Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

14 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Oh ok. Its just that.... when you ask me why im afraid of white people while quoting me not saying anything close to that, I have to wonder if you are being overly presumptuous for a particular reason or if you just doing that overly aggressive Benning thing you often do. I guess you just cant help it. You need to work on that though, homie. 

a) I never said you were afraid of white people. 

b) What I will apologize for is not making it clear that I meant that pertaining to who they are voting for. Your post said he is a "strong black male personality" and that may scare (white) people from voting for him. I wanted to know why you are scared of those people, in the voting context? 

14 minutes ago, Llevron said:

My thinking was simple (i thought). If people where scared of O, then Booker definitely  "fits the description". Booker has a much more combative personality compared to O. I would imagine he comes off to some people alot like you come off to posters on here. Not saying thats a bad thing, just thats its noticeably more abrasive than O who already had repubs shaking in their boots about shinra law or whatever the **** that was. Him being more abrasive and a black man would, imo, help to rally the Trump voters against him if it came down to him v Trump. Knowing that, I would expect the dems, who cant lose this one, to not even consider nominating him in 2020 unless he was beyond the shadow of a doubt the only one who could beat Trump. And in 2020 I think there will be better options to beat Trump than Booker. 

Booker is a charlatan who will do whatever his corporate masters say, particularly Big Pharma. To me, he is less scary than Obama because he does a really bad Obama impersonation.

The (white) people you are talking about were never voting Democrat.

20 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

The actual shape of the race won't be known until around the conventions in the summer of 2020.

1.  Will the ecomony be in a recession then?

2. Will the results of the Mueller investigation be known by then?

3. Who is the Democratic nominee?  Will that nominee be someone who can actually get elected?

4. After the 2020 primaries, will the Dems be united?

5. Will Trump have had a primary challenge?

6. Will the U.S. be invoolved in some new military conflict?

7. Will their be a viab le third party candidate that can draw enough votes; to trip the election either way?

Etc....  Those are just some of the factors that we won't know until them.  If somehow Trump isn't the GOP nominee, that changes things even more.

And, IMO very important, what positions on the issues does each candidate take?  

9 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

a) I never said you were afraid of white people. 

b) What I will apologize for is not making it clear that I meant that pertaining to who they are voting for. Your post said he is a "strong black male personality" and that may scare (white) people from voting for him. I wanted to know why you are scared of those people, in the voting context?

Ah ok, I got you now. Honestly I dont know why I am afraid of anyone's vote. I dont think that I should be. It may be because I dont trust people to use their vote for the right reasons. The group of people im talking about I expect to vote out of fear or hate for the other guy, which to me is what got us here. I am also worried about the number of those people. Im afraid if it came to Booker v Trump that this group of people would vote for Trump, basically, and I dont want Trump in office past his first term. IDK if that is making sense or if im just rambling at this point. 

Booker is a charlatan who will do whatever his corporate masters say, particularly Big Pharma. To me, he is less scary than Obama because he does a really bad Obama impersonation.

I think he is less scary to you than O cause you have enough sense to see past the bull****. The group of voters im worried about I dont give any credit for intelligence. Thats why I have to amend it from white people to some people. 

Im very curious about his relationship to big pharma now

The  Dem candidate will win the election if:

1) Inspires enough new and/or first time/youth votes/voters

2) People who stayed home for Hillary, but traditionally voted Dem, show up.

3) Any "I voted Obama twice" Trump voters switch back

4) "Not confident in Trump, but hated Hillary" voters switch back

5) "I voted Trump cause I always vote GOP, I will never vote Democrat but I will stay at home" Trump voters follow through

6) Continues the momentum from 2018 with energizing the base to turn out. Don't see this one as hard to do since Dems usually turn out strong for Presidential elections.

7) What I Missing?

The more I look back on 2016 the more I feel it was a referendum on Hillary more so than the Democrats as a whole. This doesn't mean the Dems can be lazy and assume Trump's horridness is enough to win, however Hillary rightfully or not, came with a lot of baggage and disdain that had been built up over decades.  There is no one running that has that same level of built-in repellent. It just seems like if you go back and look at why people voted Trump most of the time it ties directly back to Hillary as a candidate, not the issues, not that she was bad or unpopular on actual policy.  It was her, at the end of the day.

4 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

I'd never vote if I eliminated every candidate whose views didn't match up 100% with mine. Sometimes I guess I just don't understand what others are looking for.

Edit..no love for Jay Inslee on that list, pb?

Not to mention, as of now, the Presidency is not a dictatorship.  The President can want and support anything they like, but there is an actual process to enact it.  So something like for example the 70% marginal tax rate, it might make good red meat to woo the progressives, but how likely would that ever pass the House & Senate given the current make up of the reps?   

5 hours ago, Hersh said:

Booker is a solid candidate but the ticket is already set with Brown and Harris. Not sure who is the top of the ticket but those are the two.

I think Brown is needed to stay in his seat.  No point risking a seat in the senate in a battleground state.   We haven't really seen much from him anyway to know how he would do on the national stage.

3 hours ago, clietas said:

That's why Brown makes the most sense to me. Seems like he has the best chance as of today to be on the ticket. Other than Biden who else can potentially deliver WI, MI, PA, n mayhaps OH?

A lot of the typical Democrat folks who supported Trump in those states have switched back away from Trump since 2016, but the Dems may be more likely to win the states by turning out their base in urban areas, though it's harder in places where voters are suppressed.

3 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

They have been bankrolling him since he was mayor of Newark.

The guy is a corporate shill and has no chance out of the primaries.

You may actually be a more cynical SOB than I am

and I say that with complete respect and admiration, that's not an easy task

Image may contain: 1 person, text

37 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

none of these names are exciting to me right now. Don't get me wrong. Every single person on this list would likely do a better charge than the current clogged artery that we have right now. But still. Things can change. 

I have a feeling that boring is going to be a pretty strong selling point after the ****ing nitro circus we have at 1600 Pennsylvania right now.  Boring is underrated.  Give me a lawyer that gets animated talking about early childhood education policy.  

Image result for homer drool gif

40 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

none of these names are exciting to me right now. Don't get me wrong. Every single person on this list would likely do a better charge than the current clogged artery that we have right now. But still. Things can change. 

There are smart, charismatic, honest leaders on that list. Not really sure what you are looking for in a candidate. 

Archived