Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

5 hours ago, clietas said:

Not really. Central NC isn't to bad. Been pretty Republican heavy tho because of gerrymandering. My old district was the infamous "snake'. My state rep was Alma Adams the only black female state representative down here. They drew the new district in hope of getting rid of her since she's from Greensboro but now represents Charlotte. 

Since it was redrawn in 2016 Im now in the 13th. Which is pretty rural. Definitely a uphill battle for Democrats imo. 

I had friends that wanted me to move to Georgia a couple of years ago, I refused. I refuse to live in a red state. Even more so that VA is going blue, or at least purple.

5 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Wow, here's the thing about putting it on the employer, they are putting it on the employee.  This sounds like he'll focus on drug prices, but have to wonder what he'll do if that MFA bill comes across his desk.  Someone should ask him that.

It looks like the women running have paid attention to what happened during the 2018 election season and being creative with policies. The old Democrat machine is dead and the people in charge of the party need to start paying attention.

This isn't the 80s, 90s, 00s, and '10s. It's like the 2018 candidates rechanneled the 60s.

See, I like that Warren had the guts to go to Kermit. She's not going to get a lot of votes there, you'd expect some Trumpy backlash, etc, but f it, she went, addressed THE problem there vis-a-vis opioids. Credit where credit's due, you did good Liz

On 5/10/2019 at 8:42 PM, Cooked Crack said:

When America was great is pretty vague. With the way Trump talks it might have been great pre Civil War.

We have not been great since the '40s. Corporations and unmitigated greed have decimated the country and why I will never support another candidate that is not progressive. I am not supporting a person who gets their marching orders from Wall Street, corporations and the military-industrial complex that have laws written to benefit and protect them while bleeding the average citizen dry. Never again. Bernie Sanders, Gabbard, Yang or Warren are the only candidates I will consider. Biden is as big of a clown as Trump. 

35 minutes ago, Chump Bailey said:

We have not been great since the '40s.

Sorry.  I think our nation accomplished numerous really great things in the 60s.  Huge gains in civil rights.  I think we had huge increases on humanitarian aid overseas.  The Peace Corps.  The space program.  

Watching Stephanopolis This Morning.  (For some reason, local station is showing an infomercial instead of Meet the Press.)  Interview with Booker, which I think he came off very well.  I'd really never heard a thing about him, before  But I thought the interviewer really tried to make things tough on him, and he handled it really well.  

I liked the way he resisted the interviewer trying to pressure him into attacking Trump, or other Dems.  

Archived