Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

10 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Concur, which is my biggest reason for not liking Trump but it takes a lot of nerve for a Dem to say that.  One of the better examples of a pot calling a kettle black.

Seriously? No, you can't be serious. Are you? Cause that's some dumb*** **** right there if so. So we will assume you were joking. 

40 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

I am far more worried that the media will continue its nonsense style of driving faux coverage of dumb scandals to create some form of equivalency between a dumpster fire of corruption and immorality like Trump and some milktoast lefty in the Dem field.

There will be a 2016 version of "BUT HER EMAILS!!!" or Swiftboat and I am 100% positive that the media will once again fall sucker to Republican smear attacks.

This.  So this.

It usually starts on FOX or another right-wing source, then MSNBC or CNN or whoever will cover the nonsense in the name of giving equal time, but all they are really doing is validating the coverage of nonsense.  And you know if 8-10 months from now Joe Biden is still leading by as wide a margin as he currently is, there will be plenty of kooky stuff from his past that the GOP/Right wing media will look to amplify and and per usual the rest of the media will fall into the same "well shoot, we have to say something about this" trap. 

4 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Seriously? No, you can't be serious. Are you? Cause that's some dumb*** **** right there if so. So we will assume you were joking. 

Not joking and am talking about the Dems in general. That party's primary focus is division by race, religion, gender, etc. and has historically highlighted differences between groups including feeding hate to gain political advantage. I've told you all this before the main reason I detest Trump is because he is too much like a Democrat. 

16 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

This is like the dumbest take I've seen on this board. 

Ever on this board. 

21 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Not joking and am talking about the Dems in general. That party's primary focus is division by race, religion, gender, etc. and has historically highlighted differences between groups including feeding hate to gain political advantage. I've told you all this before the main reason I detest Trump is because he is too much like a Democrat. 

Yeah, um, okay, I'm pretty sure 99.99999% of all people think that is bat-**** crazy. 

30 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Yes, the party that runs in opposition to white identity politics, which has plagued this country since its inception, is the real problem.

57 minutes ago, nonniey said:

You could even go by the posts here.

2 minutes ago, visionary said:

Is it?

considering the damage that big farming has done to agricultural regions, yes. No one has offered much of anything to help them since Farm Aid. I know tho, "Bernie sucks!" so it has to be bad, but its an offer.

I don't think it's the best offer, but its a start to a convo that no one was having but is needed.

7 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

considering the damage that big farming has done to agricultural regions, yes. No one has offered much of anything to help them since Farm Aid. I know tho, "Bernie sucks!" so it has to be bad, but its an offer.

I don't think it's the best offer, but its a start to a convo that no one was having but is needed.

I'm just wondering if there's some reason to be sure that this is what Red State voters want or that it will win them over.  I haven't seen much discussion on it before, and I'm not sure they wouldn't pick Trump over something they previously wanted if he tells them it's bad.  It's also the sort of thing Republicans would be against generally.  (though these days that doesn't mean as much)

Just now, visionary said:

I'm just wondering if there's some reason to be sure that this is what Red State voters want or that it will win them over.  I haven't seen much discussion on it before, and I'm not sure they wouldn't pick Trump over something they previously wanted if he tells them it's bad.

I dont know. My only point is that its a policy that is aimed to specifically to help rural areas.

That is a group of people that have been abandoned by neoliberal policies and it may be why some, not all, have turned to white nationalism.

I think you can counter the jobs report pretty easily.  Is the middle class still being squeezed?  Are you still living paycheck to paycheck? Is it still taking 2 or more full time jobs to afford basic necessities?  Yes?  Well then a good jobs report doesn't really mean squat for you.  Oh awesome, more people have joined the losing end of the daily grind of working non stop in order to stay in their homes.  Hooray!  It is long past time that we stop defining the economy on a vague and generic "jobs" report and start actually examining the actual jobs themselves.   I remember in 2016 when the GOP  actually stole some talking points from the Occupy Wall Street crowd and pretended for about 2 minutes to care about some of these issues too because they were running for President at a time where these same jobs reports showed that Obama was leaving the country in a good economic place if you were to solely judge the economy off these reports, oh at which time Trump also said they were fake numbers.  So there's that too. 

42 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

I think you can counter the jobs report pretty easily.  Is the middle class still being squeezed?  Are you still living paycheck to paycheck? Is it still taking 2 or more full time jobs to afford basic necessities?  Yes?  Well then a good jobs report doesn't really mean squat for you.  Oh awesome, more people have joined the losing end of the daily grind of working non stop in order to stay in their homes.  Hooray!  It is long past time that we stop defining the economy on a vague and generic "jobs" report and start actually examining the actual jobs themselves.   I remember in 2016 when the GOP  actually stole some talking points from the Occupy Wall Street crowd and pretended for about 2 minutes to care about some of these issues too because they were running for President at a time where these same jobs reports showed that Obama was leaving the country in a good economic place if you were to solely judge the economy off these reports, oh at which time Trump also said they were fake numbers.  So there's that too. 

Exactly.

The problem is most Dems aren't willing to say that. Ironically, like you said, that was probably the realist point in Trump's 2016 campaign. The economy wasn't helping the middle class and the poor.

Working for Uber/Lyft or delivering mail for Amazon is not a stable job.

48 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Exactly.

The problem is most Dems aren't willing to say that. Ironically, like you said, that was probably the realist point in Trump's 2016 campaign. The economy wasn't helping the middle class and the poor.

Hell, I remember Ted Cruz......TED CRUZ....uttering the phrase "income inequality." during the 2016 campaign.  I am willing to bet he has probably brought it up zero times since Trump has been elected. 

29 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Hell, I remember Ted Cruz......TED CRUZ....uttering the phrase "income inequality." during the 2016 campaign.  I am willing to bet he has probably brought it up zero times since Trump has been elected. 

He sure didn't bring up that phrase in 2018 election here in Texas. Not that I heard or read anyway.

Archived