (since that millennial younger generation cannot be trusted to actually vote - not a knock on millenials..that's how it works every generation) and that it also may appeal to crossover voters who Trump has alienated. 

The key for Biden will be retaining the Bernie Bros and other more extreme Dems and convincing them that middle of the road Dem candidate is better than Trump. At the end ..that's truly the option. One or the other. Protest and/or 3rd party votes are a waste if you are that passionate about the socially liberal platform.

If they can't see that though...I don't know what else to say.

PS..I still want Beto or Booker to make a good run for it. 

2 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

He’s selling a hokey pokey bull**** version of pre-Trump America that most millennials know doesn’t exist. If your best pitch is “Make America America again”, kindly GFY.  

Half of the clowns in the Presidential race should be running for Senate or other races. Beto, Hickenlooper, Bullock... like what are you people doing. 

Beto is becoming a professional campaigner.  He's good at it, but you're absolutely right that he needs to win and serve in some kind of office before he made this run.  Kind of makes me wonder if he even cares about that part of politics.

17 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

I'd argue Biden is perceived as more likable than Hillary but that's a minor point. 

3 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

And of course the hypothesis is that the middle lane is where the majority of the Dem base is and that also may appeal to crossover voters who Trump has alienated. 

It seems this is exactly the appeal Biden has for many traditional Dems. Many of those cross-over voters are now refusing to admit they voted for him. That's a good sign going into 2020. 

4 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

If Biden doesn't self destruct as expected, then the only way he can be defeated is for the younger voters to be greater than the older voters in the primaries. 

Will that happen? If the older voters are satisfied with Biden, they will stick with him. So, the younger voters have to do something they haven't shown in the past. Vote in the primaries and outnumber the older voters. 

4 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

And of course the hypothesis is that the middle lane is where the majority of the Dem base still is (since that millennial younger generation cannot be trusted to actually vote - not a knock on millenials..that's how it works every generation) and that it also may appeal to crossover voters who Trump has alienated. 

The key for Biden will be retaining the Bernie Bros and other more extreme Dems and convincing them that middle of the road Dem candidate is better than Trump. At the end ..that's truly the option. One or the other. Protest and/or 3rd party votes are a waste if you are that passionate about the socially liberal platform.

If they can't see that though...I don't know what else to say.

PS..I still want Beto or Booker to make a good run for it. 

Right, the key (assuming Biden wins) is that the left/far left activist crowd don't do what they did in 2016, assume that Trump can't actually win, and stay home or vote for a kook because they didn't get their way (like children).  

2 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

And of course the hypothesis is that the middle lane is where the majority of the Dem base is and that also may appeal to crossover voters who Trump has alienated. 

What we want is a strong progressive leader.  We do not want to return to a pre-Trump status quo.  That is a pie in the sky ambition anyway.  Biden talking about working with Republicans is a clear demonstration that he's selling a big old load of bull****.  To me, that is signaling to your base that, best case scenario, you're a weakling who will get run over by Republicans for another four years.

I don't want some weak ass loser who can't even see he's in a fight to the death with Republicans for the future health of the American middle and lower classes.

33 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

The biggest thing I need people to understand is that its June and we haven't had the first debates yet. 

Very true. All of this can and hopefully will change. 

Young folks need need to make it happen for sure. I hope Trump has helped shine light on that. 

Archived