Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

36 people who could challenge Trump in 2020

I doubt 36 people run in 2020.  Also, many of those people who run; are running just to get their names out there.  Either for a future run or for possible jobs in a potential Democratic Administration in 2021. 

We know several Democratic Senators/Congressman this year will be making moves with an eye for 2020. Every vote they take or word they say, is mainly for the 2020 Democratic audience.   If you are planning to run; you probably need to be deciding that now. After the election in November; the 2020 race is off and running.

I think the Dems best chance lies outside Washington. 

I want to see some in their 50s, people my age don't have the long range ability needed to see to fruition long term policies. 

What we are seeing from Republicans is short term wealth transfers because they know that at some point the debt must be dealt with.

As always, it falls on Democrats to reduce the debt.  With Republicans screaming that it's the Democrats' fault and they have to fix it. 

I am getting pretty tired of this cycle.  

35 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

36 people who could challenge Trump in 2020

I doubt 36 people run in 2020.  Also, many of those people who run; are running just to get their names out there.  Either for a future run or for possible jobs in a potential Democratic Administration in 2021. 

We know several Democratic Senators/Congressman this year will be making moves with an eye for 2020. Every vote they take or word they say, is mainly for the 2020 Democratic audience.   If you are planning to run; you probably need to be deciding that now. After the election in November; the 2020 race is off and running.

I think the Dems best chance lies outside Washington. 

That list has some insane-crazy names on it.  John Kerry?  Howard Schultz?  The ****ing Rock??? :table2:

3 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

That list has some insane-crazy names on it.  John Kerry?  Howard Schultz?  The ****ing Rock??? :table2:

I think it's Biden if he wants it. Otherwise the Dems need to have someone much younger like Booker or Harris (or even Gillibrand) to make the leap.

Chris Murphy is an intriguing name to me right now.

32 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

I think it's Biden if he wants it. Otherwise the Dems need to have someone much younger like Booker or Harris (or even Gillibrand) to make the leap.

Chris Murphy is an intriguing name to me right now.

I think you are right about Biden.  I am a huge Chris Murphy fan (and Eric Garcetti).   

4 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

All I know is that if the Dems can't win significantly in 2020, after the incompetent and corrupt global embarrassment that this current administration has proven itself to be, then the party needs to be nuked into the ground and left for dead. 

Don't underestimate the Dems to not only blow it in 2020 but this year.

What will be the impact of the primary battles in the Democratic party?  There's going to a slew of progressive challengers to Democrat incumbents.  Will the challengers win?  If they win, will they be too far to the left; to win the fall.  If the incumbent wins, will they be damaged by a brutal primary fight?  Giving the GOP an opening?   If the progressives candidate doesn't win, will their supports still support the Democratic candidate in the fall?

Then in 2020, who wins the nomination?  The Bernie wing? The Establishment wing?  Will each wing's supporters; support the Democratic nominee, if their candidate loses?    Can the democratic nominee appeal to enough voters in the key states; to get 270?  Trump's not going be easy to beat in 2020; especially if the economy is good then.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a reminder, I did created this way early 2020 thread; for anything 2020 related.

One thing that would be interesting, if Trump didn't run in 2020. The only way I see that happening is if he's impeached and removed. Chances of him being removed are slim. So, anyone thinking he's not on the ballot in 2020; are deluding themselves.    Even if he's sick of the job and misses his old life; there's no way he's giving up the gravy train before he has too. 

Candidates like Kasich thinking about challenging him the GOP primary, are deluding themselves.

A 3 way race in the fall between the Democrat, Trump and someone like Kasich would be interesting. I'm not sure who would be favored in that one, you'd have to know what the conditions are in the Fall of 2020.  Would a 3 way, make it easier for Trump to win reelection? Heck, could Trump actually have an electoral landslide?  If Trump and the Independent candidate split the non-Democratic vote; does that make it easier for the Dem to win? A repeat of 1992?   Could an independent, actually win a 3 way vs. Trump & the Dem.   What if there's a strong viable 4th candidate; how does that play?

Depends on who the candidates are and the prevalent issues and mood.

How the economy is doing is always a major factor, as well as threats internal and external.

just like the last election :)

What if it was Trump vs Booker with hillary and kasich running as independents?

This is what we’re up against, this **** is still being spread around. It literally popped up on my newsfeed from a friend who should know better. How bad is it that I posted the proof that it’s fake and they responded that they weren’t surprised, but still haven’t deketed the post. I even posted the snopes article with it. I have no idea what will push these jackasses back under their rocks, but a blue wave this year and in 2020 would be a great start.

40457632521_3615abb32d_b.jpg

38647159820_2dbd33fcb3_z.jpg

1 hour ago, twa said:

How the economy is doing is always a major factor, as well as threats internal and external.

Oh the economy in 2016 was nearly identical today, the same threats existed then as today. The same issues are here today.

Just now, LadySkinsFan said:

The cigarette is a nice touch. Plus the pixalation at the edge of his face especially noticeable near the ear.

they forgot the cocaine dusting on the nostril

you just can't find good help anymore.

7 hours ago, twa said:

What if it was Trump vs Booker with hillary and kasich running as independents?

Your crush Hillary isn't running. She's done.  If Trump ever gets rid of Sessions, his next AG will go after Hillary.

Independent is possible. Other than a Billionaire, I don't see an ordinary politician like Kasich; being able to raise funds for such a bid.  Michael Bloomberg could run but he would be to the left. 

51 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Will he be brave enough to go it alone? Much to do to build a party from the ground up, in each state.

That's why Bernie glommed onto the Democrats. He didn't stand a chance going independent. 

Sadly, going Independent; means you have to have money.

Michael Bloomberg could go Independent, he has money.  Kasich or Sanders couldn't.

There's an opening for a 3rd or even 4th party/Independent run in 2020. Thing is, you have to be able to raise lots of money to compete against the Incumbent Trump and the Dem nominee. 

Archived